Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2006, 12:30   #91
BHPian

Also jkd i notice you recommended the GTO amp for the sub instead of CS series.. is it so much better than the CS series ??
Old 6th August 2006, 12:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
Also jkd i notice you recommended the GTO amp for the sub instead of CS series.. is it so much better than the CS series ??
1) more powerful
2) better tech in it and hence better quality

CS are VFM. I am not good at Infinity pricing. Check the site I gave. I havent heard Infinity and would haev bought it but was short of $$$. Your choice of Infinity looks good.

Whatver you get, do get it done frm a good installer and use good RCA cables and sort.
Old 6th August 2006, 13:12   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
I'm not sure how the damping is done
first what is damping ?

when a sound system mainly the subs are installed in a car the door rattles the boot rattles to reduce this rattle and extra noise comning out of the vehicle . to reduce and elminte this rattle we damp the car...

here is a link of a international company who make damping products....

http://www.dynamat.com/faqs_faqs.html

hope this help.....
Old 6th August 2006, 13:33   #94
BHPian

While we are on damping.. who does the damping... is it done by the ICE installer or do we have to take the vehicle to a special dealer or something like that.
Old 6th August 2006, 13:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While we are on damping.. who does the damping... is it done by the ICE installer or do we have to take the vehicle to a special dealer or something like that.
installer dude, he will recommend it if he is a good one. lbm can help you too
Old 6th August 2006, 13:47   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
installer dude, he will recommend it if he is a good one. lbm can help you too
not always JK.....when i got my my system istalled,i did install dynamat extreme myself as my installer had never seen/heard about it before.

Luckily Dy.Extreme was very-2 easy to install and i used my palm instaed of roller.Infact i also thought about using 'belan'[chapati roller] but it was too big for door panels's obstructions.
Old 6th August 2006, 14:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

one can try and use that rubber thingy that the sunfilm guys use too I guess... except the access bit of course..
Old 6th August 2006, 15:39   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yes all the ways can be used it is up to the person who`s car it is .last night I worked till 4 am in the morning to install the iridium.....

jk i would not be of such help as i myself is going for damping and unsure which product to use. so till i have done by my install i am silent till ..... but B&T has given good cheap stuff to go in for damping.....
Old 6th August 2006, 17:44   #99
BHPian

hey cant i replace the Subwoofer and Amp with an Infinity BassLink. ?? how expensive is that ??
Old 6th August 2006, 20:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
hey cant i replace the Subwoofer and Amp with an Infinity BassLink. ?? how expensive is that ??
why not,it all depends on ur budget,availability and ur passion for music.

Have a look at this.....
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hEtfJxq...k&i=700BASS4CH

BTW,is this a better option [for better SQ] than amp+subw or it is just a space saving alternative like amplified tubes.???

@kb1000000-------- Whats the latest news man,abt ur dream ICW set-up????
Old 6th August 2006, 21:30   #101
BHPian

I am working on the assumption that AMP and Woofer as separate units will be more expensive than a Infinity Basslink and the second thing being that the basslinks driver and amplifier will be better tuned to each other.

Hey is Basslink II available in India ?

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 6th August 2006 at 21:44.
Old 6th August 2006, 23:05   #102
Senior - BHPian

jinu sahib i would say that first listen to the stuff which ur going to install in ur car. secondly the basslink II is having a 250 watts rms amp for the sub. and the sub is 10 inch square and with passive radiator on the other side. this setup would not be loud enough to please u when compared with a separate amp and sub combination....so do listen before going in this setup also compare the cost also.....
Old 6th August 2006, 23:15   #103
BHPian

LBT.. I intend to.. but I need to get my demo list also finalized.. Currently these are on my to be heard and then decided list:

1. Difference between Infinity Kappa and JBL GTO comps.. Is it really worth twice the price.
2. Difference between Amp and Sub as separate units versus Infinifty Basslink II.
3. With replace 2 way coax with 3 way Coax powered by an amp and see if the sub can be avoided completely.
Old 6th August 2006, 23:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBT..
1. Difference between Infinity Kappa and JBL GTO comps.. Is it really worth twice the price.
2. Difference between Amp and Sub as separate units versus Infinifty Basslink II.
3. With replace 2 way coax with 3 way Coax powered by an amp and see if the sub can be avoided completely.
this is million dollar question it all depends on ur pocket and ears. I would recommend both of them. because when I got addicted to ICE 15-20 years back i used a 80 rupees local woofer and put it inside a plastic bucket played through a hand made amp based on a TDA4440 ic which costed 250 bucks and used a philips discman to play it and I really enjoyed it a lots but now i have nearly 400k worth of equipment in my car and still not satisfied.....

u will hear the diff when u will hear a amp & sub setup

sub cannot be avoided in any condition if u want a low end touch in ur setup rest the decision is ur as it is ur money ....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 6th August 2006 at 23:43.
Old 7th August 2006, 00:02   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
because when I got addicted to ICE 15-20 years back i used a 80 rupees local woofer and put it inside a plastic bucket played through a hand made amp based on a TDA4440 ic which costed 250 bucks and used a philips discman to play it and I really enjoyed it a lots but now i have nearly 400k worth of equipment in my car and still not satisfied.....

u will hear the diff when u will hear a amp & sub setup

sub cannot be avoided in any condition if u want a low end touch in ur setup rest the decision is ur as it is ur money ....
Wow LBM.. that is a school project kind of setup.. you must have been really proud of it... actually you still must be.. well anyways planning to go for the demo next weekend... the rains ruined my plan this weekend

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks