Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 14:27   #1
BHPian

Head-unit: Any way to automatically connect smartphone via Bluetooth?

As it says in the title, On my iPhone 6 I find that I have to manually select Bluetooth and connect every time I get into the car. Doing so also throws up an error but connects anyway. Any way I can have it automatically pair with my phone when it is in range? I keep my Bluetooth on all the time in any case but sometimes forget to pair it and I dont want to fiddle around with the phoen while driving.

Also a minor annoyance - the HU device shows up as blank on my iPhone device list - any way to name it?
Old 4th April 2016, 15:38   #2
BHPian

re: Head-unit: Any way to automatically connect smartphone via Bluetooth?

My Lenovo android phone connects automatically to my Grand i10, if the Bluetooth has been left on (I usually leave it 'on'). I have also added my car as a trusted device, so that the screen does not get locked till the time it is connected to the car. Same was true with my previous BlackBerry phone.

My phone also gives and option to change the car name.

The car name appears as 'Grand i10' by default.

As for Android phones an app called 'Auto Bluetooth' can be used to turn Bluetooth 'on/off' based on different parameters, like time, location etc. Using an NFC tag is also an option.

Please check if you have a similar option for iPhones.

Last edited by sidzz : 4th April 2016 at 15:39.
sidzz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 18:01   #3
BHPian

In my case my iphone 6 plus automatically pairs with my XUV500 HU as well as grand i10 HU. I believe it connects seamlessly when you boot the HU with the phone very much in range which is the case when you start the car. If you enter the car when the system is already booted i guess it needs a manual effort. Give it a try.

Cheers
sumitdongerkery is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 23:10   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the replies @sidzz and @sumitdongerkery. Forgot to mention that the HU does have an auto connect option in the settings that was turned on but that was not working. I removed the previous pair and tried setting it up again from scratch with both options - pair from device and from HU and now it does seem to auto connect.

However, now the contacts are not syncing now and is stuck on the syncing screen at 0 :( Will fiddle with it a bit more and see if I can get both working!
Old 5th April 2016, 18:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Head-unit: Any way to automatically connect smartphone via Bluetooth?

Which HU is this? The problem is with the HU, not the iPhone. The HU sends the name string to the phone on pairing. In your case, pairing seems to have been incomplete. Pair it from the HU the first time, not the phone.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 12:23   #6
BHPian

Hi @DerAlte - It's the Hyundai Creta SX HU. I had posted it in the title but that seems to be edited by the mods - not sure why as I thought that was relevant information to the post.

I tried both options - pairing it from the phone and from the HU but it still shows as blank. Contact syncing is also not working now after removing the previous pairing (which had synced the first time) so contacts don't display on screen anymore
Old 7th April 2016, 08:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

My uncle's iPhone 5s connects to his Creta automatically. So the problem must be with the settings or specifically with iPhone 6. Why not visit the Hyundai ASS and get it rectified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks