Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 11:58   #76
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Here is a sample of how it will come in the package for reference. Link - MotorBasket.com - Creta pre 2020 Android HU
You can source from a lot of places including typical accessory stores also.
This is very interesting, as pointed out by you, yes it does not make sense to invest so much right now, this product looks very good, any user feedback on this? If user feedback is good, will immediately purchase and install, the specs look real nice.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 12:35   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
This is very interesting, as pointed out by you, yes it does not make sense to invest so much right now, this product looks very good, any user feedback on this? If user feedback is good, will immediately purchase and install, the specs look real nice.
I myself am an existing customer. Procured it from the same Motorbasket.com portal in fact. I purchased a lower spec one with 1GB RAM and 16GB storage and installed it in my 2nd car (humble Alto). You can have a look. I'm absolutely happy with the kit. Its far better than what I was expecting in-fact. I personally have used Sony AX5000 for a couple of years with android Auto (It was Sony's flagship HU back then) - and I find the Android HU far better in all aspects for regular use.

Here is my experience (and installation detail!). You might be able to use it for a DIY installation in fact. Since you have an OEM HU probably in place - it will be a 15 minute PnP replacement the DIY way.
Link to DIY Thread (DIY - ICE ICE Baby! Audio System Revamp in my Alto K10)

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th May 2021 at 12:41.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 03:54   #78

Re: ICE for Creta base model

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With a maximum budget of ₹50,000, I'll say add a good quality HU, Front speakers, Amplifier and Damping.

HU: 20K (Pioneer or Kenwood or Sony)
Damping: 10K (1 bulk pack)
Front speakers: 10K (Components)
Amplifier: 10K (4 channel).

After a while when you can accumulate the budget, get a pair of coaxial speakers for the rear and add a subwoofer to complete the chain.
Thanks a ton. You've made my task way too easy. I'm in the market looking for something to fit my 50k audio setup budget. What do you think about my list-
  1. HU is Sony XAV AX8000. Pretty determined on this because I plan on keeping the car for long and don't want my android tab acting up in a year or two. I'm guessing this retails at 30k price range?
  2. Damping- Can't stress how important it is although I drive a petrol creta. Got my 10k set for this
  3. Component or coax- I was determined to go for comps but the new creta misses out on electrical adjustable orvms. It instead gets the traditional joystick that has eaten into the otherwise tweeters location. What alternate locations could I mount the tweeters on? I'm told they need to be closer to my ears
  4. How about I go for coaxials on all 4 doors. Infinity reference pair costs about 4k. That fits my 10k speaker budget and I get speakers on all 4 doors
  5. Won't the HU be able to power my coax's without an amp? ax8000 is pretty solid they say

I'm very new to the ICE space, so please be gentle on me.
TIA
Old 30th May 2021, 11:42   #79
BANNED

Re: ICE for Creta base model

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_kola View Post
HU is Sony XAV AX8000. Pretty determined on this because I plan on keeping the car for long and don't want my android tab acting up in a year or two.
Great choice there. This unit retails anywhere between ₹26,000-₹28,000. It depends on how well you can negotiate. Reliable and I think this HU is the current favourite of the masses as YouTube is literally flooded with reviews of this HU installed in the 2020 Creta lower and mid models. The fascia plate for this HU is excellent and gives a clean look.

Quote:
Damping- Can't stress how important it is although I drive a petrol creta. Got my 10k set for this
Set aside 10K and damp the 4 doors + boot lid. 1 box of 10 sheets is enough if you do it correctly. Vibrofiltr gives 15 sheets in a box, which will be enough to cover the car.

Quote:
Component or coax- I was determined to go for comps but the new creta misses out on electrically adjustable orvms. It instead gets the traditional joystick that has eaten into the otherwise tweeters location. What alternate locations could I mount the tweeters on? I'm told they need to be closer to my ears
The higher and wider the tweeters, the better will be the sound staging and imaging.

Can you post an image of the door pad and the dashboard so I can suggest to you the place to mount the tweeter?

Quote:
How about I go for coaxials on all 4 doors. Infinity reference pair costs about 4k. That fits my 10k speaker budget and I get speakers on all 4 doors
Coaxials at the front will not help you get that sound quality that you will be looking for. Component speakers at the front are a must.

Quote:
Won't the HU be able to power my coax's without an amp? ax8000 is pretty solid they say
It can. But an external amplifier will uplift the SQ.

Depending on the budget, you can damp the car, swap the HU and add components at the front first. Whenever you can add a bit more budget to the audio setup, get a 4 channel amplifier + rear speakers to complete it. Subwoofer is personal choice that can be added later.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:35   #80

Hey Guys,
I have a 2021 Creta SX and am pretty disappointed with the stock audio setup. I wanted to get an upgrade without changing the head unit. Is there a recommended setup that I can go for? I never had after-market audio installs on my cars so I don't know where to start. Should replacing the 4 speakers with better ones work or will I need to spend on a good amp and subwoofer as well? Any help and recommendations are appreciated. Budget around 30 - 50k
Old 6th September 2022, 15:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni1208 View Post
Hey Guys,
I have a 2021 Creta SX and am pretty disappointed with the stock audio setup. I wanted to get an upgrade without changing the head unit. Is there a recommended setup that I can go for? I never had after-market audio installs on my cars so I don't know where to start. Should replacing the 4 speakers with better ones work or will I need to spend on a good amp and subwoofer as well? Any help and recommendations are appreciated. Budget around 30 - 50k
I have a 2018 Creta with Stock HU and speakers upgraded.
Recommended setup depends on your taste and budget - audition a few speakers and see whose sound signature you like. Go with your favourite music on a USB drive and listen to it.
You can do a phase wise approach -
1. Speakers only and damping
2. Add Amplifiers
3. Add Subwoofer
4. Add DSP - and go 2-way or 3-way active

Each phase will be a step up in Sound Quality.

Most importantly, find a good installer/tuner to take and guide you through this journey.

All the best.
Do share your experience on this forum as well.
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 20:54   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantuchil View Post
I have a 2018 Creta with Stock HU and speakers upgraded.
Recommended setup depends on your taste and budget - audition a few speakers and see whose sound signature you like. Go with your favourite music on a USB drive and listen to it.
You can do a phase wise approach -
1. Speakers only and damping
2. Add Amplifiers
3. Add Subwoofer
4. Add DSP - and go 2-way or 3-way active

Each phase will be a step up in Sound Quality.

Most importantly, find a good installer/tuner to take and guide you through this journey.

All the best.
Do share your experience on this forum as well.
Hey Prashant,
Thanks for the info. Noticed that you are also from Bangalore, can you suggest a reliable store for installations? Which one did you go to or did you go the DIY route?
Old 10th October 2022, 15:33   #83
vns

I've 2021 Creta SX and want to install amp and sub-woofer.

Do let me know if anyone has upgraded the ICE for new creta models.
Old 10th October 2022, 22:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni1208 View Post
Hey Prashant,
Thanks for the info. Noticed that you are also from Bangalore, can you suggest a reliable store for installations? Which one did you go to or did you go the DIY route?
Sorry for delayed response, missed noticing the quote.
I did the double layer door damping myself - as I had lot of free time in the weekends during lock down. Here is the link to the thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4973158 (The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread)

For all the other equipment and installation I went to EVO Custom Car Audio in Cambridge Layout near Indiranagar.
The owner Satya has been in the field for more than a decade. He is very knowledgeable and straightforward in his recommendations.

Here is the link to the location of the shop - https://g.page/EVOCustomCar?share
All the best! Do keep us posted

Last edited by prashantuchil : 10th October 2022 at 22:06. Reason: verbiage
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks