Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2006, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Hello all,

This is my first post here..
I just got a new Santro Xing...wanna fit decent quality rear speakers.
I got a Sony HU along with front speakers from the dealer.

Please give your valuable suggestions on the following:

1> IS there any good quality speakers which can be fitted in the provisions provided at the rear?

2> If I have to fit bigger speakers, then should I fit a wooden plank at the rear or is there any better way of doing so?

3> Which one is a better rear speaker for a santro?? My budget is arnd 5K..I am thinking of JBL

cheers..
Old 25th August 2006, 22:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

with 5K you can get a pair of 6" coax on a MDF tray (if you are looking at JBL) for 6K you could up those 6" to 6x9".
Old 25th August 2006, 22:26   #3
kdb
BHPian

1. The good quality speaker i recommend is the Pioneer TS-D691S, two way kevlar cone spekaers .. its the best thing i installed on my car..
[COLOR=#22229c][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#22229c]http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/c...91S/index.html[/COLOR]

2. these speakers are 6x9 so u need to get the customized tray .. I would recommend to go for the double wooden ply that makes virtually impossible for your tray to shake with the amazing lows these 350 Watt speakers can produce..

3. these would cost u around 4 - 4.5 K in grey market ..
Old 25th August 2006, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

this style can also be employed.....but little sealing the outer rim of the speaker from the top side for better results.....

Old 26th August 2006, 10:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

LBM that install would require more than sealing. It would require the plastic pod area to be strengthened and a gasket for the woofer ot enusre that persistent thumping wont loosen it from it's moorings.
Old 26th August 2006, 12:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
LBM that install would require more than sealing. It would require the plastic pod area to be strengthened and a gasket for the woofer ot enusre that persistent thumping wont loosen it from it's moorings.
ya a little work has to be done to sound them right but if done properly this will help a lot.....
Old 26th August 2006, 12:29   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

LBM bhai how big is that rear speaker ?
Old 26th August 2006, 12:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

the speaker is a pioneer 6x9 directly installed under the stock location.....
Old 26th August 2006, 13:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
the speaker is a pioneer 6x9 directly installed under the stock location.....
This car obviously has a subwoofer... why not just get a better set of 5.25" speakers for the stock locations... This install is just wrong. Pretty soon the stock plastic pod will give way inder the load and shall bend/break. There is no baffle to speak of. The speaker is literally playing in open air. And I'm sure it sounds terrible.
Old 26th August 2006, 14:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
This install is just wrong. Pretty soon the stock plastic pod will give way inder the load and shall bend/break. There is no baffle to speak of. The speaker is literally playing in open air. And I'm sure it sounds terrible.
the installation of the 6x9 is nearly one year old no breakage or damage seen till now...

I pointed out that a little sealing is required on the top side of the 6x9 so that it produce some lower freq....

this car has a sub also and the sound is not terrible and not so fine it is okay okay and the user is very happy with it......
Old 26th August 2006, 14:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
this car has a sub also and the sound is not terrible and not so fine it is okay okay and the user is very happy with it......
More power to him then... just not the way I would ever do it... but thats just my opinion.
Old 26th August 2006, 16:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

just get a 5.25" co-ax like gunbir recommended. I haev compos on a custom tray( steel rod underneath the tray) and etc etc. The damn thing rattles and hence I have to play music to kill that sound :(

6x9 sure would give good bass though...emm. I would suggest it if you wont get a sub for your car.

by the way, what do you have for the frnts?
Old 26th August 2006, 17:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

LBM, I hate the stock speaker locations in cars like the Santro (front & back), Skoda (back only) etc, where they provide this stupid molded plastic thing in the middle of nowhere and then expect you to put speakers on it.

And it's not only about the fact that you have a gap between the speaker's top surface and the bottom of that plastic thingy. Even if you sealed that bit out, you still have cancellation of the front and rear wave because nothing around that plastic faecal matter really provides for an air-tight fit.

I'm surprised your friend is happy, maybe you could be a gud boy and get him to get those moved onto the parcel tray instead. That way, atleast the frequency at which cancellation will start occurring can be pushed lower.
Old 27th August 2006, 14:28   #14
BHPian

thanks u all

thanks all of you for the suggestions.

I have installed JBL FTO936 speakers for the rear by adding a plank....then for little more, I have added sony 4-channel amp 504. The sound is now quite satisfactory.

Now, I have the following question:

I have a basic Sony HU CDX-S22...
Is there any need to change the HU to a pioneer /alpine?
Will there be a lot of difference in the clarity/sound output by changing the HU?

Any other suggestions to improve the sound clarity/crispness ?
Old 27th August 2006, 15:06   #15
BHPian

just to add up to my previos question:

I have sony 4" speakers in front? Should I change that? If yes, what are the options in the same size?

Also, right now, the amp is connected to the rear speakers? Should the front ones be also powered by the amp?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed