Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
i have a sony head ! tried connecting my w810i through the aux bus but doesn't work it needs an adapter which costs 300$ and has a usb port as well as aux in and lots of other inputs !! got an fm transmitter but sound quality is really bad! well what i thought of was probably giving a direct input to the amplifiers directly, surpassing the HU, the only thing i'd need is a switch to switch between the HU and the phone input to the amp!
There must be a menu option in the sony like there is in pioneer .....when we switch off the pioneer hu and press function key a setup menu comes in there is a option to switch on the aux in on/off.....this type of feature should be there in the sony also....check out the manual for this......
Old 4th April 2007, 00:55   #17
BHPian

chekd everything mine does'nt have the 2.5 or the 3.5 input in the front it has the audo bus used for cd changers and after alot of research found out that you need this adapter (i've forgotten the model no.) or try and get hold of an old changer and hook up an aux in thats what im planning on doing! there was also a site i found that gave circuit diagrams of how to build the adapter , but i think the changer seems to be a neater and simpler option !
Old 5th May 2007, 15:49   #18
BHPian

u have deh 6850 of pioneer. I just fitted the 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack to the aux-in. But problem is that the right side speakers are only working and the sub as well dont work. i have 2 components in front and 6*9 rear speakers with a blaupunkt bass tube.. all these powered by my 4 chanel amp. The cd and radio plays fine its only when i connect it to aux n. Need help on this.
Old 5th May 2007, 16:09   #19
BHPian

got a similar problem.I have a SE W300i,with the 3.5mm jack and my HU is sony explod cdx-r3300s(somewhere close to that..lol).got the HU a couple of years back..so dont have the manual.there's this input at the back of the HU..not sure if its aux in..got my installer to connect it using a male male connector..dint work.Anyone with any leads on whats wrong and if it will work?
Old 5th May 2007, 16:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
u have deh 6850 of pioneer. I just fitted the 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack to the aux-in. But problem is that the right side speakers are only working and the sub as well dont work. i have 2 components in front and 6*9 rear speakers with a blaupunkt bass tube.. all these powered by my 4 chanel amp. The cd and radio plays fine its only when i connect it to aux n. Need help on this.
Has to be a problem with the wire. If you got it custom-made, there must be some problem with the soldering of the wire to the connections on either jack.

Because of this, the wire/jack is probably not sending the signal for the right speakers to the HU from the MP3 player.

Or, it could be that you haven't pushed the plug in all the way into the jacks (on the HU or the MP3 player).
Old 5th May 2007, 20:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Has to be a problem with the wire. If you got it custom-made, there must be some problem with the soldering of the wire to the connections on either jack.

Because of this, the wire/jack is probably not sending the signal for the right speakers to the HU from the MP3 player.

Or, it could be that you haven't pushed the plug in all the way into the jacks (on the HU or the MP3 player).
Checked it with another wire as well. i changed the old one but still it lies the same....

im very particular if the jacks dont go in properly!!......\

Has anybody else done it?
Old 5th May 2007, 23:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked it with another wire as well. i changed the old one but still it lies the same....

im very particular if the jacks dont go in properly!!......\

Has anybody else done it?
Whoops! If its not the wire, then the problem has to be with either the socket in the HU or the socket in the MP3 player. It can't be the player or you would have known by now (regular headphones will have the same problem). Most likely there must be some problem with the 2.5mm socket at the HU end.
Old 15th May 2007, 17:13   #23

I would still suggest using a good FM Transmitter.. A Good One! something like a Belkin if someone can get it from abroad. Have used one for years and the output has been good. best of all, its wireless and doesnt mess up ur dashboard with wires..
Old 16th May 2007, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseshan View Post
I would still suggest using a good FM Transmitter.. A Good One! something like a Belkin if someone can get it from abroad. Have used one for years and the output has been good. best of all, its wireless and doesnt mess up ur dashboard with wires..
Any idea whether there are such FM transmitters for SE walkman series phones?how good is it..isint there any loss of sound quality??
Old 16th May 2007, 23:49   #25
BHPian

hehe now tht i have started tht topic and i have been able to solve my problem,i shall describe how i did it .....

okie,so heres the port of my sony walkman mobile to which i connect the headphone cable

mobile connected with the auxiliary output cable (i think this is wat its known as) tht came with the sony mobile

this is the auxiliary input port in my hu -pioneer 6850mp....it is a 2.5mm stereo port which is beneath the front panel....

in order to connect the the mobile to the head unit,i needed these convertors...the first one is the RCA to 3.5mm converter...the one shown to the right is the 3.5mm to 2.5mm stereo convertor....

mobile connected with the convertors

the convertor end,ie the 2.5mm stereo output end is then connected to 2.5mm stereo aux imput port of hu....

finally it would look like this...

okie after connectin the mobile,make sure tht the hu is switched to the aux1 mode....theres another aux port behind the hu....but for tht one the a special cable is required and also it cannot be removed when not required....the one i use is plug n play...can remove when not in use...the quality is good atleast to me considerin the low quality plug convertors i use.....
i always prefer hearing from mobile rather thn cds as making playlists is more easier n convenient in my mobile
Old 17th May 2007, 00:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hari rama..!!
The setup looks good .!! N u dont need to burn CDs anymore...
My friend also has the same setup but the problem is after some time the SE Aux cable will become loose due to excess removing n fixing the port...

Off Topic:
How come your SE mobile AUX cable is grey in colour??? Did u buy this from India??
I also have a W810 n AFAIK it comes with a black colour cable only the K750i n W700i comes with grey cables...
Old 17th May 2007, 00:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

nice work Hari Rama.....try to get some flexible cable at the HU end so that it does not get strain due to the whole socket weight...
Old 17th May 2007, 01:44   #28
BHPian

@kpzen, i bought it from abroad.....yeah the headphone cable is black in colour,but this auz cable is in grey.....actually its only now am wonderin why it is so hehe

@lbm, thanks bro ....yeah thts a good point....will look out for the next time i visit the electronics store...
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:58   #29
BHPian

I have a pio 6950IB, here are few pics while installing aux-in cable.
its pretty easy.

Quote:

i had similar problem but solved it by changing the cable.

Last edited by overdose14 : 23rd May 2007 at 15:00.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
I have a pio 6950IB, here are few pics while installing aux-in cable.
its pretty easy.

i had similar problem but solved it by changing the cable.

Over you are using the 3.5 mm plug on both the ends....but the older model that is 6850 requires 2.5mm at one end......as the standard headphone jack is 3.5 mm one....also the aux in is on the back side of the HU in your case but in 6850 it is in the front below the face plate....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks