Team-BHP - Car Audio for M800
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Car Audio for M800 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/15912-car-audio-m800.html)

Guyz ... i wanna put in a decent Car audio setup in my M800...
Was thinking on the lines of a Pioneer DEH 3850MP for the HU.... and want to put in a 600W sub woofer.... with a 2 channel amp .
Currently i have a 240W Pioneer TS A6900 speakers in the rear and JVC 100W speakers in the front... the HU (its damn old) is a JVC KS FX-12...
Pls suggest a decent config and also where i cud buy the stuff and have it installed.

hey give us a budget. we assure you we will exceed it! :-) just kidding. seriously we would love to know what you intend to spend.

well... i'm low on budget.... mebbe 10 - 15k....
But i guess if v cud find a combination of second hand n new parts... v might just b able to get in decent stuff into the budget... wot say??? Does second hand stuff make sense at all????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid
well... i'm low on budget.... mebbe 10 - 15k....
But i guess if v cud find a combination of second hand n new parts... v might just b able to get in decent stuff into the budget... wot say??? Does second hand stuff make sense at all????

good. lets start at 15k..no point getting 2nd hand stuff. i think u better set up a basic system & keep upgrading. beleive me, if u hang out here for a month, u will know what u want to buy & u will also lose all sense of budget too lol: ...
on a serious note, get a MP3 hu for around 6k..since it is a 800, invest in good components speakers, maybe around 6.5k, the fixing & cables will take the remaining of ur budget. this should sound pretty good till u can afford to spend more on ur music..

cheers
:)

Get a decent MP3 HU, a Pioneer 306C SUB, a 2 channel Amp.

Power the speakers from the HU for now. And power the Sub from the amp. Make sure the sub is in a sealed box.

Bingo! You'll be happy.

Thanx Esteem_lover....
I was considering buying a Pioneer DEH 3850 MP ... i'm getting it for bout 5500 bucks... Its got the basic stuff... mp3, wma, cda support... etc etc etc...
Am contemplating on keepin the same rear speakers at the moment and putting in a 2 channel amp for bout 2500 bucks and a 600W sub woofer... which i'm not sure but i think i can get one for like 5000 or 6000 bucks... (correct me if i'm wrong)....
.... Wot do u think bout this kinda setup... ???

thanx SpeedZak ....
btw ... wot brand of subs n Amps shud one consider

With your budget, you can opt for JBL amps. If not settle for a sony or Pioneer. JBL subwoofers are very good but it may stretch your budget.

Where in Mumbai wud b the best place to pick up a JBL amp and a Sub woofer ?

I would not suggest u subw+amp coz of ur budget and maruti's door panels.Amp+Sub will shake ur car more than u.
Go for pio HU,front compo and rear coax,biggest size 800's doors can take in.
If looking for more bass,6x9" on mdf tray instead of rear coax.

Go to milan subway......even i know the place as it has been discussed many times.

My front speakers are mounted not on the door panel but on the dash... theres room under the dash... (its a 2002 M800 not the older one)
And the rear speakers are mounted in boxes not the tray....
The sub woofer also i plan to put in the hatch in a box that is fixed well to the surface....
So.... will the amp+sub cause the car to vibrate too much????

What I think is, You've to invest some money to damp your car.
Install all the things you need. And Play the system in a pretty high (NOT FULL) volume and find all the vibrations and stop it by damping the area!

That will be enough!

Hmm..I have a similiar setup on my M800 (1990)...there was vibration from the number plate earlier....this was fixed with some damping.

But since your 800 is a 2002 model, i don't think u should have any probs like this.

Get a boxed JBL sub...it will stretch your budget...but its worth it.

What kinda damping shud i do... As in wots the substance and how do i damp it right...

zak! pls! i knw how loud your car plays! and GUYS! dont do the zak way of damping unless you have 10k! and if you donno speedzak, i can give u a hint. He is 'a' brother of mister.KB$$$$ :D

12k eh? Retain those speakers you haev for now. The 6x9 giev good bass in right box and maybe a better bass with a sub. If you are really tight, get teh HU and the amp ( if possible a 4 channel amp). Power teh speakers from amp and see. Upgrade to sub later.

confused?

your lines look goood at grey prices :)