Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2006, 16:04   #1
BHPian

Alternator Rating of Hyundai Accent

Hi All,
I own a Hyundai Accent CRDi 2004 model. I would like to know alternator rating of this car. Right now I own a Sony 4 channel amp and JBL CS300.1. I am planning to buy another amp for my rear speakers (2 or 4 channel.... if 4... then use them in bridged mode...) and biamp the current 4 channel to the front speakers....
So my question.... would my car be able to handle it?.... (3 amps)... should i change / look for more powerful alt?.. right now.. when i pump the volume at idle... there is a slight dimming in the headlights (not a very noticable one though... but very very slight)... or should caps be sufficient?

Regards,
ant.
Old 27th July 2006, 17:27   #2
BHPian

Dimming of lights.... a capacitor would solve it.

You say that you have a 4 channel amp and a JBL CS300.1 (mono?). Why do you need another 2/4 channel amp?
Old 27th July 2006, 17:28   #3
BHPian

Plz give the detail of your setup, so that we can help you better
Old 27th July 2006, 17:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

YOu need anotehr 2/4 channel just for your rear speakers?

WHy dont you get a more powerful 4 channel amp la the GTO75.4? or similar ones? Pio 944 maybe.

3 amps! and tehn wiring for those, space for amp! why the mess?
Old 28th July 2006, 12:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
Hi All,
I own a Hyundai Accent CRDi 2004 model. I would like to know alternator rating of this car. Right now I own a Sony 4 channel amp and JBL CS300.1. I am planning to buy another amp for my rear speakers (2 or 4 channel.... if 4... then use them in bridged mode...) and biamp the current 4 channel to the front speakers....
So my question.... would my car be able to handle it?.... (3 amps)... should i change / look for more powerful alt?.. right now.. when i pump the volume at idle... there is a slight dimming in the headlights (not a very noticable one though... but very very slight)... or should caps be sufficient?

Regards,
ant.
Change your power cables. The Big 3 they are called. If you still have a problem get back to us.
Old 28th July 2006, 15:28   #6
BHPian

This is my set up....
Pioneer HU...
Connected to Sony 4 channel Amp... and JBL mono 300.1
From the Sony Amp .... To rear 6x9 and front seperates...
From JBL amp to JBL 1204D sub.....

My Idea is to BIAMP my front channel... so it gives me a better sound stage at front....(I know... I know... having a 6x9 at rear would not give a good sound stage.... But then I dont have money at one go upgrade my entire system.... so i am doing stage by stage....)...

SO for the first step in building my dream system is to BI AMP my front channel.... for this I am thinking of using my existing Sony AMP... So my existing rear fill would have to driven by someother amp....(so here comes my next amp...I havent decided to go for a 2 channel or 4 channel....... most probably only 2 channel)
The second step:
Then replace my existing 6x9 with some Mid bass drivers.... (By the way can you guys suggest some good Mid bass drivers "available" in India?)....
The last:
And last replace my JBL 300.1 with some stronger AMP and Add one more subwoofer.. --> This part is still a dream....

And for the orginal Question?....
Would Accent CRDi be able to handle all 3 amps?... What is its alternator rating?....

thanks and regards,
Ant.
Old 29th July 2006, 20:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt recommend bi-amping with a Sony amp. Bi Amp makes most sense if you were using dedicated amps with good sound quality for the frequency range that they are to drive. The Sony amp is average in all respects. Secondly, biamping will be possible if your current crossover allows it, and has bi-amp inputs. If not, then you will have to use an active crossover for the bi-amping. In any case, I'd think you'd be better off using the Sony amp also in bridged mode, and let the passive crossover decide what and how much to send to which driver.

As for the amps you describe, the CRDI alternator should mostly suffice.
Old 31st July 2006, 11:05   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
This is my set up....
Pioneer HU...
Connected to Sony 4 channel Amp... and JBL mono 300.1
From the Sony Amp .... To rear 6x9 and front seperates...
From JBL amp to JBL 1204D sub.....
Leave this system alone till you can afford a good amp for the front speakers. I would consider something on the lines of the older Alpines 240/340/345 or Blau Velocity etc... the sony can be bridged to drive the rears.

As far as the sub are concerned you'd have to upgrade to something like the JBL 601.1 to drive 2 subs as well as you do now.
Old 31st July 2006, 14:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

anToNIcHeN u have asked about the alternater but have u ever check how much voltage drop do u have. U have said that there is a little dimmin in the light. so If u please measure and tell what is the really situation is......

Most Viewed