Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 01:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Having heard the 7998 I can approve of it. Simply the best Alpine out there only questions is if you find one. Also the Clarion 866 (966's younger brother) is well respected.
The 7998 is a really nice sounding, solid unit, copper chassis and all. And a powerhouse of possibilities if coupled with the H701 processor. But quite capable standalone too.

The Clarion HUs are great sounding units. Very balanced sound. The only gripe is, for the money, the Alpines and Pioneers have more audio features like TA etc. For example, the Clarion 956 we used would only do TA in active XO mode, not in standard mode. But I still like the Clarions cuz they still represent that old school Clarion design. The fact that build quality is good and sound is great... helps.
Old 5th July 2006, 10:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

To me Build Quality scores over TA.
Old 5th July 2006, 17:55   #33

mr. navin...so what shud i do now..because you said to not speak to bass& bcos he is just marketing his own products. but he didnt said anything to me for audiobhan, even today he called and said that demo is not poss becos of rain! since evryone is saying that ilusions is not good but gunbir is saying only that some is good. shud i cancel the demo also? what system are u having in ur car navin? if you are godfather then i wil buy that same system only ha ha ha )

where can i listen to infinity? what is the budget of this speakers? wheres mr sam's shop

i didnt had anything personal with car touch man..but in his message he is asking to buy kicker and mtx audios and all which tool said is not good and hertz is good...so who shud i beleive now... bcos gunbir is head of hertz and he said that car touch is good person...mannnnnn n i am so frustrated.

mr tool..when can i hear your car ....and like u are saying is the fm drive a good palce for fittings bcos i hv never heard the name..where is the place. i also have a friend whose sound engineer for studio.. his name is paul if you know him. he is going to come with me. he also told me that akbar sami has ilusions in his car that is how i know the name.

i asked the shop alankar electronic, i am going about the alpine player bcos in Milan subway it is very expensive and he says tht it is not available. models available are 9835 for 15000rs and 9855 for 130000rs and all model now come with mp3 facility

also can anyone guide me for mag wheel for my car and good tires..does anyone knw about this also..and is ther any place wher i can get this alll fitted together??

thanks
dharam soni
Old 5th July 2006, 18:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharams
models available are 9835 for 15000rs and 9855 for 130000rs
WAAAAT???

9835 Available.... that too for 15k???

and

9855 is 1,30,000/- ???? (its around 17 k these parts!!... WAAAAH... For that kinda money I WANNA DO THIS BIZZ!!)
Old 5th July 2006, 19:11   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
WAAAAT???

9835 Available.... that too for 15k???

and

9855 is 1,30,000/- ???? (its around 17 k these parts!!... WAAAAH... For that kinda money I WANNA DO THIS BIZZ!!)
It's of course grey thingy!!! never ever a 9835 can come with B&W for that price. And 9855 seems to be a typo!!

Note : Kb100000 is worried when he saw something more than his tru! Dont worry man! You still da king!
Old 5th July 2006, 20:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
It's of course grey thingy!!! never ever a 9835 can come with B&W for that price. And 9855 seems to be a typo!!!
Me no king... me total fakaat aam janta now.... gotta file returns now... The FM is making all threatening noises..

Anyways.. Yes I agre the rice of the 9835 is about right! - I am surprised that it is still available.. it'll get picked up in a JIFFY if ppl knew!!

Secondly... the 9855.. well it has to be TWO TYPOS!!... no way one will take care of it!

My suggestion to you DHARAM buddy - WASTE NO TIME - pick up that 9835!!! .. A lot of ppl from this forum want that so bad you will be lucky if its not sold out by the time go you back to them!

Last edited by kb100 : 5th July 2006 at 20:11.
Old 5th July 2006, 20:41   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
My suggestion to you DHARAM buddy - WASTE NO TIME - pick up that 9835!!! .. A lot of ppl from this forum want that so bad you will be lucky if its not sold out by the time go you back to them!
I doublely agree on that man!

9835s were once considered the most sought after HU.

I am an owner of that too. ( My setup is running helluva out of sync these days and not due to the 9835 but something else.)

Dont post where you're getting these as some in this forum will try and overtake you for that one.
Old 5th July 2006, 22:33   #38

9855 is rs13500 only sorry. which one is better? if posible i would like to save money if 9855 is also same quality as 9835 and there is no difference in functions
Old 5th July 2006, 23:11   #39
BANNED

Actually 9855 is the latest model of 9835. In 2004 it was 9835. In 2005 it's 9855. That's all. 9855 has some graphical differences and some very minute sound differences. 9835 sounds better according to the experts. And 9855 has that infamous glidetouch feature which is ofcourse a worthy showoff & nothing else.

And make sure you're getting proper ones and not some GOLMaaal!

9835 when sold with B&W was 38,990/- and 9855 is also somewhat same now.
Old 5th July 2006, 23:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mr. navin...so what shud i do now..because you said to not speak to bass& bcos he is just marketing his own products.
I do not recall him saying so. He simply informed you of B&Ts status. This was for your own good so you can make an informed decision.

Quote:
where can i listen to infinity? what is the budget of this speakers? wheres mr sam's shop
Mr Sam doesnt have a shop as such. His company does have retail outlests but primarily for Home Audio. For availability, get the July issue of Autocar, see the Infinity advert.

Quote:
i didnt had anything personal with car touch man..but in his message he is asking to buy kicker and mtx audios and all which tool said is not good and hertz is good...so who shud i beleive now... bcos gunbir is head of hertz and he said that car touch is good person...mannnnnn n i am so frustrated.
I said no such thing... I met Mr Kirit very briefly and cannot possibly know about his work. I just pointed out that there are two Car Touch showrooms in Mumbai and Mr. Kirit who probably PM'ed you runs the Shivaji Park outlet. That is all I know.

You have to understand, this forum does not encourage any commercial activites. So I am not going to try selling you anything. We have some end users like Tool in Mumbai who have liked our products.

Quote:
mr tool..when can i hear your car ....and like u are saying is the fm drive a good palce for fittings bcos i hv never heard the name..where is the place.
Yes, I have seen the work done by FMdrive in Tools car and was quite impressed. The Sub box made was near perfect (its verryy difficult pleasing us) and the rest of the install was done very well. Not showy or blingy but very functional, solid kind of work. I think the shop is somewhere near Linking Road.

Quote:
i asked the shop alankar electronic, i am going about the alpine player bcos in Milan subway it is very expensive and he says tht it is not available. models available are 9835 for 15000rs and 9855 for 13000rs and all model now come with mp3 facility
The 9835 is nearly the same as the 9833. The 9835 has a better display. We found the unit easier to navigate than regular Alpines, though a bit shiny (soundwise). Some people even like that, and so works well for them. I would avoid the glidetouch feature. So I dont recommend the 9855.

Dharam, do let us know if we can help clear any other doubts. Thats what we're here for...

Last edited by gunbir : 5th July 2006 at 23:56.
Old 6th July 2006, 00:05   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
mr. navin...so what shud i do now..because you said to not speak to bass& bcos he is just marketing his own products. ...

where can i listen to infinity? what is the budget of this speakers? ...

i didnt had anything personal with car touch man......so who shud i beleive now... dharam soni
Dharam,

Like Gunbir clarified I never asked anyone not to speak to B&T. Hell why should I. I just said that he represents Illusion and Audiobahn. B&T might not have said this on this forum but I am 99.9% sure of my facts. I even know his partner. That said feel free to meet B&T and form your own impression on his speakers and amps.

All I am saying it that TBHP IS NOT A COMMERCIAL FORUM AND WONT TOLERATE MARKETING. B&T and others are free to Market their products via other avenues.

I try not to recommend products myself. because
1. I understand what I say carries more weight than it should
2. Not everyone might like my taste.
3. I want everyone to listen to their ears not mine or anyone elses for that matter.

Listen to all you can and you will find that you can distinguish good from bad pretty fast. It is not as difficult as it looks. Carry your own music. Call the installer and ask them if they are doing any installs in your budget and make an appointment. i find if you have a professional approach most installers will appreciate it.

Last edited by navin : 6th July 2006 at 00:06.
Old 6th July 2006, 03:00   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Gunbir and Navin have said it all basically.
Dharam, none of us have shops and we are not trying to sell you anything. The only thing we can offer is advice and that is free.
Old 6th July 2006, 10:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I just said that he represents Illusion and Audiobahn. B&T might not have said this on this forum but I am 99.9% sure of my facts. I even know his partner.
I used to wonder too... till I came to know a couple of weeks back!! ... Why all the secrecy B&T ??
Old 6th July 2006, 19:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Like Superman and Clark Kent.... we have Bass&Trouble and Ajay... wait for the rains to subside... though this would have been a good time to test the Illusion's 'water-resistant' properties... (I joke I joke)
Grrrrr....now you're really getting on my nerves Gunbir!!!

How do you equate me with Superman, dude? My underwear is at all times firmly ensconced inside the comfort of my trousers. You wouldn't catch me dead with underpants worn on the outside of a silly pair of tights or a body-suit or whatever on earth that is!!! And i'd look damn silly getting my cape stuck in the hinges whenever i get down to installing something for someone in a car.

Quote:
Dont know about double pricing my friend. But let me tell you something of the little I know about this... Illusion has some nice products (some great and some average, like all manufacturers).
As you earlier guessed right, the lower price is for the Lucent series. I don't know why I'm getting into this 'double' thing..double personality..double pricing...I don't even see double after I'm through with a liter bottle of most choice spirits!

As far as choice is concerned , I prefer triple....
Old 6th July 2006, 20:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mr. navin...so what shud i do now..because you said to not speak to bass& bcos he is just marketing his own products. ....

even today he called and said that demo is not poss becos of rain....
Dharam Sir, we have had this discussion on the phone, and I believe you have absolved me of wrongdoing, whether that was implied by me or anyone else, or merely misunderstood . Just to clarify for the benefit of the guys on the forum... I DID NOT APPROACH YOU. I also did not see Navin indicate that I was doing anything of the sort, he just stated some facts and those facts are true. I'm very much the pea-brained employee of a home/ car audio distribution business that he makes me out to be, who gets some kicks out of sometimes installing car audio, and I don't think I want to shout about it on this forum, because I don't want to use this forum as any sort of tool (not you shatul, bro) to propogate our business. For instance, Kb100 once called me, and from the system that I recommended to him, only 1 piece of equipment worth Rs 9500/- from the whole setup I recommended was represented by my firm, that too by no means forcefully or with bias against any other particualr brand. And I also think I made him aware of several other options that he could look at, as compared to my suggestion. That of course, was a different and conservative non-guru kb100 from the one we know now. Nowadays I call him for suggestions.

I got involved in this because, on several occassions I am called by local dealers to organize a demo for products that some client is interested in hearing, or sometimes even to help with the install or tweak etc. and I thought I'd send you a car. I did not even realize you were the same guy for whom the demo car was called, that I realized when the dealer decided to part with the 'precious' information..being your name, and I related that to your post here. I suggested you take a demo on the forum but that was just a general piece of information since you said you were looking at Illusion Audio as one of the choices, I did not PM you or anything or try to solicit you in any way. The dealer gave you my number, and not vice versa, and that was because he thought we could independently meet on my side of town because of the rains. I never said that you should not listen to other products and evaluate etc, and believe that you did before you decided about what to go ahead with.

Now that you have had a demo, and since you have made up your mind..i think we can end this matter here, and I may be absolved of all touting allegations, carnal or otherwise.. what say? Although, in the past couple of days, I did want to do a Superman with you, and get the car to you inspite of the rains. Someone must have planted kryptonite around here somewhere.

And..thank you for your patience.

EDIT (Gunbir style ): Pay no attention to the beautiful words of love exchanged by Gunbir, JB AND me. As a married gentleman, you must know that quarrels, tiffs and disagreements further strengthen the bonds of a relationship. And I hope you don't read any further than this, it's for my dear Gunbir only...."GUNBIR...IF I MEET YOU I'M GONNA PLONK YOU ON YOUR PHATTT HEAD WITH A AUDIOBAHN 3000W RMS SUPER PHATTTT SURROUND FLAME BASKET SUBWOOFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS GO TO JANTA ALL ALONE???? (Sam doesn't count, that place, in all likelihood must be his alma mater)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed