Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 13:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist

Nice Frank. Looking forward to it.

Oh and thanks for refreshing my memories. Here's what i am talking about

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-380154_2631263375238_109532999_n.jpg
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:10   #17
BHPian

Very Nice setup Frank, always loved your setups, pity you sold the Gti. The CDSP is a great DSP and should be very good for your need.
Piyush_Vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Here, guys! The final system flowchart! Installation will be done in the next few days. VERY VERY excited!
Attachment 1451642

Hey Frank. This is an extremly good idea. I was thinking of doing this as well. Have you completed the installation ?

I have read up the xdadeveloper forums and how the Bluetooth board is connected to the MCU and its pin assignment.

If I am not wrong, the bluetooth audio is routed directly to the preamp module and is switched by the MCU. It bypasses the android system totally. So if you do this, it may mean that you cannot take phone calls on the unit anymore. I hope I am wrong.
sivasain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 09:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Have (almost) completed this installation, finally, after a lot of unexpected delays. Turned out to be one of the most delayed installs.
Not because it was difficult to execute, but it so happened, that my Stereo Integrity TM 65 drivers were to be flown in from the USA in December. There was a horribly long delay in them getting to me. When I finally received the package, one of the drivers came damaged and the entire voice coil of the driver had shifted
After a lot of back and forth, Nick from Stereo Integrity helped me out and shipped a single driver at half the cost (thank you, Nick!) but I did end up paying full shipping and customs duty (no thanks, Dear Indian customs.) The cost of the driver escalated so much that I actually started wondering if it was worth importing this particular driver! (more on that part, later in the post)
Also, my Polo went through a bad phase of a botched headlight retrofit and was lying unused for a good 15 days in December. Hence, I couldn't really keep the car dead and unused for any more days. I would have finished the install in mid January, if things didn't go so wrong.
Anyway, all's well that ends well. I have finally collected my car and BOY, have we made progress!
The DAC and Processor have been installed.The Mids are installed too. The STARS of my install, the Horns with Compression Drivers have gone in too!
Posting a few photos. It has been 2 days since we have installed the setup, and I need to reserve my opinions till my mids actually break in.
Initial impressions: Let's just say that I have just got a glimpse of how awesome things are going to be once the mids are broken in. The beauty of Compression drivers in horns needs to be experienced and the Android system is doing a great job of providing a good enough signal to the DSP. I am very very impressed. The Stereo Integrity Mids are still in their initial stages, but I can't believe how hard they're kicking. They're a seriously good set of kit and I am very excited about how things are panning out already.

Please note: I HAVEN'T BEEN able to get Digital Audio working. I expected it to be a trial and error thing. And I know i'm making some silly mistake in connectivity, right now. Will update on the Digital section soon. As of now, I am running the system at 80% of it's potential. Have also not installed the Wired remote that came with the processor. Will do so in the next few days. The remote is unique and I will dedicate a paragraph or two to highlight it's role in the installation.

Photos (pardon me for the crude quality
Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0357.jpg

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0358.jpg

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0359.jpg

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0360.jpg

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0361.jpg

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0362.jpg

Frankmehta's Polo GT TSI ICE: Android with a twist-img_0363.jpg
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 11:16   #20
BHPian

Hi Frank, I don't know much about car speakers/brands/sound quality. I want to upgrade my four speakers and add an amp initially. Maximum budget possible is 35k - 40k for this. Can you, from your experience, suggest some decent brand/model number which can be done in this budget, at the same time will give me good clarity with a tight base. I read in the forum that Morel temp is good for components and Audison amps are good. But they are over shooting my budget. Please provide your inputs.
Old 21st June 2016, 11:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

An entry level amplifier like the Hertz or Auditor (by Focal) amps available these days will do.
For Components, you could go in for Hertz, Infinity Audio or equivalent.

For rear doors, you don't need components. So go in for regular coaxial speakers (brand not important, but El-Cheapo ones won't do. They will make a noise in your doors. So go in for something that is original)

All this will set you back by around 20-25k, with the added benefit of adding a sub for the remaining amounts. Remember, your doors can only produce so much bass. You need something with a larger enclosure and larger driver (hence a subwoofer) to create the tight, hard hitting bass you expect.
Old 21st June 2016, 11:52   #22
BHPian

Hey now that you have used minidsp for almost 4 months can you please share your experience or a review of the audio quality via various settings. Thanks!
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 22:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
An entry level amplifier like the Hertz or Auditor (by Focal) amps available these days will do.
For Components, you could go in for Hertz, Infinity Audio or equivalent.

For rear doors, you don't need components. So go in for regular coaxial speakers (brand not important, but El-Cheapo ones won't do. They will make a noise in your doors. So go in for something that is original)

All this will set you back by around 20-25k, with the added benefit of adding a sub for the remaining amounts. Remember, your doors can only produce so much bass. You need something with a larger enclosure and larger driver (hence a subwoofer) to create the tight, hard hitting bass you expect.
Great choice of equipment. So what's not working in optical/digital in Minidsp. I have been using it myself and it works fine. The TM65 are great set of Midbass, i am hoping the next iteration of these would be better.
Piyush_Vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 21:33   #24
BHPian

HI Frank, Good post and nice choice of components. Hope the DSP has lived upto its reputation and served you well.

I am also considering Mini DSP C-DSP 6X8 for my setup in my Baleno(1.6). Would you please share you experience of how good the DSP is, the interface, problems or erros if any, any faults in the product, overall pros and cons. I would really appreciate your inputs.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 09:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
HI Frank, Good post and nice choice of components. Hope the DSP has lived upto its reputation and served you well.

I am also considering Mini DSP C-DSP 6X8 for my setup in my Baleno(1.6). Would you please share you experience of how good the DSP is, the interface, problems or erros if any, any faults in the product, overall pros and cons. I would really appreciate your inputs.
I give it an 8/10 because everything just works! I have deducted 2 marks because the remote supplies with the unit doesn't have a dedicated subwoofer control, or a customisable button that allows you to do a few things that you would want to, when you have this kind of audio processing ability on your hands.
Old 19th October 2016, 14:12   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the ICE Section. Thanks for sharing!
I am unable to find the thread in the Assembly Line Section. In fact, on the Assembly Line forum page, except for the intro post & rules post, it says no posts in the forum. Please help me locate the thread.
ajaydand65 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 13:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I give it an 8/10 because everything just works! I have deducted 2 marks because the remote supplies with the unit doesn't have a dedicated subwoofer control, or a customisable button that allows you to do a few things that you would want to, when you have this kind of audio processing ability on your hands.
I take my words back. There is a firmware update for the remote as well as the Processor and this allows one to adjust subwoofer levels and do a lot of customization with the remote.

A lot of major changes have been made. I shall document them in this thread soon.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks