Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2006, 22:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Sam's right about the install/wiring... seems expensive ?

Here in bangy the local installers charge 1 - 1.5k only if they are required to fit more than 1 amp + sub etc. Your speakers would be supplied with basic wiring I reckon, so check with the installer what he is charging for RCA's.
Old 12th September 2006, 22:00   #17
BHPian

Wel the installtion includes half a inch mdf board...nd cables...anyways wil check on that...wil be goin tom to finalise the deal and decide on the installation...thanks guys..
Old 6th October 2006, 10:43   #18
BHPian

Updates!!!

HI guys...
Wel... sorry could not post for a realllly long time..was a bit held up...am back wit some install pics...the equipment tht went into my car..
pioneer 5850..
pio 2090..rear speakers
ts-20..which am plannin to scrap aft i get my JBL 427`s(short of vitamin M as of nw..)
sony 504z..a brand new one as the other stuffs were shifted from old car...THe pics..

THe rear speakers

THe ts-20`s

HU

Sony 504z
Now i have queries regardin the connections...as the installers out here really S*** at electronic knowledge...So would want to verify if the connections are fine.....they have run a single RCA cable to the front channel of the amp...and have connected the ts-20`s nd the rear speakers in parallel..Have no idea why they did that...told them to connect the tweeters to the head unit....but they said that it would sound better if connected to the amp......the connections are shown in the pic...the rear channel is free..so are the connections fine??... plannin to fix front speakers too...thats next on the agenda ..

thinkin of installing the front speakers by myself....inspired by vivek you see...OF COURSE WIT HELP FROM TEAM-BHP....so guys do i have to run another RCA cable in order to connect the front speakers..nd also do i have to run wires too for the fronts???.have SUB in mind too...but in the next stage...

Last edited by angelfire : 6th October 2006 at 10:44.
Old 6th October 2006, 11:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Get the 427, get another RCA. Power all speakers frm amp.

Presently they can run the TS from teh HU as you wanted and feed the rear frm amp.
Old 6th October 2006, 14:40   #20
Team-BHP Support

my recomendations.

a) space the 2090 out as far as possible
b) rotate one 2090 180 deg. I'd consider the left one in the pic above
c) dump the TS20 or if you want to use pad it down about 6db
d) Get the 427 asap.
e) if you dump the TS20 then run all 4 speakers of the amp if you dont dump the TS20 pad it down 6db or so (10 ohms in series) mount iit in the rear and run it in parallel with the rear speakers. since the TS20 effective (post padding) impedace will be 14 ohms of which 10 ohms is purely resisteve it will not load the amp even if it is in parallel with the rear speakers.
Old 6th October 2006, 15:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

ha! the new face of navin. the stricter & stern navin, eh ?
Old 6th October 2006, 16:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
my recomendations.

a) space the 2090 out as far as possible
b) rotate one 2090 180 deg. I'd consider the left one in the pic above
c) dump the TS20 or if you want to use pad it down about 6db
d) Get the 427 asap.
e) if you dump the TS20 then run all 4 speakers of the amp if you dont dump the TS20 pad it down 6db or so (10 ohms in series) mount iit in the rear and run it in parallel with the rear speakers. since the TS20 effective (post padding) impedace will be 14 ohms of which 10 ohms is purely resisteve it will not load the amp even if it is in parallel with the rear speakers.
Well sir... i cant move the rear speakers away from each other as a hole cannot be cut due to some design prob of the seats....if thats what you meant by space out...Will def rotate the them by 180 deg......nd the 10ohm shud be connected in series to the posivte line right???
and the 427`s wil be in within few weeks....Wel there`s a pair of lightning audio 4'' fronts for 2.4k.....with 35 watts rms...any reviews bout that??

Last edited by angelfire : 6th October 2006 at 16:54.
Old 6th October 2006, 17:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

I know I was suggesting a new MDF deck! the 10ohm/5W or 10ohms/10W resistor is in series with the +ve leg.
Old 6th October 2006, 18:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I know I was suggesting a new MDF deck! the 10ohm/5W or 10ohms/10W resistor is in series with the +ve leg.
Wel metal frame below the mdf cannot accomodate the 20cm speakers at the sides...as their magnets would touch some sort of rods it seems..especially in new esteems...
And sir ...why did you ask me to turn the speakers by 180 deg??..anthin to do with the midrange nd tweeter allignment???...
Old 6th October 2006, 19:02   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
Wel metal frame below the mdf cannot accomodate the 20cm speakers at the sides...as their magnets would touch some sort of rods it seems..especially in new esteems...
And sir ...why did you ask me to turn the speakers by 180 deg??..anthin to do with the midrange nd tweeter allignment???...
Ok then I guess this is as far apart as you can install these speakers. i wanted the tweeters to be as far apart as possible.
Old 6th October 2006, 22:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

i have never seen such an installation in an esteem or for that matter in any car. i think the guy is taking you for a ride. there is no such obstruction as claimed by him. there are rods, but they do not come in the way of your speakers...get this re done. the spacing between the 2 speakers is vital in any kind of a stereo set up. 2 speakers close to each other like that is definitely not on. cheers
Old 6th October 2006, 22:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Well sir... i cant move the rear speakers away from each other as a hole cannot be cut due to some design prob of the seats....if thats what you meant by space out...
Even i own a new Esteem Vxi which is roughly 10months old now and as far as my knowledge goes, there is no problem with the seat designs or whatever you talking about when placing 6 x 9 speakers on the rear OEM deck. I have installed the JBL GTO 936's on the extreme ends of both sides on the OEM rear deck without any issues.

If its a Vxi that you have then it comes with Kenwood 6.5" rear speakers which are placed on the extreme ends on both sides of the rear deck. All you need to do is remove the OEM speakers and with little modification to the metal sheet below to accomodate the larger 6 x 9"'s, you are all set. There are lot of Esteems with 6 x 9's properly installed at the back the way navin is suggesting. The way you have installed the 6 x 9's soo close together is i am afraid a wrong way to do it.
Cheers
Old 6th October 2006, 22:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
and the 427`s wil be in within few weeks....Wel there`s a pair of lightning audio 4'' fronts for 2.4k.....with 35 watts rms...any reviews bout that??
Well i had tried installing the JBL GTO 426 speakers in the front speaker pod of the Esteem which are quite similar to the new JBL GTO 427's but i am afraid the dashboard grill which covers the speakers foul with the tweeter mounted on the coaxial speakers up front. I tried different makes of co-axials up front soo as to eliminate the dashboard speaker grill from fouling with the front speaker but to no avail. The installer then suggested some funny ways to install the speakers in the given place but i wasn't impressed. Finally i dropped the idea of going in for front speakers.

Then one fine day i got the 4 inch Kicker Component set for 5k and easily installed it in the given speaker slot without any problem in placing the dashborad speaker grill after the install since it came with seperate tweeters which sit pretty on the extreme ends of the dashboard facing the seat belts on the opposite direction. Now i am extremely satisfied with the sound.

Hope it helps

Last edited by prince85 : 6th October 2006 at 22:48.
Old 7th October 2006, 09:43   #29
Team-BHP Support

hey prince you just detailed another advantage of components. BTW I am given to understand that kicker is about the only company that offers a 4" component (or atleast the cheapest). Any ideas on the others. See I assleble my own speakers (my Octy for example has a 4.5" Vifa woofer mated to a Blaupunkt velocity tweeter with my own crossover, and my wife sail has uses a 4" fullrange mated to a Blaupunkt tweeter with a very different crossover) when required so I am not aware of what the market offers.

I have found that in many cases the companies do not experiment enough with their own drivers and use simpler/easy cookie cutter solutions esp in their crossovers.
Old 7th October 2006, 11:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
There are lot of Esteems with 6 x 9's properly installed at the back the way navin is suggesting. The way you have installed the 6 x 9's soo close together is i am afraid a wrong way to do it.
Cheers
Hey Prince,,,these are not 6x9`s...they are 20cms round speakers...nd guess with a bigger magnet...same like the pio 2150..except for the dome....the 6x9`s fit perfectly in the corners..and thanks for lettin me knw about the fronts..tot 427`s fit perfectly in the esteem slot......any other solution to this other than components...as i have a budget of only 3k for the fronts......
rgrds..
angelfire

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks