Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2006, 17:58   #1
BHPian

advice me AI NET

Sam, I hope you read this soon. You will surely know the Alpine that comes as stock with Honda (Old Honda City). What I got when I got this OHC VTEC is a perfectly working Alpine cass player and Radio receiver. Looks quite good, I'm not after those flashy one.s

But the porblems is do I have to buy a AI-NET compatible Alpine CD Shuttle only? Dont I have any other option in case I dont want to use a HU type of CD player.

I love a variety of songs and I prefer having a shuttle that will feed me endlessly on long journeys.

Please advice.

Anto
Old 28th July 2006, 11:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Anto,

Yeah you are right, the OHC alpine HU is pretty alright. I do believe it is an AI-Net HU and therefore you will have to buy an AI-Net CD changer. (Not cheap!)
Since you prefer having a CD shuttle, this seems to be your best option. There are a few models, 6 CD/mp3 is what i USED to have before my girlfriend busted it (rainwater) and that's the one I'd suggest to you. I think it's about 13/14 K, I could be wrong.

The only other option (cheaper) is to get a CD/MP3 HU, but no shuttle.
Old 28th July 2006, 11:35   #3
BHPian

Hey Sam and Anto,

I was taken by surprise on this topic.. I own a OHC Vtec with the same stock Alpine HU with 12 CD changer in the trunk installed.. the following are my concerns..

1. It heats up after some time..
2. Cant tune more than 2 FM channels and only one AM channel
3. CD changer plays normal ACD, only few songs.. so want to change to Mp3/cd
4. can i somehow plug/install Mp3 player (small thumb drive kindof unit to 12 cd changer unit)

Kindly advise

Also can u tell me what is my Alpine model (the stock HU i mean)

Much obliged
Old 28th July 2006, 11:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire
1. It heats up after some time..
2. Cant tune more than 2 FM channels and only one AM channel
3. CD changer plays normal ACD, only few songs.. so want to change to Mp3/cd
4. can i somehow plug/install Mp3 player (small thumb drive kindof unit to 12 cd changer unit)
1. The HU heats up or the CDC? HU's do tend to heat up, it's not abnormal. Even CDC's can get warm over some time. As long as it's not alarmingly hot and plays fine, all,s well.
2. I think you are wrong there. Your alpine can store upto 6 channels on 2 seperate FM bands. And 6 channels on one AM band. Read/Download the manual.
3. The model you have does not support MP3. As you rightly said, you will have to change to a higher model.
4. No, sorry, not in this unit. Some better alpine HU's have an Aux-in and you may be able to connect an mp3 player there.
Old 28th July 2006, 12:05   #5
BHPian

Hey Sam!! That was a real quick reply.. Thanks

I think CDC means CD changer.. (not good with Abbr). I was mentioning about the HU (fixed on the dash) yes it get warmer after playing for long.. my CD changer is in the trunk (never felt it anyday)

Secondly, will browse thru the manual.. by the way do u know what model i may be having.

what is the higher model and will it support a portable DVD player with a screen??

Sorry, Sam I am asking too many questions..

anyway cheers and thanks!!
Old 29th July 2006, 16:34   #6
BHPian

Sam!! thanks a lot for that quick reply. I hadnt checked this site for 2 days. No time until Saturday.

well, then I will have to look for a Alpine CD shuttle at that cost or may be get a HU that can play MP3 also. Only that I'm too concerned about making my dashboard looking like a XMas tree.

Will look around and find something.

Time has become such a constraint in life, I wish I had a car while at college :( I really envy those who have a car and the time to spruce up every bolt n nut.
Old 29th July 2006, 17:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars
well, then I will have to look for a Alpine CD shuttle at that cost or may be get a HU that can play MP3 also. Only that I'm too concerned about making my dashboard looking like a XMas tree.

Will look around and find something.

Time has become such a constraint in life, I wish I had a car while at college :( I really envy those who have a car and the time to spruce up every bolt n nut.
Why don't you look for a new Alpine MP3 head unit itself. The cost of a decent one would be around 13-14k and given their relatively simplistic designs your dash would certainly not look like a X-Mas tree!!
Old 29th July 2006, 19:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Why don't you look for a new Alpine MP3 head unit itself. The cost of a decent one would be around 13-14k and given their relatively simplistic designs your dash would certainly not look like a X-Mas tree!!
at 8k you get the cheapest alpine mp3 Hu right?
Old 30th July 2006, 01:05   #9
BANNED

Yes sir! 8,990/- to be exact. But that wont give you a remote nor 3 pre-outs. Just a good basic Mp3 player is what it is. Build quality is simply the great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks