Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2006, 13:03   #31
BHPian

Hi low_bass_maker,
The orb.com will detect your nework speed (GPRS or What ever you connect to watch TV) and then adjust for optimum speed. I have been watching it over GPRS on my laptop since last 6 months.
Ok you can try direct link to me and let me know (and others) the results. Its live now and I will shut it down in another half an hour!!
Enjoy!
Old 6th August 2006, 23:16   #32
BHPian

Hi, Sethuram is probably right; the brand is "Enter" and is available in any shop selling computer accessories. In Bangalore, i found it in IT Mall; last functioning shop on the left - down the stairs. I dont know whether the cable connection was bad or the tuner; but i had taken it on 1 week trial basis and hence could not investigate much. I tried to tune it a few times; even saw 1/2 of the world cup final on projector in grainy colour (the other half was in b/w....:( ). The sales lady said she had fantastic sales.
Old 7th August 2006, 13:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Hi, Sethuram is probably right; the brand is "Enter" and is available in any shop selling computer accessories. In Bangalore, i found it in IT Mall; last functioning shop on the left - down the stairs. I dont know whether the cable connection was bad or the tuner; but i had taken it on 1 week trial basis and hence could not investigate much. I tried to tune it a few times; even saw 1/2 of the world cup final on projector in grainy colour (the other half was in b/w....:( ). The sales lady said she had fantastic sales.
did u try fixing an antenna to the tuner ??? to receive local channels ??
Old 14th November 2006, 13:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
did u try fixing an antenna to the tuner ??? to receive local channels ??
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I only connected the Cable Tv cable to the tuner and conntected that to my projector.....
Old 14th November 2006, 14:11   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I only connected the Cable Tv cable to the tuner and conntected that to my projector.....

Hmmmmmmmmm...... That was really late!!!
Old 15th November 2006, 14:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks wheeliej, but i was wondering if any of that will work in the car. cheers
Old 15th November 2006, 15:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

I have a sony system with a TV tuner (A system with 2 AV Inputs, 1 Sat Nav input and a monitor out. i connected the set to a pretty good quality antenna and hunted for the free to air channels. Found zilch, even after I checked it out at quite a few locations in Chennai, kochi and Madurai.

Last edited by jyobeb : 15th November 2006 at 15:25.
Old 15th November 2006, 15:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
I have a sony system with a TV tuner (A system with 2 AV Inputs, 1 Sat Nav input and a monitor out. i connected the set to a pretty good quality antenna and hunted for the free to air channels. Found zilch, even after I checked it out at quite a few locations in Chennai, kochi and Madurai.
what kind of antenna did you use ? can you put up some pics please ?
Old 15th November 2006, 16:16   #39
DRC
BHPian

Esteem Lover,
I have not done this, but the theory says...

It will work. Technically, the RF input you have in your home TV can recieve the antenna signals too. All you need to do is buy a dipole antenna, which used to come with old portable TVs and connect it via a balloon. You may not get any of the other channels but the DD. There is a catch here too. TV receiption id directional. Which means the antenna needs to be looking towards the transmitting station always. This also means when you change the direction of you car, your antenna needs to be turned. . You can stop the car and watch the TV prob'ly
Old 8th January 2007, 12:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Stopping the car & watching is what i will be doing as i would be the driver always. But these tuners are so damn expensive, you could even get a laptop for that price.
Old 8th January 2007, 14:15   #41
BHPian

If the only thing you want to do is watch cricket matches on DD , then why don't you go for the handheld color TV's made by casio or the 8" monitor with a tv decoder built in. Something like below :

Shop Online; Gift in India: ,* 3 Inch TFT LCD Mini Color TV,* Electronics,* Audio & Video,* Televisions,* Portable Tvs - Less Than 6 Inches Buy mobile phones, Gift Flowers, Buy Indian Apparel, Buy Books in India, Buy Cameras

Shop Online; Gift in India: ,* SUPER 8.4 INCH TFT LCD COLOR TV / MONITOR FREE 128 MB MP3 PLAYER WORTH RS 2499/-,* Electronics,* Audio & Video,* Televisions,* Tvs - 6-19 Inches Buy mobile phones, Gift Flowers, Buy Indian Apparel, Buy Books in India, B
Old 15th December 2007, 13:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Zee has actually already cooked up something via their company Dish TV. It involves mounting a circular dish on top of your vehicle. You can find more details by opening this page & sneding them your info. Their website doesn't have any info on it.
mobile-dish1
Dish TV now offers 'DISHTV ON WHEELS'.

A special antenna is affixed on the roof top of the Car. The antenna automatically tracks Dish TV’s satellite placed at 36,000km orbit.

It then provides signal to the Set-Top-Box (STB) through an RF cable.The STB is connected to both the LCD screen through AV output. Exactly same system as in homes except the antenna is an auto-tracking one .All the features of Dish TV available on Direct-to-Car also

Setup diagram: »*Dish TV - India's first DTH entertainment...
More info here: »*Dish TV - India's first DTH entertainment...

Cost: Approx $1100.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks