Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 14:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
This is seriously OT but have to ask you sir, are you originally from the Northern parts of India by any chance? Your knowledge of Hindi/Punjabi is very, very comprehensive & I'm surprised to see someone speaking/writing such fabulous hindi in today's world. Really feels nice to see people still taking the trouble of learning our national langauge properly and using it!
Yes, sir, I was born in Delhi where I lived the first half of my life. Feels nice sometimes to indulge in the shuddh bhasha we learnt in school. Like "lauhapath-gamini-gamanagaman-sadhan" and "patra-petika" (Can't risk anymore, lest Navin-ji complain to ooperwala and get me banned for mental agony)
Old 1st June 2007, 17:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Yes, sir, I was born in Delhi where I lived the first half of my life. Feels nice sometimes to indulge in the shuddh bhasha we learnt in school. Like "lauhapath-gamini-gamanagaman-sadhan" and "patra-petika" (Can't risk anymore, lest Navin-ji complain to ooperwala and get me banned for mental agony)
This is one of of my favourites from boarding school in Patna - yarna ghur ghur warna ghur ghur ley phataphat dey phataphat.
Old 1st June 2007, 20:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
which 10 inch woofer you are planning to put in a .5 cuft box without knowing the spec of the woofer the correct enclosure design would be a bit difficult...
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You are thinking of stuffing a 10" woofer in a box that is about 0.5 cu. ft. (14 liters). I dont think that is really advisable. A more detialed answer can only be known after the T/S specs are known.
What if the drivers were one of these?

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Bo...ters/1050W.pdf
http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Bo...eters/850W.pdf

Not sure whether they are available in Bangalore (not listed on the fxaudio website), but still...

Old 2nd June 2007, 09:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

pics of my ICE installs

Quote:
I think the 937 (like most 6x9s) are designed for free air as they would be most probably installed in on a trunk deck.

If you stuff it in a box you will get a peakier response, a hump around 60-80Hz, and this can sound good. In free air it will go lower but due to the huge undamped trunk mght sound boomier.

In a box beucase the box is a small MDF box the response might have a hump or even a peak but the boom will be of a different kind (no trunk panel resonance).

Since you were talkig of a port I assumed the 937 was in a box.
Hope you guys can advise me now..

Basically..I've a Gas kit installed and hence the wooden box to conceal it from the eyes of the common man..Managed to put the 937s at the end of the box..

Now, the Gypsy has

Pioneer 7950 HU
Pioneer 6300 4Ch Amp
Pioneer 305F in a non vented box
JBL 937 at the rear box
Pioneer 51/4" in the front

My Accent has
Kenwood 6033 HU
Kenwood 748 4ch Amp
Kenwood 10" Sub - forget the name
Kenwood 6x9 rears on the rear parcel tray
Boston component speakers in the front with a separate tweeter location

The accent sounds much cleaner and the install was done by a professional installer..whereas IN the gypsy..i've been experimenting setups..

Posted pictures in fotopic..and will send the links soon..

Hope we could take "Billie Jean - Michael Jackson" for a reference number..as it has a good low end..Not a very favorite song though..
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ok..here comes the Gypsy Install pics..

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy King @ Fotopic.Net

LBM, Navin and friends..Pls tell me if I need to port the Sub and where to port it..

Thanks for your inputs..

Cheers
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Bo...ters/1050W.pdf

Not sure whether they are available in Bangalore (not listed on the fxaudio website), but still...

if we go by the recommended size given by the manufacturer then

10 inch one in a .75 cuft (21.24 liters) box and the 8 inch one is a .35 cuft (9.91liters) box....so what is the confusion, about the availability part that Sam Bhai can tell...
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Ok..here comes the Gypsy Install pics..

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy King @ Fotopic.Net

LBM, Navin and friends..Pls tell me if I need to port the Sub and where to port it..

Thanks for your inputs..

Cheers
for putting the port it can be on any side of the box as its placement does not make much difference...you can put in the top like this one..

you can use the plastic pipes used for water drainage and try to keep good distance between the port and the wall of the enlcosure...in the above pic the port is touching the wall this is incorrect thats why new enlcosures were made....(one of the reasons)

But I must say one more thing....the woofer you are using is a 305F it might not sound right in a ported enclosure or in a sealed box also because of the driver...so I would recommmend to get a new sub like the pioneer 307 (it has good low) and then try first in a sealed box....
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:03   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
this woofer is ok for 14 liters in fact the box can be a little less (14 liters is almost Vas) but it is an 8" woofer.
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:50   #70
BHPian

@headers - Can I request you to post the model number & price of the Boston components in your Accent? We have a Boston distributor in Kolkata & want to audition their demo car. A little advance knowledge will help. Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
@headers - Can I request you to post the model number & price of the Boston components in your Accent? We have a Boston distributor in Kolkata & want to audition their demo car. A little advance knowledge will help. Thanks in advance.
Hey Nura..Wish i could help..basically the install was done in my accent almost 2 years ago..[sept 05] to be precise..i need to get to my installer, ref his job sheet to tell you the model number and price..

So sorry that i'm unable to help you now..

cheers
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:23   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey Nura..Wish i could help..basically the install was done in my accent almost 2 years ago..[sept 05] to be precise..i need to get to my installer, ref his job sheet to tell you the model number and price..

So sorry that i'm unable to help you now..

cheers
Thanks anyway. You don't need to trouble yourself & your installer. Let us see how the demo goes.
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:52   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Navin-ji complain to ooperwala and get me banned for mental agony
DerAlte, I would never do that. Unless there is blatant marketing or posts get personal, insulting, or people bring caste, creed, religion and all that jazz in I am cool. Old men can be cool too. My son is still not not old enough to realise that dad is not cool.
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DerAlte, I would never do that. Unless there is blatant marketing or posts get personal, insulting, or people bring caste, creed, religion and all that jazz in I am cool. Old men can be cool too. My son is still not not old enough to realise that dad is not cool.
Thanks, Navin-ji.
OT: Did you mean your son does not find you cool? Old men ARE cool, and you sure are (though you really aren't that old) - the very word started in our generation! Maybe he'll learn via Wikipedia Cool (aesthetic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The sub-woofer saga continues: spent the better part of yesterday but didn't find a decent 8" or 10" SW in the market. Infinity - Out of stock, IDQ - nix, RF - likewise. Oh man!
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:33   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OT: Did you mean your son does not find you cool?

The sub-woofer saga continues: spent the better part of yesterday but didn't find a decent 8" or 10" SW in the market. Infinity - Out of stock, IDQ - nix, RF - likewise. Oh man!
No I meant that my son is still to young to know that his old man is NOT cool. A few years from now and he'll be wiser.

IDQ - Ask Gunbir/Autophile

Think out of the box. Some moons back I found me a couple of 8" Eminence subs that worked well. Fs was about 35Hz which was kinda high but they still worked well. You city must have an street where they sell all the electronics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks