Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 16:38   #16
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
I'm going to audition the Infinity reference series, as most people said they run off the stock HU just fine.
If the sound isn't to my liking, I'll go ahead with Focals + an amp. All will happen tomorrow evening, I'm guessing. Car comes to me in the afternoon.
By Audition I hope you dont mean on the shop speaker board.

So you havent received the car yet?

If I were you I would give it at least couple of weeks before i rip apart the OEM speakers. In this way I would clearly know the difference and what I gained from the upgrade and what was actually missing. I mean like do it right the first time.

Good luck bro. Enjoy your new car...
Old 28th October 2015, 17:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm going to audition the Infinity reference series, as most people said they run off the stock HU just fine.
If the sound isn't to my liking, I'll go ahead with Focals + an amp. All will happen tomorrow evening, I'm guessing. Car comes to me in the afternoon.
Hi , welcome on this forum as well . What GTO said is right. I believe you will be happy with the OEM speakers if it is the same as the Verna speakers, the only thing I found lacking was the BASS and little bit of SQ.

Just remember when you take this path of SQ , you better get ready to spend a lot of cash. And there really is no use putting budgets if you are after true SQ.

Get the car first , listen to it and see what you need to add , maybe just an amp and sub will do. If you plan to do it step by step it will work out better and cheaper.
Old 28th October 2015, 20:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post
By Audition I hope you dont mean on the shop speaker board.

So you havent received the car yet?

If I were you I would give it at least couple of weeks before i rip apart the OEM speakers. In this way I would clearly know the difference and what I gained from the upgrade and what was actually missing. I mean like do it right the first time.

Good luck bro. Enjoy your new car...
Getting it tomorrow afternoon. FINALLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hi , welcome on this forum as well . What GTO said is right. I believe you will be happy with the OEM speakers if it is the same as the Verna speakers, the only thing I found lacking was the BASS and little bit of SQ.

Just remember when you take this path of SQ , you better get ready to spend a lot of cash. And there really is no use putting budgets if you are after true SQ.

Get the car first , listen to it and see what you need to add , maybe just an amp and sub will do. If you plan to do it step by step it will work out better and cheaper.
I've been on the forum for quite a while. I'm mostly a lurker though .

I'll give it a listen. But I will most probably upgrade the speakers at least, if not go all in for higher end speakers + amp.
Old 28th October 2015, 22:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not much of a crazy audiophile, but I do like good SQ. Eg. I use Beyerdynamic DT990 Headphones at home with a decent DAC,
Sorry I couldn't not comment. This is the first time I've heard of a fellow Indian using/knowing Beyerdynamic. Which DAC are you using and do you have an amp as well?. For the headphones I mean?
Old 29th October 2015, 10:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Sorry I couldn't not comment. This is the first time I've heard of a fellow Indian using/knowing Beyerdynamic. Which DAC are you using and do you have an amp as well?. For the headphones I mean?
Using a 2009 Zero DAC (which includes a Headphone amp) with upgraded op-amps (LT1364 + LM4562). The DT990 is the 250 Ohm version, not the 600 Ohm.
I'm not sure I'm allowed to post forum links that head out from TeamBHP, but if I am, all the op-amp combos I tried are listed here (if it's not allowed, just delete the link admins) > http://www.erodov.com/forums/zero-da...ons/17652.html
Old 31st October 2015, 18:11   #21
BHPian

All the technicalities you guys are talking about is just alien to me. But I am in a same dilemma for my 4th Gen Honda City. The Sound Quality of the Stock unit is fairly acceptable by OEM standards, but then there a feeling for a little something extra. I would say that there's that punch factor missing in the Sound Quality.

I was thinking about getting a Sub-woofer with an Amplifier connected to the existing head unit. I am not sure how much would it help to give me that punch factor I am looking for.

My Current setup is listening music through iphone connected by bluetooth. iphone Equaliser is set on Rock. I tried Bass Booster on the iphone Equaliser but Rock felt better. There isn't much to play on the Stock Head Unit of the Honda City. It only has controls for Bass & treble adjustment.

Any Advise?
Old 31st October 2015, 19:40   #22
BHPian

I guess according to the forum policy you need to Start another threat or do a search for this matter add it has been already discussed. For a starter you can do that. .. get a decent amp and sub. Don't just start with a crazy prefab box and low powered amp. Get atleast 500w rms amp and a matching sub. A mono amp with remote bass control knob and phase control.

Listen it for few days and then take it from there.
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:05   #23

Quote:
Getting it tomorrow afternoon. FINALLY.

I've been on the forum for quite a while. I'm mostly a lurker though .

I'll give it a listen. But I will most probably upgrade the speakers at least, if not go all in for higher end speakers + amp.
Hello Ad1tya, I have recently bought a Hyundai Creta and I am not satisfied with the OEM sound quality. I too am looking to upgrade the speakers at least and the HU too if possible.

I just wanted to ask if you did do your upgrades and if so what you did. What new equipment did you get and how does it sound now?Any details you could provide would be greatly helpful.
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Using a 2009 Zero DAC (which includes a Headphone amp) with upgraded op-amps (LT1364 + LM4562). The DT990 is the 250 Ohm version, not the 600 Ohm.
I'm not sure I'm allowed to post forum links that head out from TeamBHP, but if I am, all the op-amp combos I tried are listed here (if it's not allowed, just delete the link admins) > http://www.erodov.com/forums/zero-da...ons/17652.html
Did you go ahead with the install? Have you considered adding an underseat woofer like the Blaupunkt XLF200A? Might not have a showy bass, but should be par for the course if all you're looking for is a little low end boost.
Old 21st March 2016, 23:47   #25
BHPian

Guys need help. I have booked my creta and expect delivery next month hopefully. Plan to upgrade speakers and add an amp too.
However, been told that stock HU won't be able to work on this model and supply enough power. Read pre outs.
And thus a DSP may be needed. Pls advise if this is true, why is it needed and inputs.
Idea is not to go overboard. And define a budget and stick to it.
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
... been told that stock HU won't be able to work on this model and supply enough power. Read pre outs. ...
It is not an issue of "supply enough power". If there are no Pre-outs in the stock HU, one just has to use an LOC (Line Output Converter, costs about 2K or less) to connect the HU to the amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
... And thus a DSP may be needed. Pls advise if this is true, why is it needed and inputs.
Idea is not to go overboard. And define a budget and stick to it.
A DSP is required to fine tune the sound of the system, but it is not an absolute must (especially since the solution for no Pre-outs is to use an LOC, not a DSP). A DSP doesn't come cheap, though the biggest advantage of having one is the Time Alignment feature. Avoid it for the time being. Put it when you are fully aware of the capabilities of your system with an amp, and are also aware of what is better.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 09:05   #27
BHPian

I've booked a Petrol Base version of the Creta, which doesn't come with any ICE

Need suggestions on what head unit to go for, something with an Integrated display for a reverse camera

Thanks in advance
Old 11th September 2016, 23:52   #28
BHPian

I took delivery of my SX+ AT CRDI last month on Aug 25th. The CRETA is my daily drive to the office, approx 70KM to and fro. The OEM Speakers are good but something was missing.
Yesterday i visited a friend to check out his new Honda Jazz Automatic.
When he turned on the radio, the Jazz audio felt alive.
This made me feel more than anything that the audio setup of the CRETA needed a boost.

So went over to Sachin's AutoShop in Kormangala today.
I was looking for an under the seat Subwoofer, ie Blaupunkt XLF200 A.
He had the XLF200 A priced at 12500/-. Looked good and had good reviews. He then showed me the the Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A.(mini active subwoofer box) Priced at Rs 9000/- (inclusive of installation). The Creta's boot had some space to spare and decided on the GTb 8200A.
I also did a spot decision to upgrade the front speaker and twitter with a branded component system.
As had budgeted approx 15k for the ICE upgrade.

There were three options in my price range.
1. Blaupunkt GT 260W (Rs 3500)
2. JBL 300W (i forgot the price but around 4 or 4.5)
3. Infinity - Reference 6500CX -270W (RS 5500)

I went for the Infinity Components

Total Install took around 2 hours.
GTb 8200 - RS 9000/-
Infinity 6500CX - RS 5500/-
Spacer Rings- RS 200/-
Total cost: 14700

Final result is Boom Boom

I do not think they used a LOC for the GTb 8200A from the OEM Headunit.
The reason is this Active Sub has an High Input option.

I have taken a few pictures of the OEM 7" AVN for reference.
Interesting part i saw a Windows CE sticker. So is the OS on this unit Windows CE?

I would highly recommend Creta owners to upgrade to Branded Components. There is a difference.

OEM 7" AVN
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-resize_avn.jpg

Rear View
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-resize_avnrear.jpg

Top View
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-resize_avntop-map.jpg

GTb8200 A
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-resizegtb8200a-creta.jpg
yajaman99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 11:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
So went over to Sachin's AutoShop in Kormangala today.
I was looking for an under the seat Subwoofer, ie Blaupunkt XLF200 A.
He had the XLF200 A priced at 12500/-. Looked good and had good reviews. He then showed me the the Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A.(mini active subwoofer box) Priced at Rs 9000/- (inclusive of installation). The Creta's boot had some space to spare and decided on the GTb 8200A.
I also did a spot decision to upgrade the front speaker and twitter with a branded component system.
As had budgeted approx 15k for the ICE upgrade.
Hi,

This setup gives me some hope as whomever I contacted, they gave a quote not less than 60k. I have some questions, hope you can answer them.

1. Are you running the front comps directly from HU?
2. Were there any wire cuttings for installing sub.
3. And, mainly are you by chance stay/work close to Marathahalli? I would love to audition your setup before I jump in to ICE. I have a Feb bought S-cross and thinking of upgrading my ICE, but as I mentioned earlier the initial quotes were too much for me.

Thanks in advance
girish
Old 12th September 2016, 13:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

1. Are you running the front comps directly from HU?
2. Were there any wire cuttings for installing sub.
3. And, mainly are you by chance stay/work close to Marathahalli? I would love to audition your setup before I jump in to ICE. I have a Feb bought S-cross and thinking of upgrading my ICE, but as I mentioned earlier the initial quotes were too much for me.

Thanks in advance
girish
Hi Girish

1. Are you running the front comps directly from HU? Yes, this also had wires being cut/spliced in order to attach the Components

2. Were there any wire cuttings for installing sub ? Yes again. They had to remove the OEM HU and attach the subs wire to the speaker out.

3. I work in Whitefield - GRTP.

Now the cost of 60K is very much possible depending on the hardware they are offering you.
Would this void warranty? May be but when the dealer does the same and charge extra it does not. So i went this way anyway.
I had checked with Trident and he was charging rs 17000 for the XLF 200A under the seat sub and rs 10000 for components.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 12th September 2016 at 14:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks