Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 16:18   #1

I am new to the forum and posted this question in one of the threads on the 276th page. After exploring more I found the ICE page and posting this again. Please excuse me if this is not allowed in the forum.

I am planning to buy a Skoda Octavia Rider and the dealer has suggested 2 rear speakers as an add-on. He is quoting Blaupunkt speakers for Rs 5000/-.

Is this the right brand? What would be the best option in this case?
Is JBL better than Blaupunkt and if so how much more expensive it would be?
Am I better off getting this fitted with the dealer or with someone else?
Any other suggestions?
Old 28th August 2006, 16:35   #2
BHPian

Hi avellat
welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place, I am not going to suggest the speakers, I will let the seniors on this forum do that, but I am going to suggest the following:
- DOnt buy from the dealer as they generally charge you higher prices than that those available outside.
- Even if he does not charge you a huge premium, I still have to come across a dealer who has a decent ICE installer.

I recommend that you go to a professional installer and source your equipment from there or atleast find out costs outside before you confirm to your dealer.
Old 28th August 2006, 16:48   #3
Team-BHP Support

avellat, I did not see your post on page 276 but i did see one on page 279which i deleted since this was a duplicate.

I have an Octavia too and mine came with rear speakers (which I upgraded but that is another story) I wonder why your dealer is not offering you rear speakers as standard.

Blaupunkt's Velocity series is not bad but I have not been too happy with their GTO series. On 3 different occasions with 3 different friends their JBL's CS series have been prefered to Blau's GTO. Still I would advise auditioning both as well as others.

There is no right brand. Some are built better some are not and here we can offer you some advice. some are liked more by the members on this forum but that does no mean that their word should be taken as the gospel truth.

Go to a couple of car audio shops. see what they have for a listen. compare a few brands and prices. then go back to your dealer and tell him your preference and what you expect to pay for them. If he can meet these let him install the speakers if not go to the car audio shop of your preference.

There are quite a few nice 5" speakers you can put in the rear. The Octy even has room for component tweeters in the rear.

BTW, this is OT but what HU is the dealer giving you? Just for my information.
Old 29th August 2006, 14:19   #4

Thanks very much for the response Jinu and Navin.

Navin,

I am told that only the speakers in front are standard! TAFE is giving me Alpine CD player (with MP3) which I am told is standard. I will check out a few shops as you suggested and go back to them. What are the options available in Bangalore (dealers)? I need to refer to the 'Market place' section?
Old 29th August 2006, 17:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

I dont know Bangalore. We used to have a sweet but pesky kid from Bangalore who could answer this but he sorta disappeared. SO maybe others from the "garden" city can help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks