Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2022, 12:43   #16
BHPian

Tata Zest ICE Upgrade

Hi All,

I have searched the Car Audio Advice Thread, but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Posted in that thread as well, but there was no reply.

As I have only few days left in Hyderabad, wanted to resolve the issues before leaving. Please feel free to merge this post to any existing thread as I am new here and still navigating my way around.

So I have below audio setup in my Tata Zest now:
Front Speakers - Focal RSE-165 Component
Rear Speakers - Morel Maximo 6 MKII Component
Amplifier - JBL Club 704 - 4 channels
Sub - Blaupunkt XLf 10A - Under seat active sub
Stereo - Sony XAV5500
Car Damping - Done

So, I have just installed the sub last week and somehow it has messed up the whole system. I was generally happy with my system but felt that sometimes it lacks the punch in few songs.
I have installed the sub from Twisters in Hyderabad (Jubilee). Now the bass is very overpowering and somehow the quality of the vocals and others instruments has diminished.

I tried tuning - by setting the HPF on amp that powers the speakers and setting LPF on sub but somehow sub is still overpowering and music is not clear.

So, I was checking the whole wiring and found out below:

1. For Speakers - Connection is taken for HI output and not from RCA connections. After taking connection from the wire, an RCA Line High to low converter has been installed and then RCA cables are used to input to JBL amp.
---- My question is , whether directly connecting the RCA cables to the destined RCA port in the stereo will improve any sound quality?

2. For Sub output, what Twisters audio person has done is that he has taken output from the rear HI speaker cables and not the dedicated Sub port on the stereo. Now, the rear HI speaker wire powers both rear speaker (input to JBL amp) as well as Sub.
--- If I remove that connection and try to directly connect with RCA wire, will it make a difference?

3. For JBL amp, we have installed the 4 gauge amplifier kit (setup done in Punjab) but here even when I asked them to install the amp wire kit they said no need and directly used the 10 gauge wire. Sometimes, there is also thump sound from subwoofer while starting the car.
-- Is the 10 gauge wire good enough for 500-600 watts max power? Should I get an amplifier kit with maybe 8 gauge at least? Will that reduce noise?

4. I usually listen to Bollywood/Punjabi music usually in low volume and prefer a crisp bass, but right now the bass is very boomy and gives headache even on low volume after sometime.
--- Can anyone suggest a good car audio shop in Hyderabad which I can go and they can do these changes and tuning in good way.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed