Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 08:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: MapMyIndia Lx345 Navigation Device

Three queries for MMI experts here, I have a LX345 device:

1) The unit when kept in the car gets heated quite fast. Will this have any long term effect on the electronics inside the unit.
2) At times the sun glare is too strong for anything on the display to be visible. Is there any hood or covering available to prevent this?
3) My MMI device was purchased in Sept 2015 and came with version 11. Now the latest version available is 13.1 with additional cities and roads covered. Planning to get the latest version from MMI store. Is version change process a cumbersome one, any tips I should be looking into before/after the version upgrade?

Inputs are more than welcome.
Old 18th January 2017, 08:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

The MMI version was upgraded yesterday to the latest 13.1 from the previous 11.1. The single map update plan purchase on MMI website was smooth process where they ask the required registration details. The update plan costed Rs 500. After registration and purchase, MMI sent a mail asking for the device details. Once sent, they sent the downloadable files (zip format) and the licence file. The way they put the procedure in the mail was confusing and complicated. But it is a simple straight forward process. Uploaded the new version into the device, yet to test the changes though.

It is important to take the back up of the older version before one attempts the upgrade
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 15:44   #63
BHPian

Can someone suggest a decent GPS in the price range of 4K to 6K please?
Old 14th October 2023, 21:43   #64
BHPian

Posting in a 6 year old thread but has anyone thought about loading openstreetmaps in the device?

I have my old device lying around and thought if it can be refreshed with openstreetmaps and if I just remove its battery, I can press the device in service again. OSM can be updated over microsd.
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 20:29   #65
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
I have my old device lying around and thought if it can be refreshed with openstreetmaps and if I just remove its battery, I can press the device in service again. OSM can be updated over microsd.
Even i have a GPS device, if u know anything can be done with it. Please let me know.

Most Viewed