Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 05:39   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
clip first you install it and let us know the result....

and how much wire did you bought for 1.5k I can get approx 10 meter wire....
aaahh just finished having a shower. installed the cable. still have to screw back everything in the morning. had to leave cause my dog was feeling hot and was crying to go indoors(he cant live without a/c. lol.) .

yes lbm you are right. the cable was for 1190 for 7 meters to be precise. rest i had to buy some insulation tapes wire cutter etc etc. so it came to around 1400+. my earlier wire 16mm^2 was for 700 bucks for 6 meters.

thanks sam. without your idea i woud have been still stuck on boss wires(world no 1). it gives so much satsfaction when you compare that silly boss cable with a good quality wire.

one question for you guru's. are the l&t, Finolex, Havells etc comparable to connection audison and the likes leaving aside the insulation? i dont think there would be any difference in the wires provided, they are of same gauge

also a friend of mine got a really thick cable for his ice install. it was orange in colour. on close inspection i found that the insulation was too thick and there were few wire strands. the specs printed on the insulation siad that the wire was rated for 600 amperes. is this possible> also it had changed its color. it was like rainbow effect lol. what would be the reason for the change in color

cheers
clip

duplicate post, sorry. mods please delete th e post no. 61.

Last edited by clipto333 : 8th June 2007 at 05:41.
Old 8th June 2007, 09:32   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
thanks sam. without your idea i woud have been still stuck on boss wires(world no 1). it gives so much satsfaction when you compare that silly boss cable with a good quality wire.

one question for you guru's. are the l&t, Finolex, Havells etc comparable to connection audison and the likes leaving aside the insulation? i dont think there would be any difference in the wires provided, they are of same gauge
You are welcome. I would trust L&T's specifications over Boss specifications anyday.

Leaving aside the flexibility and quality of insulation, i find no difference in the POWER cabling of a good ISI brand of multi strand wire (Indian) versus any power kit made anywhere in the world. Provided the cross sectional area is the same.

I DO find a difference, both in the line level RCA cables and in the speaker cables.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would not compare both of them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You are welcome. I would trust L&T's specifications over Boss specifications anyday.

Leaving aside the flexibility and quality of insulation, i find no difference in the POWER cabling of a good ISI brand of multi strand wire (Indian) versus any power kit made anywhere in the world. Provided the cross sectional area is the same.

I DO find a difference, both in the line level RCA cables and in the speaker cables.

I agree with Sam Bhai here get finolex or L&T for the power and invest a little on the speaker and RCA....
Old 8th June 2007, 11:58   #64
Team-BHP Support

Don't the speakers come with wires?
So if you are fitting AMP+HU+Speakers you need to get
1. Finolex/L&T wire 25mm cross-sectional
2. RCA
Right?
Old 8th June 2007, 12:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I would not compare both of them....

I agree with Sam Bhai here get finolex or L&T for the power and invest a little on the speaker and RCA....
hi

why cant you compare them :-)
ya i also agree with sam. the power cable now is l&t. speaker wires are audison(the basic ones) RCA cables are....mmmm...BOSS.lol will have to change it when i go to new york....ooopss...new delhi.

cheers
clip
Old 8th June 2007, 14:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi

why cant you compare them :-)
Because it is start a flame war which I dont like to start.....
Old 8th June 2007, 16:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Because it is start a flame war which I dont like to start.....
flame war?? kyon bhai? cant we compare two products peacefully? thats bad.

about the cable i installed it has made a noticable difference in the output. the deeper bass is little more well defined with a small increase in o/p. overall its a bit more punchier than earlier. the dimming of light has also been reduced and i dont think it can get better than this. so now my amp is running at full potential. its great and i must say its worth every penny. ill click some pics of the three different cables i.e. boss, l&t 16mm^2, l&t 25mm^2 and post it when i have my camera wit me(it with my wife and she's in chandigarh).

cheers
clip
Old 8th June 2007, 17:26   #68
Team-BHP Support

Power cabling kits are designed because
a) the market demands it
b) it gives people who dont have time time/inclination to DIY a cable a ready solution especially in multi-amp installtions with a distribution block, fuses, etc...
c) there is an old addage...

If at an Audio show you see someone drive up in a SEAT/Toyota etc... they must be a equipment manufacturer, if he/she drives a Bentley or Porsche he/she must be a cable manufacturer (exceptions: Last time I met each of them Richard Vandersteen drove a Jag (1980s) and Dave Wilson drive a Ferrari (early this century) ).
Old 8th September 2007, 08:34   #69
BHPian

good information buddies . especially sam for the pics and mathematical explaination .
thanks

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 8th September 2007 at 08:35.
Old 5th October 2007, 03:12   #70
BHPian

Fuse rating calculations.

Sorry for Hijacking the thread:-
How can one calculate the fuse ratings for a particular amout of loadpower cable will carry?
Is it advisable to go for distribution block for power or two sperate power cable can do...
Is it mandatory to have distribution block for grounding too....
Old 5th October 2007, 10:20   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Sorry for Hijacking the thread:-
How can one calculate the fuse ratings for a particular amout of loadpower cable will carry?.
Simple. Take the power rating of each amplifier. Say you have 2 amplifiers of 200W each. Total 400W
Now P=voltageXcurrent.

400 = 12 X ?
? = 400/12 = 33.33 A

Add a little to that for good measure and you can use a 50A fuse normally OR a 40A fuse if you want to be extra safe.

I hope that was simple.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Simple. Take the power rating of each amplifier. Say you have 2 amplifiers of 200W each. Total 400W
Now P=voltageXcurrent.

400 = 12 X ?
? = 400/12 = 33.33 A

Add a little to that for good measure and you can use a 50A fuse normally OR a 40A fuse if you want to be extra safe.

I hope that was simple.
Sam Bhai one more simple method. Add the total sum of the fuses on the amps.

For eg if the one amp is having 25+25 amps fuses and the second amp is having 25 amp fuse then put a 75 amps fuse.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Now P=voltageXcurrent.

400 = 12 X ?
? = 400/12 = 33.33 A

I hope that was simple.
One small confusion in this methd:-
Do we need to consider voltage at 12v or 13.8v or 14.4 v

should one take some headroom while arriving the above figure for the sake of saftey
Old 5th October 2007, 13:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

consider it to have at 12 volts.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:59   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
should one take some headroom while arriving the above figure for the sake of saftey
I would be safest to take the lowest voltage figure, not the highest.

Remember, as the voltage increases, the current required will reduce.

Most Viewed