Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 17:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sorry I have no knowledge of car audio dealers in Hyderabad.
Any brand suggestions for the line level connections? I have seen handful of unbranded line level convertors in the market and I don't want to get bluffed by them. I think they play major role when it comes to sound quality. Thank you so much Navin your advices are really helping me.

Last edited by ampere : 31st March 2016 at 17:44.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:31   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: ICEing up my Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
Any brand suggestions for the line level connections? I have seen handful of unbranded line level convertors in the market and I don't want to get bluffed by them. I think they play major role when it comes to sound quality. Thank you so much Navin your advices are really helping me.
I have not used one in a long while (read as decades) but maybe you can try one of these.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/rf-hlc
http://www.scosche.com/loc90-line-output-converter

I know Scosche was available freely in Mumbai a few years ago and there were a lot of duplicates also floating around. I don't know exactly what the situation is today.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Why not a DSP like the Audison Bit Ten or the Bit One.

You just need to feed in the speaker level inputs to the DSP, and you do get more options to expand in future, you could do a passive or a active setup too.

Most DSP's have 31 band EQ option; which further expands the tuning one could do.
Old 1st April 2016, 15:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
You can customize few parameters of the car like settings for follow me home, volume for the parking sensors, speed depended volume and many more.
Where did you find these settings? I don't recall seeing them in the MID Settings menu.
Old 1st April 2016, 22:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosharulvan View Post
Why not a DSP like the Audison Bit Ten or the Bit One..

A Hi-Lo converter is about 10% of the cost of a Bit One. That said a Bit One can do a lot of stuff thanks to it's DSP. Each of my cars has one.
Old 1st April 2016, 23:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A Hi-Lo converter is about 10% of the cost of a Bit One. That said a Bit One can do a lot of stuff thanks to it's DSP. Each of my cars has one.

That is in my wish list, that Will be My next upgrade.

I have contacted a dealer in hyderabad and He is offering Me a line level converter from JBL, which is costing Me INR 2000. is it worth buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Where did you find these settings? I don't recall seeing them in the MID Settings menu.
I will guide you step by step tomorrow; since I am away from my car today. Apart from those settings it also has few more cool features. I will try to give more details soon.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd April 2016 at 10:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
sumanbhokray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:30   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I have contacted a dealer in hyderabad and He is offering Me a line level converter from JBL, which is costing Me INR 2000. is it worth buying?.

It's best to try and see. I have never seen leave alone used a JBL line level converter.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I will guide you step by step tomorrow; since I am away from my car today. Apart from those settings it also has few more cool features. I will try to give more details soon.
Any update on this? I'm looking forward to accessing the 'hidden' settings.
Old 7th April 2016, 02:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Any update on this? I'm looking forward to accessing the 'hidden' settings.
I am really sorry for replying late. You can hit menu button to bring up settings menu on the screen, and from there go to vehicle settings.
There you can set parameters for rain sensing wipers and lane options.

I have seen some where on the internet that the Microsoft Sync runs on Windows 7 Embedded Automotive OS on a Intel atom processor. If that Is true then the possibility's are endless.

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2016 at 07:12.
Old 10th April 2016, 19:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I got a Ford Ecosport Trend+ a few weeks back. The first thing that hit me on turning on the audio was _ PATHETIC _ sound quality. Surprisingly the old Ford fiesta had a great audio (in comparison)

I wish to change either just the speakers, if that is worth it. Do not want audiophile quality sound - but surely want music to sound like "music" Ideal would be to get good speakers in the stock location.

The other option ofcourse would be to go for components in the front & co-axials in the rear doors. My worry is the warranty - I may like to add an amp if it justifies the betterment in sound.

Opinions welcome
Old 11th April 2016, 02:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I got a Ford Ecosport Trend+ a few weeks back. The first thing that hit me on turning on the audio was _ PATHETIC _ sound quality. Surprisingly the old Ford fiesta had a great audio (in comparison)
I wish to change either just the speakers, if that is worth it. Do not want audiophile quality sound - but surely want music to sound like "music" Ideal would be to get good speakers in the stock location.

Hi,
Welcome to the Ecosport family. My advice would be to stay with the stock speakers, if you are not adding an amplifier. The stock speakers are decent enough to produce good base effects. I strongly recommend a amplifier incase you are considering Component speakers. I would like to suggest you JBL GS-A644SI amplifier.

https://harmanaudio.in/jbl-gx-a644si...amplifier.html

Please ignore the cost in the link above, It Is a lot cheaper out in the stores. You can go for any components of your liking, you got many options from JBL and Polk audio. Don't worry about the car's warranty, it remains intact as long as you don't mess up with the OEM wiring. Ecosport has bad insulation in the cabin, so do consider damping all the 5 doors. I wish you good luck for the upgrade.

Last edited by ampere : 11th April 2016 at 02:15. Reason: Formatted
Old 11th April 2016, 09:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @sumanbhokray .

I am surprised but the speakers at even at relatively volume distort sound. Maybe it's just my car or maybe they're on a cost cutting spree !

I shall in all likelihood go with components & amp, even a subwoofer (have 2 image dynamic subwoofers)

Appreciate your feedback (Y)
Old 11th April 2016, 10:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks @sumanbhokray .

I am surprised but the speakers at even at relatively volume distort sound. Maybe it's just my car or maybe they're on a cost cutting spree !

I shall in all likelihood go with components & amp, even a subwoofer (have 2 image dynamic subwoofers)

Appreciate your feedback (Y)

Yes you are rite the sound get distorts when the base set to high. The Ecosport has a relatively powerful head unit and week speakers. I should mention no other car in this segment has such a powerful stock system.
However, this powerful head unit is not that powerful to drive component speakers. You can still try some low wattage component speakers with the stock HU but the base effect will be compromised.
If you are a driver or a front seat passenger, keep the stock speakers untouched in the back doors and change the fronts to components. In My case I am a back seat passenger most of the time, so investing on the back speakers and the sub.
Keep us updated.
sumanbhokray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:49   #29
BHPian

I don't want to start a new thread for my ICE requirements, so would like to add my query to this thread. Thanks to the OP for starting an Ecosport specific ICE thread.

I differ from the general opinion mentioned in this thread about the pathetic sound quality of Ecosport speakers. Perhaps, the distortion is the jarring sound of door panels, which I think damping would help in.

Coming back to my query, I am planning to upgrade my ICE and have a lowly budget of 20k. I am not sure what I need to add, or rather should add, but one thing that i would surely do is damping of all doors. Also, with this budget, After damping, will I be able to support a three way amp of decent quality, with a 2 way amp ? What other options do I have.

Also, has anyone in the forum installed a touch screen AVN in place of the ugly looking stock n-gage kind of ICE.
Old 5th May 2016, 23:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Coming back to my query, I am planning to upgrade my ICE and have a lowly budget of 20k. I am not sure what I need to add, or rather should add, but one thing that i would surely do is damping of all doors. Also, with this budget, After damping, will I be able to support a three way amp of decent quality, with a 2 way amp ? What other options do I have.
Do you mean 2 channel and 3 channel amp?

I have read about a touch screen HU install in the Ecosport on other forum. It requires some fiber glassing. If you want to limit the setup cost to 20K then I recommend Polk audio DSI 6500 components in the front with a JBL 4 channel amp.

I don't think 20K will be sufficient for the damping and ICE setup.

Good luck.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2016 at 07:28. Reason: Fine tuning :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks