Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 20:48   #31
BHPian

Finally which one did you go for and whats your ICE config?
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:52   #32
BHPian

Charles is a dumber!!

people listen,

I met Charles recently [Feb 2008].
He is un-educated, and is a dumb fellow who knows nothing about decent installation. he has managed to get some installs done for Cinema fellows, and that is how he is popular. He does a mold-job for custom installs.

he must be one of the very few Guys who does Custom Installs, and that does not warranty him to be the best installer.

They do the job neatly, as far I have seen their work. The crimp, and trim the cables, and do a neat job.

But he will not listen to you, he says he will do what ever he wants, you spell the budget. He says he wont give you any demo, or you should not speak about any Brand that you like. He will do the needful if you place your order with some 30k or 40k.

So it is for the kind of person who does not bother about the Brand, or any other specifics. Just hand over the car for 2 or 3 days, close your eyes and pay his bill. You get good sound.

But he is not particular about sound staging etc!

He is not educated, neither educated for sound engineering, so all that he will do is trial and error, if it sounds good, he fits it in position!

his idea about car audio is very barbaric, he believes car manufacturers compromise on the placement of speakers, and hence the sound staging is a failure. So no point in arguing with a dumber like that.

lets get practical and get some good install done with some one who will work in tandem with us.

Hope this helps all Chennaites with wanting of Nice Installs.

[I have seen Mumbai fellas work, and they outdo each other in Quality and Obedience]!!
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:04   #33
BHPian

This is one real good thread to watch out.

When we tried to ICE my BIL's Accent at a place in Shanthi colony, Anna nagar the installer was behaving as if it was first or second install and took well over four hours for installing a sony HU + 4 speakers. In this process he burnt couple of fuses and had no idea how to fix them. Since by BIL is technician in Hyundai he knew stuff and sorted it out.
Old 22nd March 2008, 21:36   #34
BHPian

Why dont you post the name and address!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
This is one real good thread to watch out.

When we tried to ICE my BIL's Accent at a place in Shanthi colony, Anna nagar the installer was behaving as if it was first or second install and took well over four hours for installing a sony HU + 4 speakers. In this process he burnt couple of fuses and had no idea how to fix them. Since by BIL is technician in Hyundai he knew stuff and sorted it out.

So that we never even turn to that direction!
Old 24th March 2008, 08:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords View Post
So that we never even turn to that direction!
Name is Sree Ornament De Cars i suppose.. don't remember exactly. But this is the shop closer to Gangotri Sweets on the Shanthi colony main road closer to the signal.
Old 24th March 2008, 10:46   #36
BHPian

OK! got it!

Quote:
Name is Sree Ornament De Cars i suppose.. don't remember exactly. But this is the shop closer to Gangotri Sweets on the Shanthi colony main road closer to the signal.
ok man, got it,
we will advocate all not to go here!
lol!

MS
Old 24th March 2008, 11:17   #37
BHPian

So basically, no one has any good ice install from Chennai !
Old 24th March 2008, 11:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I've been with Bala of Technokrat since he started 1999. He is good. E_L, proxima and friends, take a look at my ICE install in my accent done by him.

Prior to Bala, I've been to Serious Sound [Deepak Asrani, where I met bala], Sound Works, Radio ware house and one unpromoted guy in Ritchie Street.

Apart from Deepak, Bala is the only other guy who knows his stuff.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
bala in mahalingapuram (for chennai) is really good. his place is called tecnokrat.

pm me for his number.
hi, BikerSG, there are a lot of guys on the forum who believe that Bala sucks! cos he doesnt listen to them! I think thats wrong!

Guys, who are serious about music goto Bala. There has also been a lot of ridicule about bala ripping people etc etc.

If anyone is serious on an install, they could PM me too for technokrats number!
Old 24th March 2008, 11:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
haven't spoken to charles as yet, but from what i heard from others that know him, he is EXPENSIVE. I still got no clues about whom to approach for fitting fromt compos in my esteem. A lot of people are willing, but i dont think i can trust them with my car.
John, u need a drink!cheers: and i need to drive your esteem to a place of my choice for your install!
Old 24th March 2008, 11:52   #41
BHPian

Bala!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Guys, I've been with Bala of Technokrat since he started 1999. He is good. E_L, proxima and friends, take a look at my ICE install in my accent done by him.

Prior to Bala, I've been to Serious Sound [Deepak Asrani, where I met bala], Sound Works, Radio ware house and one unpromoted guy in Ritchie Street.

Apart from Deepak, Bala is the only other guy who knows his stuff.
Hmmmm - that is something we need to debate about!

Man I think I should reconsider and go to Bala and see their work. Headers, please PM ur number, I would love to check out your install please.

PS: Amit, hold it man, we are in the process of hunting some of the best ones around. Till the time more men from the outside world came into TBHP we would not know the best of installers, it's just tht Mumbai and Bangy installers are inside TBHP and we know them and they know the taste and cater to it! So lets keep the moss rolling to find the best installers in Chennai! Chennai is not some small town dude, it is huge and there will be some serious installers to cater our taste!

Get in and work hard to get them to limelight! - cool?
MS
Old 24th March 2008, 20:54   #42
BHPian

I agree man. Techokrat does get the best of the crowd. You'll always find a mercedes or a bmw at the place. Last week, I saw them working on a body for Accord. Had never known the do that.
Old 25th March 2008, 10:30   #43
BHPian

Yeah Amit Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
I agree man. Techokrat does get the best of the crowd. You'll always find a mercedes or a bmw at the place. Last week, I saw them working on a body for Accord. Had never known the do that.
Boy yes,

I agree totally.
But if u look at the larger picture, mahalingapuram and the adjoining Kodambakkam area is a very rich area where all the big guns are at!
So there is no other decent place to even park these cars such as Merc, BMW, Audi and the likes of Accord etc.. - so they all better be @ Hi-tech Audio Jewels(technokrat) than on the North Usman Road where even a minute of parking is a problem! Same with the Vadapalani "stereo fitting" guys!

So all apart, people go to Technokrat because he is secluded from the rest and is in a very nice posh locality, charging a bomb? - what say Chennai friends??
Old 25th March 2008, 13:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boy yes,

I agree totally.
But if u look at the larger picture, mahalingapuram and the adjoining Kodambakkam area is a very rich area where all the big guns are at!
So there is no other decent place to even park these cars such as Merc, BMW, Audi and the likes of Accord etc.. - so they all better be @ Hi-tech Audio Jewels(technokrat) than on the North Usman Road where even a minute of parking is a problem! Same with the Vadapalani "stereo fitting" guys!

So all apart, people go to Technokrat because he is secluded from the rest and is in a very nice posh locality, charging a bomb? - what say Chennai friends??
I'd say BS Millionswords, No offense, but your method of justyfyin the parking problem is ridiculous. Any guy whose got a BMW or a Benz or any exotic definitely knows how to take care of it even in the "town" area of Chennai.

So lets not get into such silly issues!

First one needs to be aware of what kinda music one listens to, and what his budget constraints are. Then one could always find the right person to get the job done.

Lets not compare who is the best! - I'd say to each his own!

Last edited by headers : 25th March 2008 at 13:34.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
people listen,
I met Charles recently [Feb 2008].
He is un-educated, and is a dumb fellow who knows nothing about decent installation.
Quote:
They do the job neatly, as far I have seen their work. The crimp, and trim the cables, and do a neat job.
Contradicting yourself there.

Quote:
I think this guy has the habit of keeping his customers for 4 hours. My cousin unfortunately decided to fit his stereo there for his new scorpio & the guy just went beserk pulling down the dash etc & finally gave the car after more than 4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
John, u need a drink!cheers: and i need to drive your esteem to a place of my choice for your install!
vikram, this happened quite a long time ago. Since then i have fitted my comps & changed them once too. Anyway i need that drink. cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks