Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 00:59   #1
BHPian

Best 6" speakers

Hi guyes,
sorry to ask this, could not find my answer by searching.

i want 2 buy four 6" speakers for my swift or should i go for oval at rear and add tray to my swift, is it really worth it?
is the sound really better of oval than good 6" speakers?
so,
now the problem is my budget, i do not want spend more then 5-6k for all 4 of them.
plz suggest me the best option.
i think component system wont come i this budget?
and
how is blaupunkt and pioneer speakers compared to JBL?

P.S. i am going for HU-Pio6850 -Rs.8900 w/o warrenty, any better option.
thanx for your help,
regards,
Nishant.
Old 9th August 2006, 01:36   #2
BHPian

I guess Swift can fit 6.5'' speakers check out....
Old 9th August 2006, 06:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantv2003
Hi guyes,
sorry to ask this, could not find my answer by searching.

i want 2 buy four 6" speakers for my swift or should i go for oval at rear and add tray to my swift, is it really worth it?
is the sound really better of oval than good 6" speakers?
so,
now the problem is my budget, i do not want spend more then 5-6k for all 4 of them.
plz suggest me the best option.
i think component system wont come i this budget?
and
how is blaupunkt and pioneer speakers compared to JBL?

P.S. i am going for HU-Pio6850 -Rs.8900 w/o warrenty, any better option.
thanx for your help,
regards,
Nishant.
Dont go for a rear tray...its better to have the speakers in the rear doors,,i have gone for the tray and front door speakers,but the tray rattles a lot nd...its due to my sub too..but still..try to get 6.5's in the door..
Old 9th August 2006, 11:57   #4
BHPian

thanx guys 4 your reply,
i will go for 6.5" in rear also.
now plz tell me which brand should i choose and what type(front and rear).
Old 9th August 2006, 12:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

acording to ur budget of 5-6k u will only be able to get good for the front only .....u will have to increase a little bit for the coax at the back.....JBL is a good brand in ur budget range....
Old 9th August 2006, 13:27   #6

i wud also suggest not using the tray, coz it will start rattling sooner or later.. use the door or boxes.. I love pioneer and wud recommend it to anyone. have had them for 6+ years, no problems.
Old 10th August 2006, 13:55   #7
Team-BHP Support

Swift has locations for 6" in each door. 4 doors = 4 speakers. Use these locations.

My friends so far have all prefered JBL's CS series to Blaupunkt GTO series. These 2 are the only speakers i know of in the price range (3k per pair). Hence I'd suggest you listen to the JBL CS series along with some other options.
Old 10th August 2006, 14:47   #8
BHPian

JBL's, Blaupunkt are good

But i would suggest you also listen to few more options like "Morel"

And then whichever suites your ears get that...
Old 10th August 2006, 14:50   #9
Team-BHP Support

Morel at 3K per pair?
Old 10th August 2006, 15:25   #10
BHPian

he must have meant in dollars!!...

By the way, what makes these speakers so costly?... Morel, Focal, DynAudio, Rainbow....
Old 10th August 2006, 17:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

they all are high end speaker with exotic stuff and the technologies used in them they are made perfect to sound perfect thats why they are expensive........
Old 10th August 2006, 17:31   #12
BANNED

Get JBL 6" co-axials. It costs below 3k per pair. But components in the front would be ideal!
Rest it's upto your ears!
Old 10th August 2006, 17:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Get JBL 6" co-axials. It costs below 3k per pair. But components in the front would be ideal!
Rest it's upto your ears!
now, is that in dollars or in rupees ???
Old 10th August 2006, 17:54   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
now, is that in dollars or in rupees ???
Rupees!!!! Check for the exact model I'm referring to: http://www.fxaudio.com/caraudio/jbl-speakers-cs2165.htm
Old 10th August 2006, 19:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
By the way, what makes these speakers so costly?... Morel, Focal, DynAudio, Rainbow....
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
they all are high end speaker with exotic stuff and the technologies used in them they are made perfect to sound perfect thats why they are expensive........
anToNIcHeN, actually, very few of the brands (incl some of which you named) actually have exotic materials in their products. Most of the time you end up paying big bucks for much of the same "parts and technologies" you would find in a Rs 5000 speaker.

Why do they cost so much more... well every market has a premium product range. Lets have a look at cellphones, where you have Vertu. The entry level Vertu DOESNT have any exotic parts except an extotic name badge, in fact it has lesser features or technology than most mid segment phones. But it costs several times more. Then you have cars. Do you honestly think the S class costs thrice of what it costs to manufacture the C class. NO. However, in this case the S class does have a lot more features and technology.

I put forth the above examples to show that though there are some products that DO have better parts and technology to warrant a high price, some products have commonplace parts but are hyped and priced expensive. Most customers that can afford these high end products really dont have a clue about good sound anyway, so what they pay for are looks and branding... So you find some brands just spend on looks... and branding... with little to no R&D gone into the sound of the speaker.

There are similar examples in the audio industry. There are some speakers that are very basic, but sound decent. Then there are some that have a hell of a lot of hype associated with them, are built well, look the part, yet sound mediocre. And then you have some rare ones that have great parts AND sound phenominal.

"Dont believe the hype its a sequal"... In the end its all about sound. Listen to them, and you will know whats just hype and whats in fact, sound so extraordinary that you wont want the demo to end... In audio, you pay for the sound. And to achieve extraordinary sound, sometimes manufacturers spend years in R&D, testing different permutations and combinations. When you do find an awesome sounding speaker, you are mostly paying for the R&D, and then the parts...

Last edited by gunbir : 10th August 2006 at 19:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks