Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 22:16   #31
Team-BHP Support

Gunbir, most Pio subs do have a bit too much overhang.
Old 29th May 2007, 22:52   #32
BHPian

very informative thread indeed....
Old 29th May 2007, 23:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Gunbir, most Pio subs do have a bit too much overhang.
Yes Navinji, thats what I was getting at... the characteristics he is looking for are found in better subs which are also more expensive.
Old 30th May 2007, 11:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yes Navinji, thats what I was getting at... the characteristics he is looking for are found in better subs which are also more expensive.
Hi, The Pio Sub is a 12" model 305F - If it is a Free air sub..How do i fix in in a Gypsy..

Also, is it true that Pio HUs, Amps and Subs are inferior in Sound Q than other brands..Just Curious!!
Old 30th May 2007, 14:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi, The Pio Sub is a 12" model 305F - If it is a Free air sub..How do i fix in in a Gypsy..

Also, is it true that Pio HUs, Amps and Subs are inferior in Sound Q than other brands..Just Curious!!
hi,

what enclosure are you using for the sub? sealed, ported? i suggest you install it in a ported(a.k.a. vented) enclosure as it would be difficult to have free air( infinite baffle) install in a gypsy. well this is my opinion and i may be wrong. so lets see what the gurus have to say.

Like sam says, no brand is better than the other. its up to the listener what what kind of sound he likes or the budget he has. so i would advise you listen before you buy. like navin says, USE YOUR EARS. lol

cheers
clip
Old 30th May 2007, 14:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

what enclosure are you using for the sub? sealed, ported? i suggest you install it in a ported(a.k.a. vented) enclosure as it would be difficult to have free air( infinite baffle) install in a gypsy. well this is my opinion and i may be wrong. so lets see what the gurus have to say.

Like sam says, no brand is better than the other. its up to the listener what what kind of sound he likes or the budget he has. so i would advise you listen before you buy. like navin says, USE YOUR EARS. lol

cheers
clip
Hi thanks for your inputs.. The enclosure is a sealed one..not ported and now am wondering how to port the sealed enclosure..Also how can we listen to a sub before we purchase it..??

Cheers
Old 30th May 2007, 14:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

one cannot stay away drill a hole in a sealed box and make it ported...there are lots of other parameters involved....and what are the sizes of the sealed box...
Old 30th May 2007, 23:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i suggest you install it in a ported(a.k.a. vented) enclosure as it would be difficult to have free air( infinite baffle) install in a gypsy. well this is my opinion and i may be wrong. so lets see what the gurus have to say.

Like sam says, no brand is better than the other.
1. a free air sub would have a higher Qts than a closed box version. hence a lossy box (high QL say about 15) would be best. Needless to say the regualar here would now know the type of box I am refering to. It starts with Ap.....:-)

2. Did Sam say that. I think you mean that "at any price point there are often multiple options and it pays it listen before you buy".
Old 31st May 2007, 10:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. a free air sub would have a higher Qts than a closed box version. hence a lossy box (high QL say about 15) would be best. Needless to say the regualar here would now know the type of box I am refering to. It starts with Ap.....:-)
Yes, Navin-ji, we definitely recognize that one. I even found your postings (you know where!) dating back to 2002 on that subject!

Question: where do I get something like a Variovent? There must be a more elegant solution than having to jerry-rig wire mesh and glass-wool.

I was thinking of making an ultra-small Ap... box (WDH 12"x14"x4-6") with a 10" woofer (haven't found a suitable one yet; is F3 less than 35Hz unachievable in this size?) to keep below the passenger seat in my Safari DICOR.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Navin..I think i lost it here..can you tell me in simple words..the dimensions of the sub box..and the port size..

I do not understand QL..lossy box etc..pardon my ignorance.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Navin..I think i lost it here..can you tell me in simple words..the dimensions of the sub box..and the port size..

I do not understand QL..lossy box etc..pardon my ignorance.
you have a 305F ....firstly it should be installed in a free air application that is like a rear deck of a honda city or baleno....but since you have a gypsy put it in a sealed box of 1 - 1.3 cuft box it will give you some boom boom for your needs....size would be like ....height 15 inch x width 15 inch x depth 12 inch with 0.75 inch mdf will give you a net internal volume of 1.1 cuft....
Old 31st May 2007, 12:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, Navin-ji, we definitely recognize that one. I even found your postings (you know where!) dating back to 2002 on that subject!
how can this possible....Team Bhp was created on 12th Feb 2004 how can Navin Ji post the info in 2002.....
Old 31st May 2007, 13:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:

2. Did Sam say that. I think you mean that "at any price point there are often multiple options and it pays it listen before you buy".

yes navinji everyone knows what you saying. :-)

yes i meant that navinji. thanks

cheers
clip
Old 31st May 2007, 14:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes navinji everyone knows what you saying. :-)

yes i meant that navinji. thanks

cheers
clip
clip what do you wanna say here I did not understand a thing ....

replying to the post below...

ya thank you clip

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 31st May 2007 at 14:18.
Old 31st May 2007, 14:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
clip what do you wanna say here I did not understand a thing ....
ill explain.

i replied to navinjis post wich said

i replied to both the points. ok here it goes again.

1. yes navinji everyone knows what you saying. :-)i meant to say that everyone knows you are reffering to aperiodic vent enclosure.

2. yes i meant that navinji. thanks
. this was the reply to navinjis 2nd point.

hope things are clear now.

clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks