Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:05   #136
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Nice HU I have the same one planned. Happy to hear the positive feedback on the HU from a fellow BHPian who has the same car (right down to the variant) as mine.

Did you manage your MID settings back? furthermore, can you please shed some insights on the damping and installation procedure. Thanks!
Have you completed your installation? Pics and initial observations please
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:58   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Looks neat. How do the steering audio controls work now?
There is a learning function in the pioneer head unit and all the steering controls are working perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Does the Wireless Android Auto work seamlessly?

Can you still use the phone for 'other' things? Use case: switching on navigation for the driver, music for everyone but continuing mail/ whatsapp

Did not understand the bit about the "tabs in the cluster" being blank. Are you talking about the instrument cluster behind the wheel?

Finally, does the unit switch off if you start the car? They said you can install an inline capacitor to overcome it. Have you done it?
Android auto is very buggy on my note 20 ultra and keeps on disconnecting after a while.It seems to work properly on the iphone 11 pro.No problem with wireless carplay.
The unit restarts every time at the crank,dont know about the inline capacitor.
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 15:34   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
There is a learning function in the pioneer head unit and all the steering controls are working perfectly.
This head unit looks neat and pretty OEM.What about the music and navigation sections in the instrument cluster. Have they started working? I am also planning to get the same installed in my Fortuner. The only let down would be if any stock functions are compromised.
Old 19th June 2021, 16:11   #139
BHPian

Can anyone help me with the speaker polarity color code on all 4 doors? ( +ve and -ve)
Old 7th August 2021, 07:36   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Any information, Is it possible to fit infotainment from new Crysta on the previous generation Crysta which I bought on October 2019.

Just pinged my SA on this, didn't get any response so far. My gut feel is Toyota may charge a bomb for it if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
I have been waiting for the updated infotainment to retrofit into my fortuner for a while now. Had enquired with my local dealer in Bangalore and guess what's the estimate from the accessories team? 1,75,000. I am not sure if its a typo or just a bad year end joke!

I am waiting for other members to check and update on this thread.
Dear folks,

Any update on the cost of new Crysta HU? I sorely miss CarPlay in my 2020 Crysta. I am not an audiophile, and need it for navigation. Using a mobile mount on windscreen for maps is an eye sore, in a car costing over 2 millions. I find the stock HU's voice call clarity the best compared to the aftermarket HU I have used so far (in other cars). Cant afford compromise on call quality. DMH-ZS9350BT seems like a good option, considering it fits like OEM. How is the BT voice clarity of DMH-ZS9350BT ? Mind sharing a few pics.

Thanks and regards
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 22:11   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of 2.4Z AT crysta last week and replaced the horrible stock headunit with pioneer DMH-ZS9350BT
No aftermarket fascia required it was a direct flush fit.
Wireless Android auto and Alexa is quite cool.The dash looks very premium now.

The only downside is the navigation and music tab in the cluster is blank,dont know if theres a way to get that working.

Mrp is 79,990 ,bought it from a pioneer authorised dealer for Rs 59,000.
Hi Kedar, That is one nice Head Unit. I am also looking to install this in my City. Can you please let me know from where did you buy the system?
Old 17th August 2021, 13:05   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hi Kedar, That is one nice Head Unit. I am also looking to install this in my City. Can you please let me know from where did you buy the system?
I had got it from Milan subway Cartouch,Ramesh:9821462424/9320299999.
Alternatively you can also check with SoundFX,Viki:9821137909
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I had got it from Milan subway Cartouch,Ramesh:9821462424/9320299999.
Alternatively you can also check with SoundFX,Viki:9821137909
Thanks a lot! I will check with them.
Old 11th September 2021, 14:34   #144
BHPian

Dear Folks,

I am in market looking to replace the stock HU of my 2020 Crysta GX

My requirements are
1 Voice clarity over phone calls
2 Google/ apple maps navigation
3 Proper fitment

I am not an audiophile and I am ok with the sound quality of the OEM setup. May consider upgrading the stock speakers though.
Budget: 50K, can stretch in case of worthy options availability.

I went to my trusted accessories shop and short listed a few

1 Pioneer ZS 9350 BT INR 60-80K
It is a perfect fit for the Crysta, how ever it seems to be out of stock in NCR. Last known price is 60k That will be a bit of stretch of budget but worth considering due to perfect fit, wireless AA/CP with Alexa built in. Not sure when the same may be back in stock and at what price.

2 Pioneer ZS 8290 BT INR 45K
8 inch HU, needs an additional fascia to fit the crysta. The panel as claimed on the website is not available anywhere or atleast the dealer is not aware of. Checked with few other shops and got a blank.
It may not be a perfect fit but fits my budget perfectly. Aesthetics will be compromised for sure. Another issue is that the data cable will be left in the dashboard. It will be difficult to connect the phone from drivers seat and dangling cables will look ugly.

3. Branded Android HUs INR 20-40k
I considered a few, so called branded ones. Blaupunkt Key Largo with 2gb ram and 16 gb storage. Costs close to 20k. Another soon to be launched Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 4/32 gb retailing at 35k. The vendor suggested me a brand of yesteryears Nakamichi. It has specifications and price similar to Blaupunkt. With 9" screen size these Android HU are a perfect fit. At this price point I can consider damping and speaker upgrade as well.

My dilemma is

a. Is it worth waiting and spending 60-80 K for the Pioneer system? Will they last 8-10 years. Are they really worth the price difference since my requirements are limited? Is some new technology catching up with the HUs that I am not aware of?

b. Are these (?) branded Android HU any better than the non branded ones. Are these android HUs like our mobiles, showing signs aging, hanging and slowing down with time. Should I go ahead with the 2/16 GB models at 20k and consider changing the HU after another 3-4 years? Or should I consider the 4gb/32 gb models at 35k. At 35k I some how feel I should go ahead with 8 inch pioneer HU.

c. Is there a way/Jugaad to have AA/CP work with the stock unit? There are few products and videos online, which suggest the same can be done. Not sure of the quality and availability in India.

d. Is there something else available in market I am not aware of?

Hope the Gurus can help me out.

Thanks and regards
Bravo

Last edited by bravo82in : 11th September 2021 at 14:39.
Old 20th September 2021, 15:27   #145
SGK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Dear Folks,

Hope the Gurus can help me out.

Thanks and regards
Bravo
Hi Bravo,

Were you able to finalize on any of the above points, I own 2016 2.8Z and I am in similar dilemma. My budget is around 50 K and checking if I can upgrade the speakers and decent HU for the same budget.
Old 21st September 2021, 08:40   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGK View Post
Hi Bravo,

Were you able to finalize on any of the above points, I own 2016 2.8Z and I am in similar dilemma.
I have narrowed down to Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 980 (~35K) and Sony XAV AX-8000 (~25K)
Have more faith in Sony ACP/ AA than Blaupunkt android HU. However Sony’s display is VGA and is floating type. Blaupunkt is OEM fit but runs the risk for being outdated (it’s quadcore with 4/32 Gb) in another 4-5 yrs
Yet undecided.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:00   #147
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the OEM backdated head unit that comes in the GX? The one without the maps. Wanted to check if the firmware of the same can be updated to have higher version of mirror link that support modern phones. Present one supports mirrorlink 1.0 which runs on Android 4.3 and below.

Otherwise which is the best sub 40k head unit (checked the post above from bravo82in) that does not need speaker upgrade and all integration work fine, I have the multi terrain monitoring /360 view installed and need gmaps and Spotify to integrate and run. Android Auto and Apple Carplay are must.

Last edited by haisaikat : 21st September 2021 at 11:08.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 06:56   #148
Senior - BHPian

If anyone is swapping out an OE Crysta ice with Android Auto, I would be happy to buy it off you!

I dont want to muck around with the looks and dont really need high end sound in a workhorse (I have already upgraded the speakers, added an amp and added a sub)
Old 9th November 2021, 11:14   #149

I will suggest to go with Sony XAV 8100, 9inch floating. It is the upgraded version of XAV 8000. This comes additionally with weblink feature. Feature in the link below.
https://electronics.sony.com/audio/c...io/p/xavax8100

I have been trying to get the Pioneer 9350 BT, but it is out of stock everywhere in Bangalore. If anyone has knowledge of where its available please update on the location / contacts.
Old 19th November 2021, 09:39   #150
BHPian

Hi,

I have a 2016 Innova Crysta 2.8Z. Extremely well maintained and cared for. I am not an audiophile, all I care about is convenience.

From that pov, I would like to replace the head unit of my car with something that gives me the convenience of (1) android auto, (2) all functionality of the existing setup (3) fully functional streeing controls (4) Branded, good quality with warranty for peace of mind (5) Fits smug without visibly altering the looks of the dash from the current setup and (6) Is plug and play. I don't need anything with bells and whistles.

I am ideally looking for something under 20k that gets the job done. I have scoured this forum - I see complete revamps of the setup or very expensive head units being discussed.

Is there anything the esteemed members of this forum can recommend that meets my brief.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks