Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2006, 23:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

hellloooooooooooo

I been gone a couple of hours ppl are at each others throat!!

THIS is exactly what I was worried about!!

The man has spoken.... like B&T said - 80amps it is for me! ...
Old 22nd July 2006, 02:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
I donīt want to give any explainations here. All I want to say is that since last two years I am running full McIntosh system demanding 150A current by using 100A ANL fuse.
JB man dont mind but I wanna ask other experts on this form can we run a system like this -> 150A demand being completely handled by a 100A fuse..

Then people do u remember i had also install a fuse which was rated 80A and it was connected to the amps which consumes nearly 100 A so why did my fuse melted not JB's...........lol
Old 22nd July 2006, 02:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yaaawnnn.... guys I just got home, took a nice crapper, logged in... and..... Hahahahahhahhahahha....

LBM beta... so jaao... kal tumhe school jaana... accha accha pata hai mujhe kal Saturday hai, but tumhare jaise bacchon ke liye hi toh special classes hoti hain na... Chalo abh google uncle ko goodnight bolo, aur ab cameraphone uncle ko bhi bolo... haaan... aise... inko bhi to kabhi araam chahiye beta... chalo abh jao...
Old 22nd July 2006, 10:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Good morning people wake up its the time to disco.. discuss some ICE baba wake up or u all people will be late to class.........B&T Sam Navin wru......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 22nd July 2006 at 10:18.
Old 22nd July 2006, 11:08   #50
BHPian

Damn ....gunbir paajee....i clicked on ur signature........itnee mat utaaro kisee kee........BAGHVAAN SAB KUCH DEKH RAHA HAI....
Old 22nd July 2006, 13:21   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm here. Watching nonsense posts.

A complete question warrants a complete answer.

Now, as far as the problem is concerned,
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I cannot post comment about the car and the install and the some thing realted to that because it has been warned by the mods to not to do so ..
As usual, i am going to be forward and speak for the moderator qualified to make such warnings here, my old man Navin.

Let me do this on behalf of Navin: Navin, please feel free to rebuke me if you need to.
If you want an answer to your problem - please give us the complete details. We are not interested to know who's car it is, where it is parked, who is the installer, distributor, uncle, aunty nothing.
We want to know the list of equipment to start off with. The entire kit list. Amps, caps, wiring kits, fuses, speakers, HU etc etc, which car, what make, what battery, type of install etc etc etc

If this a genuine question and a problem, we will all put our heads together and find a solution. Because that is what we are here for.

If this is some sort of politics involved, or if you are trying to make someone look bad or stupid, dont. We are all busy people have have no time for that.
Baaki i'll tell you one thing and from what you know of me, i'm gonna be clear and frank. I like your enthusiasm, but to many it can be very annoying and I am beginning to see why.

We all have access to google and can read EVERYTHING on the net you can. A lot of people here have a lot of hands on experience in ICE.
You will HAVE to admit that they know more than you.

Don't make ripples when none are required man, nobody likes a trouble maker.

And don't feel offended, I still like you, but stop this cloak and dagger.
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
If you want an answer to your problem - please give us the complete details. We are not interested to know who's car it is, where it is parked, who is the installer, distributor, uncle, aunty nothing.
We want to know the list of equipment to start off with. The entire kit list. Amps, caps, wiring kits, fuses, speakers, HU etc etc, which car, what make, what battery, type of install etc etc etc.
Do it LBM ... This is excatly what I (we) was asking all along...

Last edited by kb100 : 22nd July 2006 at 15:33.
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:36   #53
BANNED

To everything what sam said. (Including I still like you part).

I wanted to say this from the day this thread was posted but was swimming deep for some nice words to push it out. Now Sam has done it. And that's the solution it seems.

Till then Bye!
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't make ripples when none are required man, nobody likes a trouble maker.
Why me..why poor ol' me!?! I thought you guys had gotten over it! Just when LBM had patched up with his guy, you have to go out and do this?!?

Old 22nd July 2006, 17:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All I want to say is that since last two years I am running full McIntosh system demanding 150A current by using 100A ANL fuse. Till date I have not replaced that fuse.
B&T can u comment a little on this......
Old 22nd July 2006, 17:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All I want to say is that since last two years I am running full McIntosh system demanding 150A current by using 100A ANL fuse. Till date I have not replaced that fuse
Quote:
B&T can u comment a little on this......
What can I comment on sir? Is there anything to be commented about there? Should I now ask him to replace his fuse, since he hasn't till date? Do you want me to say that the Macintosh in question does not really demand 150A? Or do you want me to say that it's all a big joke when they say the fuse is 100A, it easily handles more than twice that much current?

What people can say and get away with however has to be.. that amp or fuse must be "Audioshyt" or something! And if you so desire, I'll say that too. Because that, for sure, isn't going to stir up a controversy on this fine Saturday evening.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 22nd July 2006 at 17:32.
Old 22nd July 2006, 19:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys I had a word with a very decent person. I explained him of the complete situauton. So this is how it goes.

One more thing I am not assulting any one, nor any company or any thing It can be said as a plea, please clearlfy my doubt and i will be highly obliged.

There is a system with the following setup:-

1) Alpine HU with sound processor
2) two mono amps 900 x 1 at 1 ohms
3) one 4 channel amps 65 x 4 at 4 ohms
4) two 15 inch subs wired at 1 ohms to get max from the amps
5) two componet kits one in the front and one in the back
6) O-gauge wire from the battery to the boot(might be more but I think it is o-gauge)
7) distibution block in the boot to distribute power wires
8) two 1.3 farad capacitor
9) stock battery and stock alternater.
10) good damping ( nothing vibrartes in the car)

I think this is the complete list which cost to nearly 3.5 to 4 lacs. with this amount of money one can surely make a perfect system what say guys tell me If i am wrong.

Now after this perfect install the end user must play it loud enough to impress his friends. Ok any ways when He increases the volume the voltage dip to nice 9.4 level . Now the question arises after spending nearly 4 lac rupes the system still no perfect. Did not the installer must have said for a alternater upgrade or a second battery upgrade or atleast a performance battery yaar. Right now the owner does not know a thing about this. But if comes to know that after spending 4 lacs on a ice and still there is a problem in it he surely will eat the brains out of the installer.

Ok now enough of the story now finally should the installer must suggest a battery or alternater upgrade or he must play the system with taking full juices from the car charging system.

Now people I think u must have a clear picture of the install or u want to post some pics of it....and also i have not disclosed any brand here because I dont want to start a fight here. But that can be declared if wanted.......
Old 22nd July 2006, 19:34   #58
BHPian

B&T,

If you have not read properly, for your limited information I would like to tell you that the fuse is working fine since last two years, car does nearly 100 Km everyday with music playing at good volume all the time.

Now tell me why the hell should I change the fuse to 150A.

The power cables, distribution block, fuse is all by JL Audio. The fuse is ANL Type 100A.

In the car I am talking about here there is nothing equivalent to "Audioshyte". JL Audio cabling and power accessories were the cheapest equipment to go in car.

Last edited by Autophile : 22nd July 2006 at 19:48.
Old 22nd July 2006, 20:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now people I think u must have a clear picture of the install or u want to post some pics of it....and also i have not disclosed any brand here because I dont want to start a fight here. But that can be declared if wanted.......
LBM, cut the bullcrap... this cowardly cloak and dagger routine may suit you well, but I find it irritating at best.

Folks, this car is the same red Skoda that TBHPians saw and heard at the meet some time back. Sam has also seen and heard this car. Needless to say, you all have heard the car at full volume and there were no voltage dips, distortion, clipping etc. Car is since in the owners possession, who is completely satisfied with it, and has a planned upgrade path too.

Now enter Mr LBM, who has some agenda unknown to us, which to the best of my knowledge is to outdo us (for whatever bloody reason) and be known as the MAHAguru of ICE . So, you all probably know how he literally 'stalked' the owner of the car, was turned down, then got someone who knew the owner to get him to get a listen in the car. Ok theek hai...

Now Mr LBM has again gone into his "back with a bang" mode and again gone to the customer's place. This time he went there with some people that the owner respects a lot and again, as much as he wanted to...the owner could not deny LBM access to the car...

The owner of the car has a back problem and doesnt move around much nowadays. According to him, LBM had the car to himself and he has no clue how LBM ran the system to get those voltages on the meters, since the owner has never managed to do that yet. The system has a powerful H701 processor that has loads of processing, EQ capabilities. The owner did not know that LBM had played the system so loud and moreover he does not know what EQ settings were done or whether the engine was running while the system was run by LBM at these high volumes. Now with the engine not running, and the bass eqs turned up, getting a 2000w system to clock 9v figures isnt difficult. Needless to say, the owner will now think twice before letting LBM anywhere near his car.

Now the question is... LBM, is your own life so pathetic and boring you have the time to hunt down people. Then you go to their homes with multimeter and camera in hand, ready to 'create' evidences of problems and issues that never exist in the first place.

LBM, is this your... "back with a bang.... beware" attempt... Frankly it is a pathetic attempt... as pathetic as "panafax" or maybe a bit more... Go back and think of something better man... and while you're at it, get a life... I honestly pity your pathetic existance... God help you find some clarity and direction in life.

Lastly, if you have it in for us... be open about it... be a man!! have the ***** to say you hate us... and every living minute of your pathetic day is spent dreaming of schemes to 'outdo' us (as if there is a competition)...

Folks, the owner of the car is happy with his car... he is an educated person (as opposed to just literate like LBM) and knows how to run his system. There is no issue with the car or the install... However, the real issue here is of LBMs psycho-demented-obsessive-behaviour-syndrome...

We come to this forum to discuss ICE... we have no personal vendettas or agendas... But these regular attacks on us leave a bad taste in the mouth and frankly... we're sick and tired of this... Its time others spoke up about this BS...
Old 22nd July 2006, 20:35   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

I now know which car we are talking about. I really don't understand the secrecy and the big "don't tell anyone what car it is" business.
Anyways, due to various reasons (doesn't matter what they are), LBM is not "allowed" to mention what car it is.
I am. I've posted pictures of this car. I have heard it and sat in it and judged it. So i believe I am in a very good position to comment on the original question: Is there anything wrong with this install.

First. let me show you the original pictures i had posted. This will help everyone know what car we are talking about.

As you can see from my original posts, I was pretty impressed with the car.
See? From the original 4000+ guru thread
Quote:
It sounded really nice. Not some pretentious setup. It attacked my gut and sounded fantastic to my ears. Sam khush hua.
Navin, B&T etc have not heard this car. I have, ergo my opinion in this case (even though it is just mine) is more educated.
Now that we are clear about what car it is, here is my take on this whole issue.

This car has a lot of equipment. It was designed to satisfy the SPL hunger of the person that wanted the system.
It was installed properly by the dealer, under the supervision of the importers/distributors. They took a personal interest in this car, because they had the time, they were at the location and they had great interest in the way the products sounded, not only because they love audio and it is the brand they represent.

Anyways, I sat in this car and it was played loud for me. I believe at about 80% of its capability. Of course i didnt get out running to open the hatch, to see the capacitor votage, but of course, if the voltage had to drop to 9, i would have heard it very clearly. You can hear the bass note collapse when the juice isn't enough.
I also know that a system like that will run fine in a running car. I've seen SPL systems, and designed some myself. Even the 148dB SPL eyeballer was able to operate with the car running.
I heard this install and here's the answer to the title of your thread. I found nothing wrong with it.

I don't know at what level you ran the system for it to have dropped to this level. My guess is either it was turned up to a ridiculous level (I guess the amps were strong enough to take the abuse). or more probably, the car was not running.

Now here are my points

1) This car is not yours. The owner of the car has pretty much got what he wanted and he is happy. If he is unhappy, and he comes here to tell us what he thinks is missing in his sound, we will all scratch our heads collectively and sort it out. If he is happy then this thread has been a waste of TBHP server space.

2) This is not about JB. You don't like him thats your opinion. Arrey,even I don't like JB yaar... the man doesnt drink any alcohol. He is a kalank to the dilli ki punjabi jaat. Laanat on him.
However, I think he knows his stuff and loves all car audio and has worked his hands full of grease and wires on ICE. If as you say, he installed the car himself, I think he should be more worried than you about the way it sounds. Because its the reputation of HIS work and the brands he represents. So it's his naak that will get kataoed, not yours. Have you stopped to consider that?

3) There is no right and wrong in audio. There are choices, ways and methods. You yourself know people that install 6 TS20 and 2 woofers in their car and they are happy. It's a personal choice. You are proud of your car and the way it sounds. I am sure there are people that think your car sounds like crap. So? What are you going to do? Make everyones opinion match yours? It's not possible. What will you do if another mad person like you sits in your car and tells you that you have wasted your money, your system is wierd, these are the technical faults etc etc?
Now imagine if another person posts pictures of your system and asks people to point out faults. Especially if you cant find anything wrong with your sound, imagine how silly that situation will be.
You say, that guy doesnt know anything about sound. In all fairness, and i mean no offense here, my brother, you neither have the qualification, nor the experience to comment on somebody elses audio ignorance.. Leave it. To each his own choice and taste, that is lesson number one.

4) I think you are crazyand mad/mad/mad about sound, and i say, more power to you. Do what makes you happy. Stop this business of finding faults in other people's systems. There are faults in every system of the world. EVERY system in this whole bloody world.

Now to use my toolish -

Chill out bro....enjoy the ride....life is soopa.....big boom...stop annoying the bros for no reason.... hope that helped....

I will now makke a low_bassy sound to indicate my love for my brethren. BOOOOM!!

This said, I think it's time this thread was closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed