Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 12:39   #1
BHPian

Bad ICE installation at Auto Marc, Delhi

As the title suggests, this thread is about all the bitter experiences i received from this auto marc accessories shop which is quite famous in Delhi.

This is not the first time that i am unsatisfied from them. Had a bit of bitter experiences in past too but those were minor and there was somewhere my mistake too that i fall into his talks and ended up buying stuff which were absolutely rubbish.

But this is the latest and i thought of sharing my experience with fellow bhpians.

I got icing work done for my fortuner from them on last Sunday. Components in front, coax in the rear, amplifier, damping, hi-lo convertor and wiring. The quality of work was not at all upto the mark and i was left quite a fair of disappointed seeing their work. The output wasn’t also upto the mark and left much more to be desired. They promised me that the work will take at most 1.5 hrs, which i knew is not possible at all but they shouldn't make such promises to their customers at the first place. It took them about 3-4 hrs. After which it took another hour or so for the output to make desirable. The very next day, there was a low whistling noise from the speakers. I took the car again to them. They were all ignorant and nobody actually paid much heed as to what my concern was.

I was made to stand there like a statue, i was asking them again and again to see it and then they reluctantly came and looked into the matter. After about 2 hrs of them tinkering with settings and changing wires, the output was all lost, the speakers sounded much worse than those which came factory-fitted. I mentioned them many times that it is clarity and crispness which i need and not boom-boom of base. But they will still do the opposite and say sir this is the best. Since i was running late, i thought of letting it be for now, i asked them to wind up quickly and left. As soon as i reached home, there was another kind of noise creeping in which was different from the previous one. It is like some low note of synthesiser. As of now whenever i press my accelerator, the turbo sounds is amplified with it. I called them again and the same ignorance behaviour of them continued. They were like ya ya bring it tomorrow we will see and all.

I would suggest all not to visit this place if one wants quality and reliable work.
Others can also share their experiences.

Last edited by GTO : 8th April 2016 at 13:36. Reason: Spacing
Piyush46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 13:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad ICE installation at Auto Marc, Delhi

Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Why are you wasting your time with them? Clearly, they know nothing about a quality install.

Visit someone else and get your hardware properly installed. Perfect wiring, fitting & tuning is key to a great ICE experience. Refer to the Team-BHP Directory for recommendations.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 13:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
As the title suggests, this thread is about all the bitter experiences i received from this auto marc accessories shop which is quite famous in Delhi.
Take it to "driven" in east of kailash. All your worries will be resolved then and there. Work on further upgrade is currently going on my red car.

Last edited by noopster : 9th April 2016 at 08:59. Reason: Please don't quote a large part in its entirety. Makes things difficult for our small screen users
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 13:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Why are you wasting your time with them? Clearly, they know nothing about a quality install.

Visit someone else and get your hardware properly installed. Perfect wiring, fitting & tuning is key to a great ICE experience. Refer to the Team-BHP Directory for recommendations.
I will visit someone else now. I just wanted to share my experience so that others stay cautious.

Quote:
Take it to "driven" in east of kailash.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have heard about them. The car has gone out of station at the moment, i will take it to them once it returns.
Old 9th April 2016, 00:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Automarc is the place to go for buying body kits, aftermarket lights, assorted car accessories period. They have never been known for installs.

For installs there is CarPlus in the East, Motor Concept in the West & Driven in the Southern part of the city. There is another place one in the North part but they have now morphed in to a distributor and moved on from being an install outfit. There will be others too, Dilli being a large city but these are the better known ones.

Disclaimer : I am not associated with the trade and have never used the services of any of the above mentioned places. All of my installs have taken place in Bombay and upgrades & De-install in Faridabad.
khoj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 07:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Automarc is the place to go for buying body kits, aftermarket lights, assorted car accessories period. They have never been known for installs.
I must mention this here, i had bought some accessories with them in past which were not at all of good quality. The people there are only looking forward to sell their products come what may. When the ICE installation was going on, they were very badly trying to sell me some race chip. One should be very firm and cautious with them.
Old 9th April 2016, 23:35   #7
BHPian

The reason for the whistling noise will most probably be the stock head unit. Change the head unit and it will go away. I've had a similar issue with the one in my Innova. As far as I know, the head unit is shared across both the fortuner and the Innova.

Please let me know if you find a different solution, I'll implement the same in my car as well.
Old 10th April 2016, 10:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

That must be 'Racechip'. They are distributing the product since a few months prior to the Auto Expo of this year, where they had put up a stall in the Pragati Maidan venue complete with German technicians from the factory who did all of the initial installs through the winters and trained the guys at AutoMarc.

In all probability they might have done a better job of incorporating the race chip than what they did with the ICE job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
When the ICE installation was going on, they were very badly trying to sell me some race chip. One should be very firm and cautious with them.
Old 10th April 2016, 14:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
The reason for the whistling noise will most probably be the stock head unit.
Please let me know if you find a different solution, I'll implement the same in my car as well.
I highly doubt that it is from the head unit. I think it is due to some tuning problem or maybe faulty wiring.
The car has gone out of station due to some work. As soon as i get it sorted, I will let you know, for sure.

Quote:
In all probability they might have done a better job of incorporating the race chip than what they did with the ICE job

I don't think they would have been able to do that even.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks