|23rd August 2006, 14:17||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
Needed some advice from all you experts out there. Have an ikon 1.6, wanted to put a new audio system in place. Budget is arnd 20 K.
Currently the car has a standard factory fitted 2 speakers and 1 HU.
Is it Possible to get a new HU + Rear speakers + Sub + Amp within my budget?
|23rd August 2006, 17:03||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Thanked: 6,598 Times
HU: 6K for a Sony
Speakers: 4K per pair for a pair of JBL CS series
Sub: 4K for a Pio 306C in a box
Amp: 5K for a sony 554
Wires: 2.5K for 2 pairs
so at the minimum you'd need 22K and that is assuming you keep your exsisting front speakers. Maybe you can get 2K for the old HU.
|17th November 2007, 11:45||#4|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 437 Times
I had a query for my Ikon 1.6 and so posting here.
We have a 2001 Ikon 1.6 which came with a Ford factory fitted system. I wish to upgrade :
1- make the unit CD compatible
2- Better quality needed from the speakers (in terms of bass mainly)
How shall i go about it, approx expenses?
|17th November 2007, 14:39||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 3 Times
|18th November 2007, 20:45||#6|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked: 70 Times
Need advice on ICE setup for Ford Ikon flair
I am buying Ford Ikon Flair and have many questions regarding the ICE setup. I am posting my query here since its also for Ikon. Really sorry if i am kijacking the thread
I would like to know what size of speakers i can fit in the front and rear.
I want clear music, no need for big boom.
So, after reading many threads on this forum, i thought of the following setup:
1. Pioneer 5950/6950 HU
2. Front Speakers: JBL GTO 607C
3. Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 637
I need expert advise on the following:
1. Can i fit the above mentioned speakers in Ford Ikon's stock holes? If not what are the others options?
2. Do i need a Amp to drive these speakers or the HU output will be sufficient?
3. I am planning to build the system slowly. First stage would be HU and Front speakers and my budget is 12-13k for these. Later (i mean after few months) i would like to add rear speakers and amp (if required) and may be can spend additional 8-10k. Is this approach ok or any other suggestions?
And last but not least, can somebody give information about reliable Car Audio dealers in Bangalore?
Thank you for all the help.