Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 21:22   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I just zeroed in on a humble installer by the name Mark. His dad owned the Craftel brand of stereo systems and he has now taken over it. I am getting Santro ICED by him. Will post a deatiled report soon.

Hope its worth it.

Components:
MB Quart 4 chn Amp, Fosgate Compnents and Sub, Scosche E2 wiring kit, rear will be a regular speaker. HU is a Pana.
Are the installs done ? Can we have a detailed report and some pictures.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
^^
Absolutely, Radio Ware house thinks customers are beggers, the manner in which they reply, the attitude they show when you tell them a suggestion. I really wonder how they're still running..when 'ensuring customer satifaction' seems to be the sole criteria for business survival today
That's very wierd Mi10. I went there around a year back(the one on mount road), and i had a very good experience. The owners, two brothers, were talking to me and my friends during the entire install, they introduced us to all the employees and were very friendly. They showed us the setups in their car. They had a garage at the back, which was locked down for many, which has some sort of antique, he even let us look at it.I've been to many installers in Chennai, and Radio Warehouse was the best customer service i ever got from any ICE installer.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:41   #123
Senior - BHPian

Installer in Kotturpuram

Guys,

There is an installer in Kotturpuram. He does a fabulous job. He takes care of Auto electrcals, ICE and AC Issues. The Name slipped out, but it is run by three people. They are the owners come installers. Reasonably Priced. Contact Person Raja. They would be in a typical Mechanic Outfit and not Coat-Tie Clad.

They were operating Off Chamiers Road, but they have moved to Kotturpuram now. It is a very very small shop. They were exactly behind my house.

His clientale consists of Lexus, Imported Toyotas, Landcruisers etc. It is hard to get a slot with him.

No Apointments - First Come First Served Concept - Waiting on street only.

He will do anything from a simple tweeter / speaker change to a complete DVD ICE Install with Amps with the same smile.

I am not sure about his Knowledge on the products, maybe i would say it is Average to Good. But if you get the products after discussing in our forum with Gurus, buy them and take it to him for an install.

Landmark: Bang Opposite Kotturpuram MRTS Railway Station. There will be lot of cars parked there. You cannot miss it.

Parking: Ample parking on the road. No Cops problem, Comfortable space to park, unlike the congested parking on General Patters Road.

How to reach there by Road

Kotturpuram Signal - Turn on to Ponniamman Koil Street (Left if coming from Cenotaph road :-: Right if coming from Anna University / Anna Gem) - Keep Going Straight till you see MRTS Elevated tracks (tracks will go left - right) - Turn Right just before the tracks along the canal - Shop on Right Hand Side

My 2 pence (Purely Personal Opinion) : I prefer to shop in GP Road (if at all) by walk and scout for items. I prefer to take a bus / auto to GP Road so that i need not hunt for Parking. The space is monopolized by the dealers for their customers who do the install through them . General public who want to do shopping / hunting cannot get parking space easiliy.
  • Buy Original electronics (HUs, Speakers AMPs etc) with Bill and Warranty from Known / Authorized shops
  • Buy Dampers, MDF Boards, Speaker Boxes from Market / Auth Shop
  • Hire a Taxi / auto, take the products and go home
  • Take the Car and go to him for an install
If you need help, i will be more than glad to help.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2010, 01:17   #124
BHPian

Hi
I had all my previous vehicles ICE'd at Radioware house in Anna Salai. My music requirement is simple. I need some quality music while i drive and the sound should be crisp and clear. When i drive with my family the music will be played in the background only. So for simple installations i guess the Radioware house would be a decent place. Negotiating with them is impossible. Quality of the products are on dot. The sales and service people's approach will be a bit rustic but they get the job done neatly. I had the opinion that Radioware house is fit only for simple jobs like mine till today. I had taken my new Xylo to radioware house for replacing the speakers which the company has provided (Absolutely awful). I got Sony oval speakers fitted today and i was contemplating going for subwoofers and amplifiers. But i thought lets give it some time and do it if the cost is justified by my requirements. Since i was discussing the options with the owner he took me to his private vehicle, a Old Honda City, and made me listen to his system. It was absolutely mind blowing. I asked him what should be done to get the same quality of sound in my vehicle. He said that he can fit sub woofers and amplifiers to my vehicle but the outcome might not be the same. I guess that Radioware house is acceptable for genuine products and simple assembly but if your requirements are intense it might not be the best place. They get the job done fast and clean and the quality of the products are assured. Thats about it. Well i am planning to upgrade my ICE with sub woofers and amplifiers and i will get back to this forum on my experience. Cheers all.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:40   #125
BHPian

I was on the lookout for a good installer to fit my single DIN AVX44 on my Elantra, replacing the factory 2 DIN. After hearsay and research I thought Tecnokrat would be the guys. But they always seemed busy, I tried to get an appointment on three different days, without any luck.
This is when I came across my old installer from the 90s. It's a guy named Sathish. He used to work with Nathan's, Alwarpet. The guy is pretty good, and knows his stuff, and best of all, knows how to treat his customers.
I came to know through a friend that he's opened up his own place in Velachery - Sharp Sound Systems.
He finished the job in a couple of hours, and the workmanship was as good as any. So if you want a no nonsense installer, who is reasonably priced, check him out!
Old 18th February 2010, 16:57   #126
Senior - BHPian

^do post directions and landmarks so that it would be helpful to other people who would like to go there akin to how scorpiobharat did
Old 18th February 2010, 17:52   #127
BHPian

It's on Cart Track (Vandikaaran) Rd, Velachery. You have to go in about a Km from Velachery Road. His number is 98841 05886.
Old 24th April 2010, 07:56   #128
BHPian

So, to sum it up,VFM installer's in chennai are as given below, please correct me if i am wrong

Soundworks.You can reach Jhony or Devraj

Kotturpuram. Contact Person Raja. Landmark: Bang Opposite Kotturpuram MRTS Railway Station. Kotturpuram Signal - Turn on to Ponniamman Koil Street (Left if coming from Cenotaph road :-: Right if coming from Anna University / Anna Gem) - Keep Going Straight till you see MRTS Elevated tracks (tracks will go left - right) - Turn Right just before the tracks along the canal - Shop on Right Hand Side

Velachery - Sharp Sound Systems.It's on Cart Track (Vandikaaran) Rd, Velachery. You have to go in about a Km from Velachery Road.

Mark - Craftel - Pudupet Audiocraft

You can go to dhanas hari
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:21   #129
xsc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
There is also Charles, i forgot the name of his place.
Charles' place is called as Metal Effect, Its close to Kodambakkam Water tank
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:25   #130
xsc
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga_SwiSan View Post
Adding to my previous post, Beware of GP Road products as most of pioneer stuff is duplicate and is really difficult to find the difference unless we know inperson.

So better to stick with Genuine Dealers with originals and right installation skills as we spend huge money in ICE starting from 10K till a lakh.
If you are referring to speakers from Pioneer then I might agree.
But for the head units , its very hard to get the finish of Pioneer in a fake.
I have bought plenty of headunits in grey and never come across a fake or probably i am buying from the right vendors.

Thus generalizing GP Road stuff as fake is not fair.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:59   #131
Senior - BHPian

XSC,

Yes it is primarily the speakers not only Pioneer but also Other brands. I tried for SONY speakers for front for my Santro, but I got duped and so frustrated that i scrapped the speakers (Rs 900) and went for originals from Authroised Dealer (Rs 1300).

There are Duplicate stuff available in GP Road, but NO duplicate stuff in an authorized dealer. The chances of getting duped in an authorized shop is one in a million. An ordinary man would easily get cheated on GP Road. Maybe an expereinced person will be able to spot the not.

That statement made is taking into consideration a common man. There may be 1000s reading this post who are non members (Google the page).

P.S: I personally cannot make out Pioneer finish from Duplicate / Replicate Pioneer Finish.
Old 14th January 2011, 14:43   #132
BHPian

Re: Pls suggest me a good ICE installer in Chennai

Any reasonable installers in Adyar, ECR, Besant Ngr area. I just need to swap the HU's in my cars as Iam selling off one.

Pluzzzee not haute.Iam already broke.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:23   #133
Senior - BHPian

^Why not try DIY?
Old 14th January 2011, 16:13   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^Why not try DIY?
Good Idea Bottle, Iam sure Iam gonna break something and look for a installer again.

All help welcome though. Chills on me !
Old 17th January 2011, 00:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Any reasonable installers in Adyar, ECR, Besant Ngr area. I just need to swap the HU's in my cars as Iam selling off one.

Pluzzzee not haute.Iam already broke.
If this does not involve amps and wiring, any local T,D & H should be good enough, as long as you hang around to get it done properly. 15-20 mins job maximum.

Most Viewed