Team-BHP - how to give input to hu via 3.5mm stereo plug
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   how to give input to hu via 3.5mm stereo plug (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/17709-how-give-input-hu-via-3-5mm-stereo-plug.html)

hi friends, i hav a pioneer 6850 and i want to connect my w810i walkman phone to the car stereo.the phone has 3.5mm stereo plug out.can i fit it to the car stereo?really love the quality of the phone clap:
thanks for the reply :)

hari_rama,

Does Pioneer 6850 Has AUX In ?? If Yes Then You Can Connect Your SE To Hu With Single Cable.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

accordin too the manula it says there is two aux input..one is 2.5 mm and other is ip bus rca interconnector.i don know which one is suitable in my case.my phones output is 3.5mm stereo plug.please help me out

buy a phone hand free(not of sony) which has a 2.5 mm pin and a old head phones with 3.5 mm ....cut them and connect them with the help of a multimeter......with the same points.....vola the cable is made...and u can listen to ur mp3 from phone through the hu

Dont u get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm male-male connector?

No Even if you manange to get one people would charge you a good amount.I tried the opposite to connect my n-gage to the car stereo got a 2.5 to 3.5 mm converter and used the cassete adapter method only treble no bass.Then when I tried it using another converter one into two and then into the audio input for the external cd changer but it did not recognize.
Can somebody help me out in this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 302849)
Dont u get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm male-male connector?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvedup (Post 386556)
...I tried the opposite to connect my n-gage to the car stereo got a 2.5 to 3.5 mm converter and used the cassete adapter method only treble no bass.

The 2.5 to 3.5mm (male to male) is quite easy to get. You'll get it from nearly any Electronics supplies stores. MX makes a good quality one. There are quite a few people on the forum using this solution for the 6850.

MX should be easily available in Delhi, as their factory is in Noida, if I'm not mistaken.

revvedup, were you not able to use a 2.5 to 3.5 cable? Is that why you had to use a cassette adapter? From your post I guess you mean that you were able to get an adapter for the Ngage? (Pop-port to 3.5mm adapter)

I don't recommend the connector as there are always issues with it not being a correct fit.
I was making a camera remote using this, and I found that I had to fiddle quite a bit for the contact. In the end I used the wire cutting and joining solution.

get a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable.....it should solve your problem. ive done this and use my phone some times..works fine.

Rev

I was able to use the converter not the ad-51 adapter but since my car's hu does not have an aux in I had to use a cassette adapter moreover it doesn't recognize the mobile via the rca audio in for the cd changer.What I was asking that the lack of bass is it due to the mobile's output or because of the cassette adapter.I was told that you need a music phone if you want bass from the speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech (Post 386618)
get a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable.....it should solve your problem. ive done this and use my phone some times..works fine.

Rev

agree: MX has a cable with a 3.5mm female at one one and a 2.5mm male at the other. This is all you need and it does work well.

yeah thats the one im using.and its nice.
there are two type.just ask for the better quality one i think it should cost you around 150 bucks od.comes gold plated :-)

hi,

i diyed the cable for my n91. the hu has a 2.5mm input some call it mini headphone pin it cost me about 20 bucks i guess. and its quite easy to do it.

cheers
clip

i have a sony head ! tried connecting my w810i through the aux bus but doesn't work it needs an adapter which costs 300$ and has a usb port as well as aux in and lots of other inputs !! got an fm transmitter but sound quality is really bad! well what i thought of was probably giving a direct input to the amplifiers directly, surpassing the HU, the only thing i'd need is a switch to switch between the HU and the phone input to the amp!

speedomania what adapter you talking about ? i have connected my k 750i using a 3.5 mm jack to 2.5 mm jack stereo cable an works fine...

Rev