Team-BHP - Sony CDX-GT250S + Sony XS-GF6932
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sony CDX-GT250S + Sony XS-GF6932 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/16077-sony-cdx-gt250s-sony-xs-gf6932.html)

I had a Pioneer DEH-8450MP with a TS-A6995 installed in my zen. No sub, no amp, no nothing. I wanted to put some, but I didn't want to lose the boot space and I didn't like the idea of a removable boot box. The dual-faceplate of the HU provided me all the entertainment I needed :)

About six months ago, I bought and Esteem and ported the HU and the speakers from the Zen to the new car. Because of the extra boot space and some interesting tweaks to the HU EQ, the speakers sound much better and loud enough for me, so I don't think I need a sub or an amp, although the latter is still being pondered upon.

Now the Zen has nothing and while I don't want to spend too much on ICE in it, i would like to have a basic setup, so I've sort of decided upon this:

Sony CDX-GT250S:
First of all, Rs. 5,200. Then, it's got AUX in, so I can hook up my 20GB Sony Walkman and play music off it instead of burning CDs. Then, it does MP3 so all my CDs will be playable. Then, it also does ATRAC, so I can have MP3-quality music at half the sizes (effectively two CDs worth of MP3s in one ATRAC CD). And last but not least, it's slot loading, so I dont have to flip the faceplate to put in or take out my CDs. This is something I loved about my older DEH-1450 and something I've missed since I got the DEH-3550MP).

Sony XS-GF6932:
Again, first of all, Rs. 2,200. Then, it says about 300W, which is the same as my earlier TS-A6995, so I may not get better sound, but I surely won't get any worse. Maybe the 4W extra (52Wx4 on the Sony vs. 50Wx4 on the Pioneer) will make it sound a wee bit better but I'm not counting on it :).

Why Sony speakers? No particular reason, really. Since I've got all Pioneers in my Esteem, I figured I'd go all Sony in my Zen. That's really it! I'm not looking for glass-shattering sound, so I think this would suffice.

Now most of you will wonder what the point of this post is... LOL. Well, what do you think of this setup I have in mind? Is the HU recommendable? Are the speakers atleast 'comparable' to the Pioneer TS-A6995 (which I totally love in my Esteem right now)? Finally, do you think I can get anything better (both HU and RSP) in Rs. 7,400?

Waiting :)

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com

2200 for a pair of 6x9s! that's a great price. I have not been too happy with the sony speakers (red xplod range) that I have heard but hopefully (for your sake) the 6x9s will be better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
2200 for a pair of 6x9s! that's a great price. I have not been too happy with the sony speakers (red xplod range) that I have heard but hopefully (for your sake) the 6x9s will be better.

there was one sony speakers which i bought in 2002 for 3.5ks a pair..i think the model no is 6944 or 6945 or 6955 or something...it was a 4 way 60 w speakers. i had passed it on with my previous car, so i dont have it now. anyway, that sounded really good, better than most premium brands. i am yet to come across similar quality speakers in sony or pioneer now.

There are some people who have quoted me a lower price... dropping the whole package to under 6.5k...

but that's without warranty and stuff... I'm not sure I want to take the risk, although I've never needed warranty for my pioneer HU or Sps..

- Aalaap

Aalaap, here's my honest advice, the sony speakers, especially the 6X9 sound terrible. I know the price is low, but at 2.2K, i'd rather buy the cheap pioneer 6X9s, they sound better.

I got this setup and put the Sony 6x9s into wooden enclosures and sam, i agree with you, they don't sound 80% as good as the pioneer 300w 6x9s i now have in my esteem...

the speakers have decent lows (u need to pump the volume) but the highs are very swishy cheap plastic speaker type .. u know the kind of speakers with "DIONEER" writen on the box..

anyway my basic need was just to get 'decent' sound in my zen and have a single brand setup and i got that .. its okay ... :)

so guys unless ure like me and u are okay with multiple brands, then avoid the sony speakers at all costs!

- Aalaap

Quote:

Originally Posted by aalaap
so guys unless ure like me and u are okay with multiple brands, then avoid the sony speakers at all costs!

- Aalaap

Lesson learnt from experience. :(
Sony XPLOD is headed for a demise soon if it continues to give us crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak
Sony XPLOD is headed for a demise soon if it continues to give us crap.

Still India's second largest selling speaker brand. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Still India's second largest selling speaker brand. :mad:

Because of all those ruthless installers who recommend Sony! And there're simply many of them.

because they know how to market their product.
they have a website
you can see stuff you know the prices its transparent sonyworlds stock them and if you are the guy for whom 15k budgets are good enough its still the best bet in terms of accessibility range and ease of install.
dams i need to travel 40 kms to locate jbl speakers in my city atleast.
and you never know if theyre original or KBL like DIONEERS.

the explode HU's and subs are good.......

the speakers suck.....i have them on my octi.....
its just the lows thats decent....
the high's just dont come out...

i just love their HU's....the DSO function is really good

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek
because they know how to market their product.
they have a website
dams i need to travel 40 kms to locate jbl speakers in my city atleast.
and you never know if theyre original or KBL like DIONEERS.

Oh come on, everyone has a website, even Dhoom and Dhapchik and kokomoo.

You live in Kolkata and have to travel 40kms to find JBL? Now that's news to me... Do you live in the city centre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Oh come on, everyone has a website, even Dhoom and Dhapchik and kokomoo.

You live in Kolkata and have to travel 40kms to find JBL? Now that's news to me... Do you live in the city centre?

Could you show me a specific website for pioneer in india or for clarion for that matter?
or a jbl india website?

im not interested in the dhoom or dhapchik.

Sam, and just for the record, lets see what the JBL website says..

http://www.jbl.com/car/where_to_buy/...IN&Region=ASIA

so you might find it funny, but reality sucks.

and yes. everyone doesnot have a website, which caters to the indian customer.
cheers
AB

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek
http://www.jbl.com/car/where_to_buy/...IN&Region=ASIA

so you might find it funny, but reality sucks.

I cant see what sucks or is funny about this "SAHIL INTERNATIONAL Mumbai 91-22-23808221/0 91-22-23876931 sahil@fxaudio.com"

Sahil Intl. represents many Harman Intl. brands in India.

I think Aalaap's questions have been answered. Thread Closed. PM me if anyone has a valid related query.