Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2006, 21:08   #1
BANNED

AV setup for Innova

Hi Guys,

Need your help on a good AV setup for the Innova. Am listing below my requirements for the system.

1> DVD HU
2> Roof Mount Screen
3> Good set of Comps for the front
4> Good set of co-axials or comps for the rear.
5> Bass Tube
6> 4 channel amp for the speakers
7> 2 channel amp for the bass tube.

Car will be chauffer driven used for long outstation trips and yes movies will be seen. When in city will be used to drive kids to school(hip hop music) 1 hour drive each direction.

Total budget - Approx 50k can go higher but prefer not to.

Viper
Old 22nd August 2006, 23:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Viper, giving advice to you is like taking coal to New Castle!!! Anway, my suggestion regarding the HU is the Sony MEX-R1. I'm using it, am happy, has 3 pre-outs and plays Giga MP3. Quality of sound is very decent.
Old 23rd August 2006, 08:37   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
Hey Viper, giving advice to you is like taking coal to New Castle!!! Anway, my suggestion regarding the HU is the Sony MEX-R1. I'm using it, am happy, has 3 pre-outs and plays Giga MP3. Quality of sound is very decent.
Hey Man,

Why are you pulling my leg. This is not my area of expertise. Anyways no harm in taking suggestions.

Viper
Old 23rd August 2006, 09:20   #4
BHPian

hi Viper,

i too own a innova and i too have a Sony R1 DVD player in my car.. it is really gud HU, and i think the speakers that comes with the Innova are really of gud quality, coz after hearing to it, the electrician only adviced not to change since the quality of sound is really gud, and other things i have is an 2 channel sony Amp and a sony sub woofer, really it rocks when you watch a movie it sounds really like a home theater, and music smiply mind blowing..
Old 23rd August 2006, 09:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Viper

The MEX-R1 HU recommended by Jyobeb will do well for this application. Where are you going to keep a bass tube in the Innova. All the upper models have that last row bench seat which leaves no space for a bass tube, and the lower models have facing seats in the rear, again leaving no space for a bass tube unless you fold the seats up...
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

By the way, I bought the R1 for 11,000/- Just for your info. My screen is a NEXVOX 8269, fairly decent and a Sony XVM-W72, fabulous.
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:06   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hi Viper

The MEX-R1 HU recommended by Jyobeb will do well for this application. Where are you going to keep a bass tube in the Innova. All the upper models have that last row bench seat which leaves no space for a bass tube, and the lower models have facing seats in the rear, again leaving no space for a bass tube unless you fold the seats up...

Hi Gunbir,

I have not yet seen the car and do not know the variant. I guess will have to take a spot decision after seeing the space. Assuming there is no space for a Bass tube what would you suggest.

viper
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:18   #8
Team-BHP Support

Viper the Innova is a pin in the neck of a car for deep bass. It has little space for a sub and a huge cabin. double whammy. I would consider going isobarik. Use 2 12/15" subs coupled tightly together and power it with a big amp and you should be able to get decent tight bass in that cabin. B&T and GTO saw the beginings of such a sub being built in my Octy.

60K budget.
12K for DVD HU. MEX R1
7K for 4 ch amp. Pio 6100
10K for 1 pairs of coax and components
12K for 2 12" subs and isobarik box
12K for amp to power subs.
7K for 7" Necvox flip down roof mouted screen

Last edited by navin : 23rd August 2006 at 12:22.
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:21   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Viper the Innova is a pin in the neck of a car for deep bass. It has little space for a sub and a huge cabin. double whammy. I would consider going isobarik. Use 2 12/15" subs coupled tightly together and power it with a big amp and you should be able to get decent tight bass in that cabin. B&T and GTO saw the beginings of such a sub being built in my Octy.
Hey Navin,

My friend does not have that kind of a budget.

Viper
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi Gunbir,

I have not yet seen the car and do not know the variant. I guess will have to take a spot decision after seeing the space. Assuming there is no space for a Bass tube what would you suggest.

viper
A wedge shaped box usually fits well behind the last row of seats. I remember Driven did an iDQ15 in such a manner. Of course you would have to measure the floor space, seat angle and height available and then calculate the box dimensions as per the volume required by the subwoofer you want to use.
Old 23rd August 2006, 12:34   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My friend does not have that kind of a budget.
a good isobarik sub can cost as little as 12K with box. add an amp for another 12K and you are done for 25K with amp. see my post above. another option is to use woofers that require very small Vb. I think Hertz has a 12" model that needs only 0.5 cu. ft. Gunbir will know more.
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:10   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Need your help on a good AV setup for the Innova. Am listing below my requirements for the system.

1> DVD HU
2> Roof Mount Screen
3> Good set of Comps for the front
4> Good set of co-axials or comps for the rear.
5> Bass Tube
6> 4 channel amp for the speakers
7> 2 channel amp for the bass tube.

Car will be chauffer driven used for long outstation trips and yes movies will be seen. When in city will be used to drive kids to school(hip hop music) 1 hour drive each direction.

Total budget - Approx 50k can go higher but prefer not to.

Viper
Sir Viper!!!
Your config is really good. And you've got some nice suggestions too. You're sure lucky man! (Everybody has kept within your budget!!)

So, Lemme break it!
Sir, I would suggest you leave out the front stage. Yes, I mean it. If your car will always be a chauffer driven one, then it's better you keep the front stage on the middle seats. This way, you'll enjoy the movies better. And later you can go for a 5.1 setup too!
This way, you can place the components on the rear doors, co-axials behind the middle seats and the SUB can be placed as explained by GunbirJi.

If you insist on having a front stage on the front seats, then you should get components for the rear seats also as it is the area where the sound should be focused in your car.

I dunno if Gurus will agree, but this is what I felt after having some movie experience in my car.
Gurus! What do you have to say on this?

And I also think you should drop that basstube from your config and rather go in for a sealed box setup.

And cant you stretch the budget a bit and get a 5channel amp?? You'll be enjoying the movies in 5.1 setup with Dolby digital, DTS etc... And I can see that smile on your face!!

Last edited by speedzak : 23rd August 2006 at 18:15.
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:45   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Sir Viper!!!
Your config is really good. And you've got some nice suggestions too. You're sure lucky man! (Everybody has kept within your budget!!)

So, Lemme break it!
Sir, I would suggest you leave out the front stage. Yes, I mean it. If your car will always be a chauffer driven one, then it's better you keep the front stage on the middle seats. This way, you'll enjoy the movies better. And later you can go for a 5.1 setup too!
This way, you can place the components on the rear doors, co-axials behind the middle seats and the SUB can be placed as explained by GunbirJi.

If you insist on having a front stage on the front seats, then you should get components for the rear seats also as it is the area where the sound should be focused in your car.

I dunno if Gurus will agree, but this is what I felt after having some movie experience in my car.
Gurus! What do you have to say on this?

And I also think you should drop that basstube from your config and rather go in for a sealed box setup.

And cant you stretch the budget a bit and get a 5channel amp?? You'll be enjoying the movies in 5.1 setup with Dolby digital, DTS etc... And I can see that smile on your face!!

Hey,

Whats with the "Sir" bit man. Will definitely try out your suggestion sas well. Final decision belongs to my friend who owns the car. Budget not a constraint but he ideally would like to spend 50K. Little here and there no issues.

Viper
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:52   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Hey,

Whats with the "Sir" bit man. Will definitely try out your suggestion sas well. Final decision belongs to my friend who owns the car. Budget not a constraint but he ideally would like to spend 50K. Little here and there no issues.

Viper
We've got this habit of calling everybody SAAARE!!!! down in our state here. (Yes KERALA). It does'nt matter what or who the person is.
And Vipers are defenitely something we respect always.
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:13   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
We've got this habit of calling everybody SAAARE!!!! down in our state here. (Yes KERALA). It does'nt matter what or who the person is.
And Vipers are defenitely something we respect always.

Hmmmm,

In that case

Viper

Most Viewed