Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 16:45   #1
BANNED

New Brands in market. How do they stand?

Hi Gurus,

If you've read the latest issues of Autocar, Topgear, Car etc.. (Indian editions) then you may have come across some brands being presented to indian market. These are indeed some of the respected brands across the world. Reputed names include JL audio, Ultimate etc.. And some not much heard brands like Tsunami cables and interconnects (Marketed by SSPL from Bangalore), Berjiz Speakers (marketed by some agency from Goa) etc..

Although most of us have seen JL audio in NFS underground, have'nt yet come face to face in real life.
And we've seen Tsunami sold as a cheaper alternative to MonsterCables, and not heard anything more of these.

A quick search in google threw up very much mixed responses from different parts of the world. Was'nt really satisfied. And as we Team-BHPians (well most of us) read these magazines, I was curious most of novices in car audio will be yearning to know more about these brands.

So, here is it Gurus!
Please shed some light on these brands. Where do these brands stand? How do they perform? Experiences of these? Strengths? Weaknesses?
And last but not least, How reliable are these?

Note: Bangalore T-BHPians can check the SSPL office located somewhere opposite BRIGADE TOWERS, BRIGADE ROAD, BANGALORE. Do give us some updates of the same.

Mods! Am i doing something wrong here? I am a bit curious asking something like this.
Old 14th July 2006, 16:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

All brands are good. Some better some worse.

JL audio is a well respected brand. Tsunami cables are preyty decent VFM.

Ultimate is a no-brand, if you understand what i mean

This thread will be closed soon, i think. Brand based threads have always been meaningless and controversial.
Old 14th July 2006, 17:01   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
This thread will be closed soon, i think. Brand based threads have always been meaningless and controversial.
Thanks Sam.

Exactly that's the reason to be curious about the thread here.

Most Viewed