Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 12:47   #16
Team-BHP Support

I see adverts for DishTV etc... so a tuner in the car might make sense early 2008 or so. Esteemlover was probably ahead of the curve. Esteem, remember they laughed at Newton and Galelio too! ;-)
Old 2nd August 2006, 12:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Yeah, I dont think you guys responded well to a perfectly valid query. It is entirely his wish if he wants to watch DD or whatever. If your answer can help him in any way, do so, or else keep your silence...

I for one do wish I could have some Sat TV on the move. Waiting for the time this comes to India. I have heard/read the Zee is cooking up something based on DTH.
at last, there is one person in this forum who has understood my question... it is the desparation of the situation that there is no likelihood of sat tv in a car, that i was weighing the options of watching cricket in india which would be telecast by DD (By hook or crook) & as also i travel a lot in my car, it made some sense, if that was affordable...Zee's website does say that mobile dish is slated to come, but dishtv, from my experiences cannot be trusted with a paise.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Now I will make all of you bad boys feel VERY bad. VERYYY bad for laughing at esteem_lover.
It was his birthday yesterday, on the 1st.
yeah & i had a blast, while u guys were taking potshots at me..lol
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
oh ho I am sorry estem lover I apogise for what i have said andways belated happy birthday.......
oh! thanks lbm, ir, b&t, nice to get wished by so many... now u make me go pink...come on guys....one thing is for sure, i will be watching Door ka darshan at home & in car (If feasible, which is why this thread was started in the first place) whether u guys like it or not...u know why, cos chennai is suffering from the maladie called CAS & if u want ESPN or STAR or anything good, u gotto pay 5k upfront & 650 pm.

i have opted the dishtv DTH way, only to know that they are cheats....

therefore, if it is cricket in india/pakistan, & u r in chennai, DD is your best bet. of course u might not get to see the winning runs or the final wicket, but u will see quite a lot of "good" commercials & some good cricket in between. lol

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd August 2006 at 13:09.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I see adverts for DishTV etc... so a tuner in the car might
make sense early 2008 or so. Esteemlover was probably ahead of the curve. Esteem, remember they laughed at Newton and Galelio too! ;-)
yeah, navin, thanks buddy for appreciating inventive thinking (lol)

Old 2nd August 2006, 13:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

yeh man u would directly asked the ques in the first time so this thread would not have gone in that direction..........

I have heard eariler that the necvox is also has a tuner thing check out thou.......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 2nd August 2006 at 13:16.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:32   #22
BHPian

Hey esteem lover, Belated happy birthday

I tried getting a TV Tuner (Enter) - very basic model with remote control, but it needs a cable TV cable to work; you wont be able to catch any cable tv channels otherwise. the cost was 1,500/-.

However, the reception was very unclear and i returned the piece to the vendor.
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:15   #23
BHPian

There are a few countries where television is telecasted in FM freqency. I have no idea when this will come to india.

One of my friend had tv antena and receiver in his amby with a small b/w tv. It was much of a show off thing than serving actual puropse. The antena did not look odd for amby but will surely look bad in this new gen cars.

Now as the technology has improved it should have shrunk. Worth a try considering the cricket worldcup in sights.
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Hey esteem lover, Belated happy birthday

I tried getting a TV Tuner (Enter) - very basic model with remote control, but it needs a cable TV cable to work; you wont be able to catch any cable tv channels otherwise. the cost was 1,500/-.

However, the reception was very unclear and i returned the piece to the vendor.
hi wheeliej,
thanks for the wishes.

I wonder if that tuner is still available, can u please let me know if it is...

cheers

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd August 2006 at 14:23. Reason: Including some text
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
hi wheeliej,
thanks for the wishes.

I wonder if that tuner is still available, can u please let me know if it is...

cheers
I hope what wheeliej mentioned was a seperate tuning box which has a remote and gives output to a computer monitor. You can get this in richie street.
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
yeh man u would directly asked the ques in the first time so this thread would not have gone in that direction..........

I have heard eariler that the necvox is also has a tuner thing check out thou.......
lbm,
yes, necvox has a lcd screen with tuner which can be installed in the roof, but i already have a 7" necvox which can be installed in the headrest or the dash...so i would like to know if there is a separate tuner that i can install to receive terrestrial signals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
It costs somewhere around 10k to 25k. And the best part is it'll let you watch only 1 channel in apna india. Unfortunately that channel makes people run very dhoooor and the darshan is very very out of this world. FM is better!
yes, like speed has said, the local dealer also says that it is more than 10k & can be sourced only if it is ordered.... i would like to know if there are cheaper options... i mean, why should a tv tuner be that expensive ???

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd August 2006 at 14:35.
Old 3rd August 2006, 00:30   #27
BANNED

Quote:
lbm,
yes, like speed has said, the local dealer also says that it is more than 10k & can be sourced only if it is ordered.... i would like to know if there are cheaper options... i mean, why should a tv tuner be that expensive ???
It is expensive for many reasons and one being that thingy is a rare commodity not used by many. Alpine tv tuner costs around 14k!
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
I hope what wheeliej mentioned was a seperate tuning box which has a remote and gives output to a computer monitor. You can get this in richie street.
i wonder if that could be used to provide inputs to the dash monitor !!!!
has anyone tried that yet???? and what sort of antenna do u suppose should be used ??
Old 6th August 2006, 12:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Pioneer has a TV tuner which i could not source locally, so does anyone have any idea about other brands & how much they cost and how good the reception of local DD channels are ???
Hello Esteem lover….I have got really good news for all who want to watch tv on the Go!!! Here is the quick list.
First:- Always on internet connection at home with good speed.
Second:- TV Tuner card with MPEG-2 Hardware decoder (for your PC)
Internet connection on your mobile phone GPRS or Reliance/Tata whatever is good in your area
Third:- Mobile phone (with http browsing) (preferably those that have realone player) or a laptop to watch a TV
If you have above all you can just register with www.orb.com and watch your TV live for free. You don’t need to pay DishTV or your cable operator extra bucks for that.
You can even watch movies stored on you computer’s hard disk back home.
What ever part of the world you are…you can watch it instantly and free. You can even change channels record shows and play recorded shows.
It works like this:-
Live feed from your cable to your TV Tuner
ORB Software picks up live feed from your TV tuner
Go to my.orb.com and select a channel to play.
This will lead the software on your PC to stream that channel.
You ca watch output on Laptop or your mobile phone!!
That’s it
Hope that helps!
Old 6th August 2006, 12:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai
Hello Esteem lover….I have got really good news for all who want to watch tv on the Go!!! Here is the quick list.
Rohait bhai that is a great idea. but with this type of internet tv u have to got ho have a very good internet connection. I have a 512 Kbps connection sala us par bhi nahi chalta. it is that 512 is a slow speed it depends on the qualtity of the connection. like how much data packets are dropped during transmmsion and what is the ping time how fast the other server response the ping time. it is not like that u r directly connected to the tv brodcasting server there will be nearly 5-10 server in between them. also the quality to compare the normal cable tv will required good bandwidth which is also not avalable in india is not cheap.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks