Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2016, 17:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
I was trying to find a work around for the same issue since I just booked a Vento TSI ( highline).
I was wondering if this would work for the current system for the requirement of a reverse camera.

http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...fit-kit-detail
The link you have provided does not show the RVC or where it would be mounted. Also, the 4K OPS module and sensors are charged separately, if someone intends to buy it.

Hard to determine without seeing the camera and the mount.

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 02:36   #62
BHPian

Finally I have solved the issue at hand.

A reverse cam was added to the OE head-unit. Cost was 12k done at Vag Tune, Cochin.
The work was done in the evening and so I couldn't take a picture from the outside. I will upload it soon.

The link for the Kit is:
You can check out more of their work on their FB page.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-whatsappimage20160722.jpeg  

ariendj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 11:16   #63
BHPian

My bluetooth on rcd 330g in my polo stopped working from this morning onwards. Iam unable to connect it to my phone and the screen says unable to connect. I tried resetting with factory settings but of no help. Can anyone please tell how to reboot my rcd 330 ?
Old 24th July 2016, 19:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
Finally I have solved the issue at hand.

A reverse cam was added to the OE head-unit. Cost was 12k done at Vag Tune, Cochin.

The work was done in the evening and so I couldn't take a picture from the outside. I will upload it soon.

The link for the Kit is:

You can check out more of their work on their FB page.

Can you show us camera mounting or where it is placed. And I would love to get more details on this like connector pins,wiring and installation process if possible.

Thank you.
Old 25th July 2016, 09:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
My bluetooth on rcd 330g in my polo stopped working from this morning onwards. Iam unable to connect it to my phone and the screen says unable to connect. I tried resetting with factory settings but of no help. Can anyone please tell how to reboot my rcd 330 ?
I faced same issue a couple of times and both times Factory Reset solved the issue.

Having said that, the 330 BT really sucks. The connection is very moody. Even if it gets connected to a phone, the music wont play on the car speakers nor on the phone.
Old 25th July 2016, 09:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
I faced same issue a couple of times and both times Factory Reset solved the issue.

Having said that, the 330 BT really sucks. The connection is very moody. Even if it gets connected to a phone, the music wont play on the car speakers nor on the phone.
Strange! I've never had any BT issues whatsoever. Only issue I see is that its unable to import the entire contact list as it is too long - some 1300 entries. Its only able to import the first 200.

Bluetooth works just fine - both calls and audio streaming. I suggest you have your unit checked and if required replaced under warranty.
Old 25th July 2016, 09:58   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Strange! I've never had any BT issues whatsoever. Only issue I see is that its unable to import the entire contact list as it is too long - some 1300 entries. Its only able to import the first 200.

Bluetooth works just fine - both calls and audio streaming. I suggest you have your unit checked and if required replaced under warranty.
Yeah I can go for that but the problem is that this issue is not reproducible at will. Its intermittent. Unable to establish any pattern of its occurrences.
Old 25th July 2016, 20:53   #68
BHPian

Another inconvinience is that the music wont go mute when the reverse gear is engaged. Many a time, the rear parking sensor warning beep which is already low on sound will go unnoticed.
Old 27th July 2016, 21:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Can you show us camera mounting or where it is placed. And I would love to get more details on this like connector pins,wiring and installation process if possible.
Sorry for the delay in reply.

If anyone needs the contact details of the person who did it, please feel free to PM me, Il send you the details.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-whatsappimage20160727.jpeg  

Old 3rd August 2016, 15:36   #70
BHPian

I finally got RCD 330 G from aliexpress and looking forward to get that reverse camera. I found one for 4000 on aliexpress and it states it's OEM. As my seller was kind enough to giveaway RVC plug for free of cost so all I need is a camera now.
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I finally got RCD 330 G from aliexpress and looking forward to get that reverse camera. I found one for 4000 on aliexpress and it states it's OEM. As my seller was kind enough to giveaway RVC plug for free of cost so all I need is a camera now.
From where did you get the OPS module? Can you please share the link?
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:38   #72
BHPian

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
From where did you get the OPS module? Can you please share the link?

I'm not going to install OPS module. But still if you want that it's available on aliexpress for around 2500. I'm just going to install reverse camera.http://s.aliexpress.com/JnYBB7JJ this is what you're looking for.

Last edited by maddyguage : 3rd August 2016 at 21:45.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 20:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not going to install OPS module. But still if you want that it's available on aliexpress for around 2500. I'm just going to install reverse camera.http://s.aliexpress.com/JnYBB7JJ this is what you're looking for.
Did you manage to install the camera? I had a long discussion with the service guys at VW today. Our main topic was on installing camera without ops module. Every one of them told me that the camera alone cannot be fitted and it requires an OPS module to go along with them. I took all of them to their TD ameo and showed how a reverse camera can function on rcd 330 without any modules. Ameo has a simple reverse cam + HU set up where the music wont even mute when the reverse camera is engaged. Also the parking sensor visual display is also absent on it. Hence i convinced all of them that a simple reverse camera can be fitted on to rcd 330 without any extra modules, but how to do it is still unknown. Any experienced professional in tbhp can help here to get a proper solution for this.

Last edited by highwaypatrol : 11th August 2016 at 20:03.
Old 11th August 2016, 21:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Did you manage to install the camera? I had a long discussion with the service guys at VW today. Our main topic was on installing camera without ops module. Every one of them told me that the camera alone cannot be fitted and it requires an OPS module to go along with them. I took all of them to their TD ameo and showed how a reverse camera can function on rcd 330 without any modules. Ameo has a simple reverse cam + HU set up where the music wont even mute when the reverse camera is engaged. Also the parking sensor visual display is also absent on it. Hence i convinced all of them that a simple reverse camera can be fitted on to rcd 330 without any extra modules, but how to do it is still unknown. Any experienced professional in tbhp can help here to get a proper solution for this.

No actually I'll order camera from aliexpress and then I'll install it.

It's very simple and don't think about it much. See after placing camera in it's position, probably there will be 2 plugs. One for video output and another for power source. Connect power source to reverse light and connect output plug with long cable that will connect to the HU connector.

Now you will need a socket for video input in your HU (I got it with my HU but you can get one from aliexpress). Connect that video output cable with socket and voila. You can run reverse camera even without OPS module.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 13:06   #75
BHPian

Hello guys,
I got the RCD 330G installed in my 2013 Vento 1.6 TDI HL.
Originally, it came with the RCD 310, so no BT or aux in. Many options were considered for the upgrade (?): Caska, Witson, RCD320, RNS510 etc.
A friend of mine had told me about the pleasant experience he had with one Shalinder (Classic Car, Ramesh Nagar, Delhi) for getting an OE RNS 510 for his Vento.
So I got in touch with him and long story cut short, within 2-3 days, a almost brand new RCD 330G was already on its way to Pune. He was kind enough to include the converter wiring kit that I would need for direct plug-and-play.
Installation took hardly 3-4 minutes at Poona Motors.
The car now feels better equipped, and the HU in itself is pretty good. Limited options wrt Mirrorlink, but there are ways around it. Touchscreen is good, and typing is easy.
Thankfully, my car comes with the OPS module, so the Park Pilot feels nice to have. Will post a video of the same soon.
EDIT: Video
The clock when the unit is in standby also looks quite neat.
Overall, a great and much needed upgrade. Its a total DIY if you have the converter wiring harness.
I got all of it for Rs. 15k, which turned out to be the cheapest, yet the best option I had.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-img_0469.jpg  

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-img_0465.jpg  

Last edited by satya180 : 13th August 2016 at 13:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks