Team-BHP - Dealer provided audio system
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Dealer provided audio system (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/17364-dealer-provided-audio-system.html)

Hi,
As an offer I am being offered a Sony car audio system by the dealer for my Tata Indigo(facelifted).
I am being ofered Sony HU-250X(which is good),Sony front speakers 4"-GM1021 and XS-GF1622 rear 5" speakers.Is this configuration good enough?I want a good peppy system with good bass.Now, in the next few months I am gonna add a 2 ch amp and a sub.Will the sub and amp work well with the speakers am going to recieve?
How different are these round 5" speakers han the 6*9 co-axial ones?what if I pay a couple of more thousand and uy the co-axial ones?
Help needed form u gurus...please:

Hello raptor,

I am pretty sure the 5" are also co-axials. (Any speaker that is 2 way, 3 way etc are all coaxial in car speakers, unless they are component speakers)

Tell me this, does your dealer offer any other speakers apart from Sony? Because I would not recommend these to you. Also, in case you do NOT take this offer- will you get a discount/cash-back on the purchase?

or try & get the HU offered & swap a sony 554ZR amp for the 4 speakers, then you can get better speakers outside & you will have a far better sound. :)

nice idea esteem but i dont think the dealer will fall for that. ask the dealer for nicer speakers.

The most imporatant part is that I dont wanna get the system installed at the dealer.I am pretty sure they dont have much expertise in this job.I think I am gonna go for the cash offer.Now this is what I had planned before-

Sony or pioneer(5650) HU
a pair of Sony/pioneer 6*9 co-axials for the rear(dunno if I should get a 2-way and 3-way?Would I be able to get the JBL speakers in the same range)
2-ch sony amp
2 front speakers
10" sub

Now please tell me is this good enough for a basic "boom" effect.Will I get these in and around Rs.15000?

what are my options if my budget doesn't allow me to have an amp and sub?will I still be able to get a decent car audio system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor3624
Sony or pioneer(5650) HU
a pair of Sony/pioneer 6*9 co-axials for the rear(dunno if I should get a 2-way and 3-way?Would I be able to get the JBL speakers in the same range)
2-ch sony amp
2 front speakers
10" sub
Rs.15000?

what are my options if my budget doesn't allow me to have an amp and sub?will I still be able to get a decent car audio system?

No my friend, I dont think you can get all of that for Rs.15000/-

You can get a nice HU (i dunno what the 5650 costs). Get a 6" component set for the front and a nice coaxial for the rear. All of that should cost you about 15K

Do dealers make a fuss when it comes to installing audio systems from an installer otherwise, as regards to the warranty? I'm a bit ignorant about ICE, as long as it plays a song I can lip sync to. It would be a valid argument, no? With the electricals involved? And I don't know of any accredited installers here anyway? So how do you counter their most obvious argument?

Well, primarily, it is recommended not to cut/clip any of the factory harness wires. Certain companies like Blaupunkt do provide car specific harnesses. Of course, they have the advantage of having MICO on their side.

However, if a system is well installed and insulated you should not have a problem. Now here's the catch:

Should you have a problem with say the chip (ecm?) and they DON'T wanna replace it for free, they will blame the HU!. I've seen this happen twice. Once the consumer just fought till he got a new chip anyways, the other wasn't so lucky.

But honestly, if you get a HU fitted later, it shouldn't really be a big deal..Besides the indica doesn't have an expensive chip does it?

a) use harnesses they are available at my dealer atleast.

b) if you are a bit unsure use the same brand but higher model that the dealer usually offers (for example the Skoda Octy used to come with the 9830 and i use a 9835 which uses the same case and hence it is simply a matter of plug and play.

c) if I ever find a HU that can upchip my ECM I'm buying it! ;-) just kidding. what does a HU have to do with an ECM? the dealer who even thought the wo are related should have his dealership revoked.

I don't have Indica, da. But I'm talking about a planned future purchase, most likely to be a econo hatch, bar the Indica. And it will have something that will go wrong, and they will find a way to blame it on the HU installed outside.

So Blaupunkt is a good thing then? They make harnesses for all cars available here?

Navin ji, aapki gaddi imported hain. I wonder if the econo segment here shows the same compassion towards their customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head
So Blaupunkt is a good thing then? They make harnesses for all cars available here?

Navin ji, aapki gaddi imported hain. I wonder if the econo segment here shows the same compassion towards their customers.

Blau have excellent service in my expereince. But my dealer had a harness that worked for a Alpine installed in an Opel Sail so there are many other harnesses out there.

BTW I thought the Octy was CKD or partly indigenised.

k guys..u lost me when u started talking about "harness"? what exactly do you mean by that?

thanks a ton for helping me out so far..but I've got a few more questions..

Lemme make my question simpler.
Imagine my budget is around 15k.What should I put in for a good ausio sys giving the best spound possible?Now,after a couple of months if I chip in 5k more..what should I do to expand the configuration that would give me good boom effect(I am guessing a sub would do)??
Mind u..my car is gonna be a brand new Indigo LX.

Can someone tell me how the speakers should be fitted in the Indigo?the front speakers should be fitted in the dashboard or is it good enough in the doors?

My final question(please bear with me..:D)..whats the best place to buy an fit my system in bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor3624
k guys..u lost me when u started talking about "harness"? what exactly do you mean by that?

Lemme make my question simpler.
Imagine my budget is around 15k.What should I put in for a good ausio sys giving the best spound possible?Now,after a couple of months if I chip in 5k more..what should I do to expand the configuration that would give me good boom effect(I am guessing a sub would do)??
Mind u..my car is gonna be a brand new Indigo LX.

Can someone tell me how the speakers should be fitted in the Indigo?the front speakers should be fitted in the dashboard or is it good enough in the doors?

My final question(please bear with me..:D)..whats the best place to buy an fit my system in bangalore?

the harness reffered here look like this....

the vehicle specific wiring harness is easliy avalable at any good installer shop. this type of harness make the install without cutting of any car installed wires every thing goes plain and simple ...the factory fitted wires for the power and speakers are used.....

with 15 k budget you could get the hu for 6-7 k and a good set of component for the front..and a sony amp to drive them....or u can drop the component and go in for coax in the front and the 6x9 in the rear and run them through the hu.....

like u said adding 5k later for the boom effect is a little less...for this you need to buy a sub and a amp for this job which will cost u nealry 3.5 k for a pioneer sub and about 4k for the sony amp...which could help you to BOOM.....

I would suggest to install 6.5 inch speaker in the door ....not in the dash....to install in the door you would need a wooden spacer ring which will make the speaker come out a bit so that the window glass does not touch the speaker back...or we can say the magnet....

I dont live in banglore so sorry I cannot help u on this part....

If the harness is gonna save a lot of "cutting-shutting" , then I think it's wise that I go for it.How much is it gonna cost me extra?

I think i'll go with the cax and 6*9 arrangement.That Parcel tray is advised,right?
How about the above arrangement and a couple of tweeters?Those aren't gonna cost me much( around a grand I think)But all the tweeters I have seen in cars rip off due to the heat from the front windshield.thats a pain.

low bass maker...thanks for the help uptill now bro..

The harness is very essential as it prevents the cars cables from being cut. It cost anwhere between 150 to 350 bucks.