Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2016, 18:37   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Thanks, the seller was telling it won't fit skoda rapid. Then I replied saying, the current model is rcd 320 only and sent link to our official review page of TDI DSG where it shows HU and dashboard pictures. Again he replied saying, "we checked it will fit only in Octavia and not in rapid" :(

If it's RCD 320 then it should be fine. Can you share pic of your HU and dashboard. It'll be helpful if you can open HU and click a pic of connectors at the back.

As far as I know Rapid has similar features and similar wiring diagrams. But my HU comes with red backlit and Skoda has green lights in interior everywhere if I'm not wrong.
Old 15th August 2016, 18:44   #92
BHPian

Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
If it's RCD 320 then it should be fine. Can you share pic of your HU and dashboard. It'll be helpful if you can open HU and click a pic of connectors at the back.

As far as I know Rapid has similar features and similar wiring diagrams. But my HU comes with red backlit and Skoda has green lights in interior everywhere if I'm not wrong.
Mine is same as what is shown/reviewed here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3557085

Will PM you for further details...
Old 15th August 2016, 19:24   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
No matter that I do i cant see the phones screen mirrored on the head unit.

When you say "pressed the home button" which button are you referring to?

Have you tried this with a samsung s5 or s6 and made it work?
A home button appears on the screen of the head unit.

Don't have a newish Samsung device to test it with. Once I tried an s5 that belonged to a friend and it did not pair via mirror link
reignofchaos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 03:11   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
A home button appears on the screen of the head unit.

Don't have a newish Samsung device to test it with. Once I tried an s5 that belonged to a friend and it did not pair via mirror link
Could you please take a video or a couple of pictures of the screen that you get once you start mirrorlink and point out the home button you are referring to. Im not sure if the interface that shows up on the head unit is created by the firmware of the head unit or is created by the phone.

I dont get any icon that seems like a home icon. I also get 2 icons which do nothing when pressed. One looks like a trash can and the other like a screen with icons. Ill click some pick and post tomorrow and i guess then we can compare what screens we get from mirrorlink.

Thanks!
Old 16th August 2016, 09:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Could you please take a video or a couple of pictures of the screen that you get once you start mirrorlink and point out the home button you are referring to. Im not sure if the interface that shows up on the head unit is created by the firmware of the head unit or is created by the phone.

I dont get any icon that seems like a home icon. I also get 2 icons which do nothing when pressed. One looks like a trash can and the other like a screen with icons. Ill click some pick and post tomorrow and i guess then we can compare what screens we get from mirrorlink.

Thanks!
If you check the images I uploaded, you'll see a home button on the screen in one of them

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3994961

I think button is created by the phone - not by the HU.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:46   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is same as what is shown/reviewed here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3557085

Will PM you for further details...

Alright I checked that thread and it seems that Rapid has same interiors as well as same RCD-320. But steering controls look little different. I guess may be that's the reason seller said it won't fit. I think you need someone from Skoda stable to check out this matter.

But I still feel that it'll work fine in your Rapid. But ask our gurus before placing an order.
Old 25th August 2016, 18:50   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Alright I checked that thread and it seems that Rapid has same interiors as well as same RCD-320. But steering controls look little different. I guess may be that's the reason seller said it won't fit. I think you need someone from Skoda stable to check out this matter.

But I still feel that it'll work fine in your Rapid. But ask our gurus before placing an order.
got it delivered yesterday. But as the seller mentioned, its not working. Steering controls are not working and HU does not detect the ignition ON as well. Due to this, when i tried enabling bluetooth, it gives an error like "Switch ON ignition to enable bluetooth"

Any help appreciated.
Old 25th August 2016, 20:22   #98
BHPian

Quote:
got it delivered yesterday. But as the seller mentioned, its not working. Steering controls are not working and HU does not detect the ignition ON as well. Due to this, when i tried enabling bluetooth, it gives an error like "Switch ON ignition to enable bluetooth"

Any help appreciated.

Don't panic. Nothing is wrong. I guess you missed connecting those 2 wires that are for CAN-BUS. As I mentioned ago, you have to connect CAN-BUS wires from new quadlock connector to iso connector. You will see two empty sockets iso connector.

Go to any local car shop and ask for spare female pins. And connect those pins with yellow wire that came with new quadlock connector. Identify two empty pins in ISO connector. I hope I'm not confusing you.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 20:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Don't panic. Nothing is wrong. I guess you missed connecting those 2 wires that are for CAN-BUS. As I mentioned ago, you have to connect CAN-BUS wires from new quadlock connector to iso connector. You will see two empty sockets iso connector.

Go to any local car shop and ask for spare female pins. And connect those pins with yellow wire that came with new quadlock connector. Identify two empty pins in ISO connector. I hope I'm not confusing you.
Actually i went to local professional installer only and we did connect the CAN-BUS as described in Gannu's DIY thread. But its not working at all. I also bought reverse camera as well :(, but its not fitting for rapid.
Old 25th August 2016, 21:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i went to local professional installer only and we did connect the CAN-BUS as described in Gannu's DIY thread. But its not working at all. I also bought reverse camera as well :(, but its not fitting for rapid.

Alright I guess you should check it once again. See if it's done correctly, it's the only culprit. Try to connect it again using new pins. You can swap pin positions in iso connector. May be this will help.
Old 25th August 2016, 22:24   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Alright I guess you should check it once again. See if it's done correctly, it's the only culprit. Try to connect it again using new pins. You can swap pin positions in iso connector. May be this will help.
Yeah, we did test it by swapping pin positions and several attempts as well. Also tried with different quadlock connector as well(seller sent two). Nothing was working.

I feel this HU firmware is restricted to VW only, but not sure.
Old 26th August 2016, 09:35   #102
BHPian

Google search shows, some Russian guys installed this in rapid mpi 1.6 automatic. So I don't see why this is not working in my car. I started to feel, it could be the issue in this particular unit(lemon!)? Is there any way to confirm the canbus connections are fine in this HU?

Any polo/vento owners in Hosur/Bangalore can help me test this by installing in their car?
Old 26th August 2016, 13:49   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Google search shows, some Russian guys installed this in rapid mpi 1.6 automatic. So I don't see why this is not working in my car. I started to feel, it could be the issue in this particular unit(lemon!)? Is there any way to confirm the canbus connections are fine in this HU?

Any polo/vento owners in Hosur/Bangalore can help me test this by installing in their car?

Alright I'm not sure but according to me your HU is working fine. The problem is with CAN-BUS cables only. I'm saying this because when I bought RCD-330G I sold my old player RCD-320 to a friend. He installed it in his 2011 Vento. Whenever he tries to connect Bluetooth it shows "KEY OFF" error which is in fact a known error due to CAN-BUS. Older models of Vento did not come with CAN-BUS so may be that's the reason.

Try to consult any Skoda expert. I feel your BCM doesn't support this player.
Old 31st August 2016, 00:19   #104

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions around this system:

1. Have anyone changed the stock speakers?
2. What could be my choices if I can and what expenses am I looking at?
3. Can I fit a sub?

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 31st August 2016, 21:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diganta.gogoi View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions around this system:

1. Have anyone changed the stock speakers?

2. What could be my choices if I can and what expenses am I looking at?

3. Can I fit a sub?

Thanks for your inputs.

I don't know if anyone has changed stock speakers but you can definitely add a sub. I'm running on stock speakers and I've added JBL 1100 W subwoofer along with JBL 2 channel GT series amplifier.

Sound quality is pretty decent and I like mild woofer punch just like you get in a premium german cars with stock setup.

You can go for nice component speakers if you want to upgrade. It'll cost you around 10 K for a good setup. Add another 15 K for subwoofer and amplifier. But honestly stock players don't do justice to any high end speakers. That's the reason I didn't go for speaker upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks