Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 11:24   #16
BHPian

Re: ICE for the 4th-gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Advantage of Tab is I would also be able add OBD interface to it, pair a reverse camera to it, use GPS, and also have wireless connectivity (wifi/SIM) at my disposal. TAB can be carried home and used there as well (Double purpose) & I would not void any warranty as well
Can you please explain more about the OBD interface and how we can pair tablet to reverse parking camera using OBD?
Old 26th March 2014, 12:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
Can you please explain more about the OBD interface and how we can pair tablet to reverse parking camera using OBD?
OBD Interface is a port provided in your car by which you can get lot of data(eg RPM, Speed, engine temperature, fault codes, etc) from the Car. You can read more details about it on this thread :

www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/20803-obd-onboard-diagnostics-indian-cars.html

You can connect a bluetooth based OBD reader to the port and using an app called Torque Pro(or similiar apps) from Google Playstore can see all those readings in your TAB.

However, you cannot connect Reverse camera using OBD . For Reverse parking camera will need to use a USB port on the TAB to display the data. Alternatively there are few wireless reverse cameras which can be used to connect without wires to the Tab. (Not tried it personally as am still in research phase on this)

Last edited by malgudi : 26th March 2014 at 12:10.
malgudi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 14:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Advantage of Tab ... pair a reverse camera to it, ...
Quote:
... However, you cannot connect Reverse camera using OBD . For Reverse parking camera will need to use a USB port ... Alternatively there are few wireless reverse cameras ...
I am intrigued by your confidence in being able to interface Reversing Cameras to tabs.

All the commercially available Reversing Cameras just give an analog Composite Video Out signal. How do you intend to interface that to a tablet which doesn't provide an Analog Video Input interface? And how do you intend to automatically switch the display to that camera's display?
Old 26th March 2014, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I am intrigued by your confidence in being able to interface Reversing Cameras to tabs.

All the commercially available Reversing Cameras just give an analog Composite Video Out signal. How do you intend to interface that to a tablet which doesn't provide an Analog Video Input interface? And how do you intend to automatically switch the display to that camera's display?
Hi DeAlte,

Well, here is what I have captured in my notes so far (all theory research at this point )
1. One option is to get hold of a IP webcam, plug it into portable wifi router(eg TP-linkTL-MR3020) via lan port and then from our tab, connect to the router over wifi and access the webcam via typing the ip address of camera in browser. Problem is the limited viewing angle of the IPwebcams (60-90 degrees while in car preferred is 120-160/170 degrees)
2. If you have a google nexus 7 tab with Timurs Kernel installed (customised kernel which enables you to charge the Tab as well as connect USB device on the same wire and at the same time. More here - a long thread though most relevant details are on page 1 and 7 with EasyCap on page 104) then it supports a device called as EasyCap dongle which on the input takes the Analog input and can be connected to the tab via USB port. The video can then be viewed via any cam app on the tab
3. If you dont like option 1 then you can buy a reverse camera like iphone-android-ipad-WIFI-Backup-Camera which I think essentially does the same thing as option 1 but is an integrated solution rather than the mix and match that needs to be done in option 1. Disadvantage is the high cost (~130-150$)

In all above option the problem is as you have mentioned how to get the app started once reverse gear is engaged. I am yet to figure this out though one option could be to use something like a tasker app on the google playstore

Last edited by malgudi : 26th March 2014 at 16:28.
Old 26th March 2014, 17:21   #20
BHPian

Can only a remote be had as after market for the stock unit just for changing the FM channels & volume controls or maybe just an app on android/ios that may control these functions via bluetooth?
My SV-CVT would mostly be chauffeured on weekdays with ladies and kids of the house on backseat.
Old 27th March 2014, 12:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
Can only a remote be had as after market for the stock unit ...
I doubt it. If the OE unit doesn't come with a remote, one doesn't find an aftermarket IR remote.

Search - you might find an interface box that interfaces the HU to the Steering Wheel control buttons. With this, you can attach a box of switches that will simulate the Steering Wheel control buttons (disconnecting the actual SWC buttons). I assume you want the rear seat passengers to be independently controlling the HU, and not have to request the driver to do it.

Since remote controls generally don't operate via BT, it is unlikely that there would be an App.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 14:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Since remote controls generally don't operate via BT, it is unlikely that there would be an App.
Thanks, ll try finding it out.

Remote can be had as a bluetooth app on a smartphone as I ve seen in a friend's car with his Sony 1 Din HU, I think they call it "App Remote".

Was wondering if we know the manufacturer's name who's making stock HU for indian Honda City (is it Caska?) we might find an smartphone app or an aftermarket IR remote.
Old 28th March 2014, 17:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... they call it "App Remote". ...
Yes, it is an App made by Sony, and it works *only with Sony HUs*. Even Pioneer Alpine and JVC Kenwood have their Apps - which work with *only their HUs*.

Quote:
... Was wondering if we know the manufacturer's name who's making stock HU for indian Honda City (is it Caska?) we might find an smartphone app or an aftermarket IR remote.
It is not Caska for sure. It is possibly an Alpine or a Pioneer. Your best bet to find out would be from the dealer himself - they will know the make of the OE HU.
Old 30th March 2014, 04:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
It is not Caska for sure. It is possibly an Alpine or a Pioneer. Your best bet to find out would be from the dealer himself - they will know the make of the OE HU.
Honda is using Mitsubishi Electric's Head units in Brio/Amaze and i'm pretty sure they are the ones supplying the HUs for the city as well.There is no mobile app for the same.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 09:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Honda is using Mitsubishi Electric's Head units in Brio/Amaze and i'm pretty sure they are the ones supplying the HUs for the city as well.There is no mobile app for the same.
Even 3rd gen Honda city had Mitsubishi. I had got this information through Honda customer care.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 12:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
If you can post a picture of the underside of the parcel shelf, it will help us visualize the problem of relocating the boot release wires and suggest a solution.
Here , this image is taken from Ravenavi's thread.

Attachment 1227087

Last edited by Rocketscience : 12th April 2014 at 12:40.
Old 14th April 2014, 12:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Here , this image is taken from Ravenavi's thread. ...
Hmmm. Even though it looks like a problem, a good installer will be able to mount the 6x9s with spacers, without the need to relocate the rods / cables. The spacers will lift up the speaker so that the magnet doesn't touch. You have to mount the speakers at the extreme ends, for example the left extreme part in your pic, and the corresponding part on the left.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 20:51   #28

Hi, I am looking to upgrade the front speakers of 4th gen city SV to components.
I wont be changing anything else in the setup so I am looking for the best bass possible from HU driven components. Please suggest which ones should I go for.
My budget is < 10k.
Old 18th August 2014, 18:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
Hi, I am looking to upgrade the front speakers of 4th gen city SV to components.
I wont be changing anything else in the setup so I am looking for the best bass possible from HU driven components. Please suggest which ones should I go for.
My budget is < 10k.
Difficult to suggest in this case, since one gets only a semblance of bass from 6.5" components - please don't expect too much. If you want decent bass, change the rear speakers to 6x9 coaxials. Yes, it should be possible to change both the fronts and rears in a budget of 10K. Listen to the speakers before buying. If you find prices more attractive online, even then first check out the speakers physically before ordering online.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 09:06   #30
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Guys need some suggestion for a basic ICE setup for my 2001 honda city vtec.

A 1DIN stereo(with usb, aux and cd), and a pair of speakers each for front and rear. Any ideas on the size of speaker which can fit in the space provided inside the front door panel?

Budget anywhere between 10k-15k, though would be happy to keep it below 10k.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks