Team-BHP - Looking for a solution to a 4750 problem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Looking for a solution to a 4750 problem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/17302-looking-solution-4750-problem.html)

I have the Pioneer 4750 HU(I think its 4750, as it is the near the bottom end of the food chain with removable face plate).
The unit developed a peculiar problem. It would eat CDs and then refuse to eject them. I used a peculiar solution, and started keeping a pair of tweezers in the car. So I would press eject and pull out the CD.
Finally on a trip to ldh, I went to the install guy and told him to fix it. He fixed it for free, and the fix was actually not much.
He opened up the HU. When eject is pressed CD is lifted and then there is a rubber roller on which it glides out. Its a really long black thingy.
He cleaned it with petrol.
Voila, the CDs come out fine.
But my fear is that since this got dirty in less than a year, and I hardly ever open the car windows, this thing can happen again soon.
Any permanet solution to this.
Some kind of CD I can put in.
I was thinking of rubbing a blank CD with Methy Alchohol and then putting it in and ejecting it a few times.
Or prolly using the lens clearner CD, if I can get one with brushes all around.
How about using electronics grade lubricant spray which is normally used in micromotors etc., will that help?

I too have this problem , but surfaces occasionally.
I tried cleaning with water, and the problem goes away for months. I do not trust rubber with any organic compounds.

I would not suggest rubbing a CD with alcohol. The alcohol may fly into areas where it may react with delicate components.
Electronics grade lube is fine, but be advised that it will cause loose dirt to stick to it.

No baba, i think, if it's working fine, don't fix it. Use itwell and next year, if it acts wierd again, get it cleaned.

The roller is very near to opening. How about moisting an earbud with alco(pure, lens grade, i.e. sensor cleaning grade) and moving it around the opening. will take care of some accumulated dust, or is that a bad idea too.

this problem come also when the hu is fitted tightly between the frame.....one could see that if the hu is taken out of the frame it will work fine...bt when installed inside the frame the hu gets tighten and thus this problem occurs....also this is a very frequent problem with pioneer ....the best alternative is a tweezzer or reinstall the HU by a good proffessional.....

In my case both inside and outside the frame this problem was there. And when he was cleaning the roller, lot of dust came of it. After cleaning its working fine.
Anyways I think I should get those pioneer locks which are used to take out the HU. So when it jams up again, I partially pull out the HU, take out the CD and then push it back in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Anyways I think I should get those pioneer locks which are used to take out the HU. So when it jams up again, I partially pull out the HU, take out the CD and then push it back in?

I think it is that both the roller is dirty and the frame is tight ......u can get it reinstall again to solve the problem also u can use collin to clean the roller after that use water to further remove any thing left there...

Quote:

I

Yeah that sounds clever. Also good for emergencies, if (for whatever reason) you need to take your HU out.I think you mean the KEYS. You get a pair with every HU, unfortunately the installers keep it and don't give it to the customer.

my installer gave me these "keys". I lost them :(.
Can I get them someplace else? Do installer have spare keys, since they must be installing so many 4750's?

Most installers will have spare keys from other customers so ask your installer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
unfortunately the installers keep it and don't give it to the customer.

Not this customer ;)

Quote:

I have the Pioneer 4750 HU(I think its 4750, as it is the near the bottom end of the food chain with removable face plate).
The unit developed a peculiar problem. It would eat CDs and then refuse to eject them. I used a peculiar solution, and started keeping a pair of tweezers in the car. So I would press eject and pull out the CD.
Finally on a trip to ldh, I went to the install guy an.................

rl:

What a brilliant post... and 'tsk tsk', I've hardly seen the gentleman around in the ICE section!

The roller loses friction much like the rollers that are moved by a mouse-ball when dust adheres. There is no real solution but to try and keep them clean, or to continue your enactment of biology class.

Just for information's sake, it also happens when you use cds that have extraordinarily thick cd labels, since it's a slot load cd player and not tray based, but I'm almost sure you aren't doing that. And Pioneers certainly fall prey to this peculiar disease more than most other brands from my experience.

The third reason, as LBM points out, is that the slot opening gets constricted because of tight fits sometimes. You can check this out by inseting and ejecting a few times (the cds, the cds!) with the player held out in the open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble

...the slot opening gets constricted because of tight fits sometimes. You can check this out by inseting and ejecting a few times (the cds, the cds!) with the player held out in the open.

Navin, Sam look at what you all have done.. people cant have a straight conversation... every statement has to be clarified and double clarified. rl:

Quote:

Just for information's sake, it also happens when you use cds that have extraordinarily thick cd labels, since it's a slot load cd player and not tray based, but I'm almost sure you aren't doing that. And Pioneers certainly fall prey to this peculiar disease more than most other brands from my experience.

Yup, I noticed that first the CDs with thick paper labels started getting the problem.
Quote:

The third reason, as LBM points out, is that the slot opening gets constricted because of tight fits sometimes. You can check this out by inseting and ejecting a few times (the cds, the cds!) with the player held out in the open.

No such discrepency here, atleast it seemed so since even with the player out if would be problematic. Is there a home brew solution to tight fit problem?

I normally use tweezers and if I dont have I bang with my fist on the top of the console it helps a lot and the cd smoothly comes out......latoo ke bhoot batoo se nahi mantee.....lol