Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 14:18   #1
DRC
BHPian

Super HU! Check out an interesting gadget

All, I was browsing through the Pioneer site without a reason. And stumbled upon this product of theirs..
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...unit=AVIC%20Z1

This has almost everything a car enthusiast can ask for..
Audio/Video DVD, AM/FM, Sat reciever, 30GB hard drive, Ipod interface, touch screen, Navigation, voice instruction, traffic info, GPS, car performance info systm,... what not...

Have a look, and comment what you think.
Old 31st August 2006, 15:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Dude this reminds me of my cellphone. Some 12-15 years ago I had a Siemens S4. It made great phone calls. Now I got a Windows phone called the Atom. It is a bomb in every sense. It can take pictures, make calls, I can even read my Excel files on it, but the phone is unclear (compared to the 15 year ofl Siemens) and is an abomination.

Can you imagine navigating though that menu everytime you want to listen to a CD.

As usual the younger amongst you will adapt easily while we oldies take more time to cue up the music than driving to our destiations.
Old 31st August 2006, 15:44   #3
DRC
BHPian

Navin, I had similar experiences earlier with the phones as well as other gadgets.. Let me mention a funny one! I bought a LG boom box which could play DVD mp3 etc....Paid around 7K, later I found I can not switch the folders in an MP3 cd unless I connect it to a TV. Unfortunately I do not have a TV at home. However, I never had this problem with my Pioneer HU in my car. Pioneer HU are one of the user friendliest interfaces I have seen.

I also had a look at the demo, on usage in the site (flash), They do look quite simple and there are easy short cuts.
Old 31st August 2006, 16:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

Speaking of Head units, I just saw an ad for the Sony MEX-1GP.

The removeable faceplate has a USB slot and 1 GB built in Memory! What a terrific idea and something other manufacturers should catch up on.

But, being a Sony, its priced way too high - Rs.19,990!
Old 31st August 2006, 16:27   #5
BHPian

This is another product getting very popular in US, One of its use is that can also use it as an enclosure of your Laptop Harddisk.
Can play anything to everything
http://www.supermediastore.com/galax...T.mc_id=cjtext
cheers
Old 31st August 2006, 17:00   #6
BANNED

I just dont want something like this. Just a nice HU with simple controls will do my job. Video, graphics etc. can stay at the back for the passengers to enjoy. I even put my HU's dolphins etc.. to death. I dont like too much graphics in the HU. But, it's a nice thing to show off!

I've got myself a Pioneer P80RS HU which has no fancy animation/graphics. Only a line which gives adequate info of current activities.
Old 31st August 2006, 17:03   #7
DRC
BHPian

One of the reasons I got interested in this gadget is that it has performance info system built in it..Just like G-tech pro.. Can show real time accn, lateral and accn Gs, true speed, even battery voltage!
Old 31st August 2006, 17:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I've got myself a Pioneer P80RS HU which has no fancy animation/graphics..
How much did you pay for the HU?

regards,
ant.
Old 1st September 2006, 14:02   #9
BHPian

hi speedzak congrats for the great hu .please give us a review and what about the sq compared to your 7750 or 8850.lol
Old 1st September 2006, 16:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Speaking of Head units, I just saw an ad for the Sony MEX-1GP.

The removeable faceplate has a USB slot and 1 GB built in Memory! What a terrific idea and something other manufacturers should catch up on.

But, being a Sony, its priced way too high - Rs.19,990!
More than a month ago, the local Xplod distributor showed to me and Airfoil this system. If i remember right, he quoted 18K for this HU.
Old 1st September 2006, 22:23   #11
BHPian

mex 1gp is a crappy unit as compared to pio.it has a very basic sq and no features.not even worth 9-10k.
Old 2nd September 2006, 16:21   #12
BHPian

With these highend HU from Pioneer, there is no worry over it being User Friendly! i am using the Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD from past one year, with similar functions, and can tell u , it the easiest thing to go around knowing what is where.

Pioneer is like the Nokia of mobiles when it comes to Userfriendly menus. (nokia quality is CRAP!)
Old 4th September 2006, 12:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
However, I never had this problem with my Pioneer HU in my car. Pioneer HU are one of the user friendliest interfaces I have seen.
YOu bet My Sony HI-FI at home has big remote with loads of buttons but they cant do simple stuff which my HU's remote does with far less buttons & far more convenience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks