Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta

Hello Everyone,

I will be taking the delivery of My Creta SX+ on the coming Saturday, just one week away form now.

I do take the car out for pretty long drives and music on the go is very important for me. I have tested the system provided by Hyundai and it's average at best.

I would like to change speakers and add an amplifier or two with the existing HU. Sound quality is the most important thing for me but I have a 21 year old nephew who drives the car too, so I guess I would like a nice set-up which can be tweaked according to the driver.

I won't mind spending close to 50K for the set-up and would like something that looks factory fit and doesn't really protrude out. Boot space isn't important to me at all and won't mind if the subwoofer needs to sit there. In fact, it'll be better if the entire system including the AMP can go in the boot.

I would also like to mention that I have one JBL Sub - CS1200BSI and also have a JBL AMP that I took of the Verna that I have just sold I would like to use them if I can.

It'll be really great if someone can guide me on the kind of set-up I should have. I'm pretty clueless on these things and need all the help I can get.
Old 22nd October 2016, 12:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi_chd View Post
I will be taking the delivery of My Creta SX+ on the coming Saturday, just one week away form now.

I would like to change speakers and add an amplifier or two with the existing HU.

I won't mind spending close to 50K for the set-up and would like something that looks factory fit and doesn't really protrude out.

I would also like to mention that I have one JBL Sub - CS1200BSI and also have a JBL AMP that I took of the Verna that I have just sold I would like to use them if I can.
If you already have a sub-woofer and an amplifier all you need to is add another 4 channel amplifier, a power wiring kit, and front and rear speakers.

I do not know if the Creta can accommodate component speakers in the front.

Speaker Brands to consider: DLS, Focal, Morel, JBL, JL Audio
Amplifier brands: JL Audio, JBL, Focal, Pioneer, Kenwood.

Your budget would look something like this:
Front component Speakers 6-7k
rear speakers 4-5k
amplifier 10-12k
power wiring kit: 2k
You should all done in 30K

If you want to spend more I would consider better front speakers and a more powerful amplfier. The same brands have higher ranges of speakers available.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 12:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

I do not know if the Creta can accommodate component speakers in the front.

If you want to spend more I would consider better front speakers and a more powerful amplfier. The same brands have higher ranges of speakers available.
Navin Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

I will check the space availability with the local vendors.

You suggested looking at better speaker for the front which I would definitely consider as SQ is very important for me.
Someone suggested that I need to get a separate equaliser without which the clarity will not be the same. Is this true ?
Also, should I got for damping in the door to avoid rattles in the future? If yes, which brands to consider and how much should it cost ?
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Navin Sir,

I will check the space availability with the local vendors.

?
Hi Ravi_chd, Congrats on the Creta.
The Creta's 7" AVN HeadUnit is a decent system. The speakers are a different story. The front does accommodate components, i got my Creta's front speakers setup changed to a Infinity Reference 6500CX along with an Active Sub.
Navin's recommendation is spot on.
As for a dedicated Equalizer i feel it is good idea, the 7"AVN has only 4 preset options. So one is limited to those 4.
Wishing you loads of smiles for all of your upcoming miles.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 22nd October 2016 at 18:33.
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi Ravi_chd, Congrats on the Creta.

As for a dedicated Equalizer i feel it is good idea, the 7"AVN has only 4 preset options. So one is limited to those 4.
Hey Mate,
Thanks for the info as well as for the wishes.

I will definitely go ahead with changing to components and will add another amp. About the equaliser, do you know any options to choose from?

I'm getting utterly confused at this stage. I have booked a SX+ Diesel and I'm now wondering if I'm going to feel short of features after driving the Verna with a whole lot of them. A car costing as much as 15 Lakhs should at least have had leather treatment on the steering, request sensor on the passenger side, etc.

How are you feeling with your Creta? Do you think you have made a wise decision? Fact is though, there's hardly any better option out there to choose from at this price point.
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Mate,
Thanks for the info as well as for the wishes.
How are you feeling with your Creta? Do you think you have made a wise decision? Fact is though, there's hardly any better option out there to choose from at this price point.
I do not know of any separate equalizer but i am sure if you go to a reputed Audio dealer he will give you the options.
I have been driving the AT CRDI for close to two months and I am loving it. Are features missing , the answer is YES. Do i regret my choice, NO.
Not to hijack the ICE Thread, but i do miss the Electrochormatic Rear View Mirror and auto headlights from my previous ride I20 Asta CRDI.
OT : Did you consider going for the SX(O)
Old 24th October 2016, 09:03   #37
BHPian

OT : Did you consider going for the SX(O)[/quote]

Yes did consider it. The waiting in Chandigarh is far too long for it so I've decided to go to ahead with the SX+.

I'm taking delivery on Saturday and will go straight to Car Life. They are one of the best in the city for ICE upgrades.

I also want to see if I can find one of those trays that goes in the boot and holds up the amp and other stuff. In an ideal world, I wouldn't want the amp to be positioned under the seat. Let's see how things go.

Thanks for your help though. Hopefully I will write a complete initial ownership review very soon.
Old 24th October 2016, 11:23   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin Sir,

Someone suggested that I need to get a separate equaliser without which the clarity will not be the same. Is this true ?
Also, should I got for damping in the door to avoid rattles in the future? If yes, which brands to consider and how much should it cost ?
Damping is the single most VFM upgrade you can do to your car. Expect to spend about 2-3k per door if you are using good BUTYL RUBBER damping such as Dynamat Extreme.

If you have a good HU, amp and speakers you do not need much EQ. I do not know what EQ options the stock HU offers. Can you post pics of the EQ options on your HU?
Old 24th October 2016, 13:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Can you post pics of the EQ options on your HU?
I have been able to find these from the official ownership review from Team BHP. Hope these answer your question. I cannot take actual pictures as the car will only be delivered on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-screen-shot-20161024-1.28.11-pm.png  

ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-screen-shot-20161024-1.28.26-pm.png  

Last edited by navin : 25th October 2016 at 11:56.
Ravi_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 13:53   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been able to find these from the official ownership review from Team BHP. Hope these answer your question. I cannot take actual pictures as the car will only be delivered on Saturday.
The second pic tells me you got a 3 band EQ. Bass, Mid and Treble. Should be enough. Before you add layers of electronics between your HU and the speakers just get good speakers and amp. I believe that might be your best solution.

Remember no EQ, Compressor, Buffer, anything is 100% transparent. Every layer of electronics you add takes away something. So unless it is desperately required keep the signal chain as simple as possible.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 15:50   #41
BHPian

Thanks Navin. Will keep you be able to tell me if the set of two amplifiers and the one bass tube can be fitted in the boot?
If yes, is there a separate tray that can be used to keep everything organised and neat?
Old 24th October 2016, 16:37   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Navin. Will keep you be able to tell me if the set of two amplifiers and the one bass tube can be fitted in the boot?
If yes, is there a separate tray that can be used to keep everything organised and neat?
Easily. Most good installers can build a nice cloth/felt covered tray and hide all the wiring under the tray.
Old 24th October 2016, 21:03   #43
BHPian

The front does accommodate components, i got my Creta's front speakers setup changed to a Infinity Reference 6500CX along with an Active Sub.

Hey mate,
Could you tell me about the size of components to get for the front? I'm trying to source the speakers on the internet so that I can get better prices but I'm not able to work out what size to get.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:57   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The front does accommodate components, i got my Creta's front speakers setup changed to a Infinity Reference 6500CX along with an Active Sub.

Hey mate,
Could you tell me about the size of components to get for the front? .
The Infinity Reference 6500 have 6.5" woofers.
Old 9th January 2017, 18:48   #45
BHPian

Will it be possible to get 2 components for the front, 2 coaxials for the rear and a 4 channel sub for around 15k -18k? There should be at least some discernible increase in sound quality from stock to make the upgrade worthwhile.
I already have a Rockford bass box with a Sony Xplod XMN502 amplifier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks