Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 20:30   #31
BHPian

2016 Jetta came with Rcd510 or mib2 infotainment? If its RCD510, please make sure that it can take camera input.
Old 24th February 2021, 08:17   #32
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : VW Jetta

Jetta came only with RCD no Jettas in India have come with MIB, also depending on the manufacturer support for Reverse camera differs, RCD510 have been manufactured by both Delphi and Bosch, but only one of them support a reverse camera input, But I don't remember which one.
Old 24th February 2021, 08:36   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Jetta came only with RCD no Jettas in India have come with MIB
The MIB 2 system was introduced in the facelifts during 2016. Here’s one shared by a BHPian from the official review thread of the facelift.
ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-5239896053f94166ae966799e0362a3f.jpeg

Quote:
also depending on the manufacturer support for Reverse camera differs, RCD510 have been manufactured by both Delphi and Bosch, but only one of them support a reverse camera input, But I don't remember which one.
The Delphi variant. Here’s a pic of the rear of the Delphi unit with the mustard yellow 26-pin connector:

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-56bb2c0e56464c6398a19e0f246b3389.jpeg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th February 2021 at 08:59.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 10:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Jetta came only with RCD no Jettas in India have come with MIB, also depending on the manufacturer support for Reverse camera differs, RCD510 have been manufactured by both Delphi and Bosch, but only one of them support a reverse camera input, But I don't remember which one.
Well, that's not correct, 2016 version came with MIB2 infotainment, Android Auto and Apple Car play could be turned on via App-Connect. yes 26 pin input was not available on Delphi variants on 2015 model . So I am not sure if we can say Delphi has and Bosch doesnt have
Old 24th February 2021, 19:42   #35
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I have a 2014 Jetta comfortline, and badly need to upgrade my head unit. I have found a rcd340g for sale in India, but it's originally meant for a Skoda - would it be possible to retrofit the same onto my Jetta?

Any issues I should watch out for?

- Pavan
Old 24th February 2021, 19:43   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a 2014 Jetta comfortline, and badly need to upgrade my head unit. I have found a rcd340g for sale in India, but it's originally meant for a Skoda - would it be possible to retrofit the same onto my Jetta?

- Pavan
The green backlighting is the only issue you would face with the 340G from a Skoda and it will look like an absolute eyesore. I suggest you keep hunting for VW units. These aren't typically as hard to find as Skoda HUs.
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 18:55   #37

Hello,

I have a 2012 Jetta Comfortline. I want to upgrade my basic analogue head unit with something which allows bluetooth connection to my phone. Having android auto will be a huge boon. My problem is, none of my local mechanics know how to retain steering wheel controls while upgrading the head unit. (I live in Vellore, Tamilnadu). I am ok with even a simple, basic unit. Is it possible to retain steering wheel controls when I replace the head unit?
Old 27th April 2021, 19:42   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by @hamlet View Post
I am ok with even a simple, basic unit. Is it possible to retain steering wheel controls when I replace the head unit?
What is the budget you have set for this upgrade?

Current Pioneer/Kenwood/Sony HU's have the feature to retain and 'learn' the OEM steering wheel functions so that part shouldn't be an issue.
Old 14th May 2021, 11:55   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What is the budget you have set for this upgrade?

Current Pioneer/Kenwood/Sony HU's have the feature to retain and 'learn' the OEM steering wheel functions so that part shouldn't be an issue.
I have not set a budget but not looking for a very expensive option. My main requirement is retaining steering wheel controls. Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 16:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @hamlet View Post
Hello,

I have a 2012 Jetta Comfortline. I want to upgrade my basic analogue head unit with something which allows bluetooth connection to my phone. Having android auto will be a huge boon. My problem is, none of my local mechanics know how to retain steering wheel controls while upgrading the head unit. (I live in Vellore, Tamilnadu). I am ok with even a simple, basic unit. Is it possible to retain steering wheel controls when I replace the head unit?
If you want bluetooth functionality, there are plug in options (if you have an aux-in) & USB charging - like Tantra Fluke that give you bluetooth connectivity without changing your head unit.

I have been using one for almost 4 years now, no issues. Sound quality might be not as great as a directly plugged in unit, but if you're not an audiophile, it works well.

https://www.amazon.in/Tantra-Fluke-Pro-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00U76LX76

Pls note - I am no way associated with the brand. This has been my personal experience & hence sharing. I have used Tantra Fluke in both my OEM head unit for Grand Vitara & Outlander.
Old 10th May 2022, 15:16   #41
BHPian

Bumping this.

What options does someone have if their Jetta Comfortline (2015, facelifted) comes with RCD 320 but Android Auto is the need of the hour?

The wish is to the retain every single feature the current system offers - including the steering controls and the ability to adjust the brightness of the button backlight.

Context: Jetta has a knob that allows you to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster and all the backlit buttons in the car including power windows. The worry is that changing the HU might affect this.

Also, the car comes with 4 speakers in the front (of which 2 are tweeters). How difficult would it be to get 8 speakers? The Highline variant of this car came with 8 speakers. Upon being asked to upgrade to the stock Highline system, VW service declined.
ss212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 09:40   #42
BHPian

Guys, one of the front speakers of my 2014 Jetta Highline has developed some cracks and the sound has started to crackle. Now since I have to replace the components, need advise on which ones? I love the not so bright nature of the OEM Bosch components how ever can explore something better if I can get some rich mids and lows. Dont want the components to be noisy and high on treble.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Vinay
Old 9th June 2022, 10:00   #43
BHPian

[quote=vinayrathore;5333290] Now since I have to replace the components, need advise on which ones? I love the not so bright nature of the OEM Bosch components how ever can explore something better if I can get some rich mids and lows. Dont want the components to be noisy and high on treble.

Look into components from Morel, they usually are smooth at the top. Audible Physics components are also quite smooth at the top and are relatively easy to drive from the factory headunit. Focal, JBL would be bright
speedfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 18:12   #44
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 Jetta with RCD 320 which comes with speakers and tweeters only at the front. I have got the RCD 340 which I aim to install. I intend to take the help of the local VW ASS. I have a few questions w.r.t. this upgrade-

1. Will the call accept/reject button work with this upgrade? Hearing conflicting views.

2. Since my car came only with the front speakers and tweeters, I am wondering if my car has wiring provision for rear speakers and tweeters.

3. Can someone help me with the size of the rear speakers and tweeters? Speakers are 6.5 as per my research but unable to get the details of the rear tweeter. If let's say, the wiring is there in my car, how difficult will it be to fix aftermarket speakers and tweeters?

4. Any other tips w.r.t. this upgrade as a whole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Yes, there seems to be placeholders for the speakers in the rear doors and the rear parcel tray, but I dont know if the wiring is there or not. I will get it checked in the first service.
Were you able to check if wiring is present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Hi everyone,

- Pavan
Were you able to retrofit the 340g? Did your car come with speakers at the rear? If not, did you get the speakers and the twitters fitted at the rear? If yes, how so? Is wiring present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss212 View Post
Bumping this.

What options does someone have if their Jetta Comfortline (2015, facelifted) comes with RCD 320 but Android Auto is the need of the hour?

The wish is to the retain every single feature the current system offers - including the steering controls and the ability to adjust the brightness of the button backlight.

Context: Jetta has a knob that allows you to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster and all the backlit buttons in the car including power windows. The worry is that changing the HU might affect this.

Also, the car comes with 4 speakers in the front (of which 2 are tweeters). How difficult would it be to get 8 speakers? The Highline variant of this car came with 8 speakers. Upon being asked to upgrade to the stock Highline system, VW service declined.
Did you upgrade your system and the speakers/tweeters at the rear? If yes, can you elaborate and help me with my queries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The green backlighting is the only issue you would face with the 340G from a Skoda and it will look like an absolute eyesore. I suggest you keep hunting for VW units. These aren't typically as hard to find as Skoda HUs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please ask him to share a snap of the system indicating the climatronic display. I am yet to come across the RCD 330/340G HU indicating this display on a car with a dedicated gateway module (e.g. Jetta/Yeti/Laura etc).
I have read multiple posts as per which, activating rear camera on a Jetta CL with the RCD330/340 is for all practical purpose, impossible. Do we have any new developments on this? Any inputs on my other queries shall be helpful as well.

P.S.- @Gannu- Eagerly awaiting your Jazz ownership thread.
Old 18th July 2023, 11:42   #45
BHPian

Sorry, I checked it quite some time ago and the wiring is not present. I did not want to take out the door panels and check, but checked the loom going through the back of the system and any wires going through the B pillar to the back door and found no speaker wires. I also wanted to upgrade the head unit to a 330g or 340 and also add rear speakers but never got around to it.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks