Team-BHP - Sony (CDX - R33300S S-Mosfet) sound skips !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sony (CDX - R33300S S-Mosfet) sound skips !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/17127-sony-cdx-r33300s-s-mosfet-sound-skips.html)

Hi Guys,

I have 2 yr old Sony (CDX - R33300S S-Mosfet) fitted in my car. Suddenly it is giving a strange problem. The sound ( words ) skips in all my CD's. I tried new CDR too but same problem. I use MP3 CDs mostly.

I have cleaned the lens manually( a month ago ) but no improvement. What can be the reasons ?

Also to add from last 5-6 days sound rarely skips. I don't how it got improved but it was giving
problem from last 2 months..

Please suggest ..

Thanks..

You should be happy that problem has gone away though it may raise its ugly head again.........coz its SONY.

Sony HU r known for this problem and lens is the culprit.You need to reapir it but that will be the wastage of money.
Why dont u upgrade ur HU to kenwood/blaupunkt or pioneer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsjaurr
You should be happy that problem has gone away though it may raise its ugly head again.........coz its SONY.

Sony HU r known for this problem and lens is the culprit.You need to reapir it but that will be the wastage of money.
Why dont u upgrade ur HU to kenwood/blaupunkt or pioneer?

do you mean I need to change the lens ??? Is it that bad .. life of just 2 years ..??

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep
do you mean I need to change the lens ??? Is it that bad .. life of just 2 years ..??

No, he means change the while Head Unit/Stereo/Deck!! And yes an HU lasting only 2 years is bad. My various Alpine's have served me excellently over the last 5 yrs.

Dude yes there is problem with sony.. Bor. had sony player started giving problems after 1 year.. shifted to JVC and its still going. 4 Years now. No complaint. No lens cleaning etc or any service has been done..

Quote:

yeah....u only need to change the lens whcih may cost u around 2000rs though u have to confirm it from sony guys.Rest of ur HU is fine,just the lens probelm.

So u can weigh ur all options and come to ur own conclusion.:)

chill can be due to a lot of reasons like condensation dirt.. bad cd toc
sony is pretty good.
and it outsells everything in india due to a reason.

and Maruthi 800 used to outsell every car in Indai as well....

Sony's in India are known to have this issue - the others rarely -if ever -have had such problems!

Finally its your $$$

Quote:

yeah....u only need to change the lens whcih may cost u around 2000rs though u have to confirm it from sony guys.Rest of ur HU is fine,just the lens probelm.

So u can weigh ur all options and come to ur own conclusion.:)

2-2.5k for lens change.

I had this problem with my SOny HU. Got it fixed @ 400rs at a local shop who deals with ICE; but was warned that I should change if this happens next time.

and how did you clean the lens?

Quote:

2-2.5k for lens change.

I had this problem with my SOny HU. Got it fixed @ 400rs at a local shop who deals with ICE; but was warned that I should change if this happens next time.
JK,this information was given to me by one of my doctor colleague just 4-5 days back coz he has sony HU with similar problem.I usually dont trust him and thanx for reminding me that..:D

And guess what,he offered me 2000 for my HU.I was like...:Shockked:

Quote:

JK,this information was given to me by one of my doctor colleague just 4-5 days back coz he has sony HU with similar problem.I usually dont trust him and thanx for reminding me that..:D

And guess what,he offered me 2000 for my HU.I was like...:Shockked:

same for me! 2000 for my 2yr old HU ( which cost 12k now!)

I never expected this from a sony product .. actually I choosed Sony to be on safe side ..

I also had the same problem with my Sony HU long back... !!! Been using a pioneer no skippy jumpy stuff for 2 yrs now with two different HU's. i think you should get this thing repaired and sell it off asap

Quote:

I never expected this from a sony product .. actually I choosed Sony to be on safe side ..

hehe. Sony was good some time back ( my opinion!). Now they sell coz of that brand name.

Count me in guys as yet another victim.... 18 month old Sony 5800 (VCD) model and they say I have to change the lens now and 3.2k for that at Sony without warranty... hmmmm.... wish I was at this forum 19 months back where in I had junked my lovely trustworthy JVC ACD model for this piece of Junk....