Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 18:56   #31
SRM
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz

Hey. Yeah a little late, nonetheless thanks for the reply. I was comparing the SanDiego with the Mapmyindia ICENAV 101 system and eventually got the mapmyindia system 2 weeks back! And its been working superb and exceeded my expectations so far!
Old 16th June 2016, 17:22   #32
BHPian

Hello adimicra!!!

I got to see your thread when I need it the most. I am buying a Scorpio S4+ 4wd and have zeroed down to Blaupunkt Las Vegas and San Diego. The major difference between them is the navigation facility I guess.

The price difference is 10000 between these two models. I also want my rear view cam output in the HU itself.

Would you suggest me to go for the San Diego with an additional premium of 10000 over Las Vegas for the navigation system? Also it would be very helpful if you can recommend me about speakers.

Regards

Saubhik
Old 24th March 2017, 13:10   #33
BHPian

Hi,

I got the new honda jazz. I dont want to upgrade the player but only the door speakers and maybe add an amp.

1) Is it possible to add an amp to the existing player?
2) Are there any good recommendations on which speakers really sound good and fit the existing door speakers?

Has anyone done this? Please do advise.

Thanks!

Amit

Last edited by originalamit : 24th March 2017 at 13:24.
Old 15th October 2017, 10:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am getting the new Jazz V CVT.

- What is the speaker size?
- What amp is recommended?
- Sub?

I listen to eclectic music but largely Classic Rock, Western Classical & Tamil Film Songs.
Old 11th June 2019, 11:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I am getting the new Jazz V CVT.

- What is the speaker size?
- What amp is recommended?
- Sub?

I listen to eclectic music but largely Classic Rock, Western Classical & Tamil Film Songs.
Hi - saw that you upgraded your setup here (Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City).

Just wanted to confirm if the speaker size is 6.5 inches? and we can use aftermarket coaxial / component speakers of that size? could you please let know?
Old 11th June 2019, 13:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I had got the ICE system in my Jazz upgraded about a year ago. I had a Ground Zero (GZ) speakers + GZ 4 channel amplifier + a GZ subwoofer in my (then) other car which was Fiat Punto and I was very happy with the setup. Finally after a few years of surviving with the stock ICE in the Jazz, I decided to upgrade it and port the GZ amplifier and subwoofer into the new setup. Unfortunately the amplifier had given me some problem before porting it over and I got it fixed but after the setup again it threw up some issues and again I got it fixed by the installer. Finally I gave up and bought a new 4 channel Sony amplifier later.

I had hunted around the Cochin market and finally went with the one shop which had the largest selection - Galaxy. The prices on speakers and head units were very competitive and below MRP but they make their money on the wiring and other stuff. I decided to go in for Morel Maximo Ultra 602 components in the front and Morel Maximo coaxials in the rear. They are both 6 1/2 inch speakers and those spacer rings were used. I was a little undecided on the head unit and was shown 2 options in my price range. I went in for the JVC KW M24BT. I wanted bluetooth integration and the ability to control the head unit from the steering wheel dial and good visibility while reversing. Here are a few pictures of the install.

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_110748.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_110926.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_110959.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_112501.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_113618.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_115120.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_115248.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_125048.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_152247.jpg

ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20180629_173158.jpg

Installation Notes
The installation was terribly slow, I went in at around 10:15 and got out at 20:30! The OEM reverse camera output looked terrible once the JVC headunit was installed and they had to swap it out for an aftermarket one. They were sure all day that the output would be great with the stock reverse camera. The Fiat Punto installation took less than half that time and had almost the same setup except that it was a single DIN vs double DIN here. Post installation, the guy in charge of the sound settings came and worked his "magic" and it was terrible! I left the setting unchanged for a couple of days. Anyway the speakers had to break in and my wife even asked me, "Did we spend so much money on a sound system that doesnt sound so good?" Anyways, I had to tune it myself later and things were much better after that. I learnt the hard way that any sound system, however expensive or cheap it is, will be no good unless it is tuned properly!

They also left a lot of wires and a knife blade in my car as well. Poor attention to detail overall. There were a couple of issues later. The amplifier had some issues which took time to identify and there was a high pitch whine that kept increasing as the accelerator was pressed. I wasnt too happy with the response from the installers. They werent keen on troubleshooting the issues and were more interested in spending their time on other builds. And somewhere in the installation process, something went wrong because of which the right side one touch power window button takes the window up and brings it down by a couple of inches. I have to hold it manually to ensure it goes back up fully They werent able to fix it and I have learnt to live with it.

Sound Output
Overall Im very happy with the sound output, it really comes into its own when listening to rock music at good volumes. I can listen to it continuously for a few hours (not at high volumes though) before needing a rest for my ears. I love listening to Pink Floyd's The Division Bell album as well as the Foo Fighters on this setup. Easier listening like Willie Nelson and the Eagles sound lovely as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 13:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I had got the ICE system in my Jazz upgraded about a year ago.
Questions:

Could you please post images on where you placed the front tweeters?

Where are the crossovers placed?

Did you need damping?

Why are the spacer rings used ?
Old 11th June 2019, 14:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Questions:

Sure, Ill share pictures of the tweeters in a bit.

Quote:
Im not sure about the crossovers.

Quote:
Did you need damping?
Yes, damping was done for all 4 doors, I feel it is a necessary part of installations especially if you are planning for an amplifier to boost the sound output from yours speakers.

Quote:
I dont recall why exactly the spacers are used, am pretty sure it was in place for my Punto install as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 14:23   #39
BANNED

Quote:
I don't recall why exactly the spacers are used, am pretty sure it was in place for my Punto install as well.
Maybe for clearance from the window channel as the aftermarket speakers are larger in size than OEM ones so to avoid window movement a spacer is added and the speaker is brought outwards.

Also, another advantage of installing the spacers helps in having an air gap between the door (metal) and the speaker magnet that would result in better air movement around the voice coil that in turn brings out better sound quality and also helps in cooling the voice coil.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 05:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi - saw that you upgraded your setup here (Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City).

Just wanted to confirm if the speaker size is 6.5 inches? and we can use aftermarket coaxial / component speakers of that size? could you please let know?
I am not a 100% sure but I think 6.5" is fine

Yes I have components in the front & coax on the rear
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 20:02   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz-20190612_140102_hdr.jpg
Hope this helps.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Maybe for clearance from the window channel as the aftermarket speakers are larger in size than OEM ones so to avoid window movement a spacer is added and the speaker is brought outwards.

Also, another advantage of installing the spacers helps in having an air gap between the door (metal) and the speaker magnet that would result in better air movement around the voice coil that in turn brings out better sound quality and also helps in cooling the voice coil.
Sounds right!
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 14:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope this helps.
That's the tweeter placement , I was asking about the crossovers.
crossovers should be small box on each side where there is 1 input from the HU and 2 outputs , 1 each for the tweeter & mids.

Last edited by blackasta : 13th June 2019 at 14:41.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 16:06   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Questions:

Quote:
Sure, Ill share pictures of the tweeters in a bit.
Quote:
Hope this helps.
Quote:
Quote:
Im not sure about the crossovers.
Quote:
That's the tweeter placement , I was asking about the crossovers.
Rearranged the posts now. Im not sure about the location of the crossovers. Even I was thinking about it after you asked and couldnt recall where they have installed it.
Old 13th June 2019, 16:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rearranged the posts now. Im not sure about the location of the crossovers. Even I was thinking about it after you asked and couldnt recall where they have installed it.
No problem, they probably have installed them near the footwells or inside the door pads.
The reason I asked is to understand if the Jazz's door pads / door has suitable screw holes etc to support installing crossovers there.

Last edited by blackasta : 13th June 2019 at 16:29.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 17:08   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Im not sure about the location of the crossovers. Even I was thinking about it after you asked and couldnt recall where they have installed it.
Most installers mount the crossovers inside the door pads on the inner side of the inner skin of the door at a place that doesn't restrict glass movement and is accessible if any adjustment is required.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks