Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 22:43   #76
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kochi
Posts: 8
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

AVHX-8890BT
Android Auto and Car Play
got 2 USB ports, Android Auto and Car play work only in the respective USB slots.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_8200.jpg  

ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_8203.jpg  

ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_8204.jpg  

sanoobhusain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 06:04   #77
BHPian
 
ansumaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I did the exact thing that you have asked for - OE HU with amp & sub. The speakers need to be upgraded even if you do not want an amp.


I am not an audiophile; this setup sounds good enough for my kind of music. Do not know about the preamp out.

As an aside, nowadays off market headunits come with a harness that lets you control them from existing steering wheel controls. So that should not stop you.
My delivery of a ZX AT is planned next week. While inquiring about fixing an amp in the showroom , the accessory guy informed that since the HU lacks pre-amp output he cant fix one. If Amp is fixed with speaker level inputs then there will be a humming sound . Are you guys facing any such issues ?

I'll check with Sachin's auto shop /Audio planet as mentioned in earlier posts.
ansumaan is offline  
Old 12th March 2018, 23:47   #78
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanoobhusain View Post
AVHX-8890BT
Android Auto and Car Play
got 2 USB ports, Android Auto and Car play work only in the respective USB slots.
How much did the HU cost?
kibzu is offline  
Old 13th March 2018, 00:37   #79
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kochi
Posts: 8
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Cost was 40k + 5k for camera, speakers another 10.
Purchase and installation from Lanson Toyota Chennai. They ordered and got the HU from Pioneer on request. Prices however have gone upwards for the same model when checked with a friend.
Overall perfectly happy with its performance. Connect Android Auto and map is on the dash, so no loss of precious view area. Plays almost all video formats from the usb, have not tried AUX. Optional is rear seat entertainment system. Phone connectivity and CarPlay are added advantage, but no maps in CarPlay India is a spoiler. Hope info is relevant.
DRIVE SAFE.
sanoobhusain is offline  
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:36   #80
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL01
Posts: 5,234
Thanked: 6,116 Times
Default Amazon Music

I have been using firetv stick with the 8890BT in my Crysta since a while. Fed up with the local FM stations I was using the tuner app in firetv to listen to some good international music stations, then came amazon music and it is now awesome. There is a dedicated wifihotspot in the car for the firetv and everything is hidden from view.

ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-28701511_2044006479220068_2931458466687689210_o.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can you confirm how much did you paid for these, as per local auto shop here, these are a direct fit and no spacers will be required - Model Number is 165TOY. I am getting these at around 32K for a set of 4.

https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...toyotar/165toy
Did you get this? If not I would suggest not.
I had the VW equivalent of these speakers installed in the Polo GT, while it was better than stock it is not worth the price. In short I wouldn't buy it again.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd March 2018 at 19:47.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:22   #81
Distinguished - BHPian
 
R2D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,889
Thanked: 4,095 Times
Default Re: Amazon Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have been using firetv stick with the 8890BT in my Crysta since a while.
But wouldn't it be simpler to use the dedicated Amazon Music app and stream audio via BT from your phone? Or, am I missing something? Does the FS (I don't have one) also stream videos? Also, how do you connect it to your head-unit?

PS - I have a Pioneer HU in my car hence asking.

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd March 2018 at 10:23.
R2D2 is offline  
Old 23rd March 2018, 19:36   #82
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 3,726
Thanked: 10,121 Times
Default Re: Amazon Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Did you get this? If not I would suggest not.
I had the VW equivalent of these speakers installed in the Polo GT, while it was better than stock it is not worth the price. In short,wores I wouldn't buy it again.
Looks I read this late, got only last week. Yes, the are Ok-ish but that's primarily due to being driven by the stock system. I have not got the amplifier, given my requirements. No wires were cut or extra holes drilled, it was plug and play. Installer, riveted back the new speakers, unlike old days when they will screw or tighten using nuts. I see a lot of improvements, things are changing for better

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd March 2018 at 19:37.
Turbanator is offline  
Old 24th March 2018, 18:14   #83
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL01
Posts: 5,234
Thanked: 6,116 Times
Default Re: Amazon Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
But wouldn't it be simpler to use the dedicated Amazon Music app and stream audio via BT from your phone? Or, am I missing something? Does the FS (I don't have one) also stream videos? Also, how do you connect it to your head-unit?

PS - I have a Pioneer HU in my car hence asking.
I did not want the phone to be tied up to the entertainment system and thus the decision to go for separate hotspot as well as firetv stick. This would also allow me to watch videos and with it's inbuilt screen mirroring option I can mirror the phone screen wirelessly. Tried it and works good for youtube videos.

Connection is via HDMI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Looks I read this late, got only last week. Yes, the are Ok-ish but that's primarily due to being driven by the stock system. I have not got the amplifier, given my requirements. No wires were cut or extra holes drilled, it was plug and play. Installer, riveted back the new speakers, unlike old days when they will screw or tighten using nuts. I see a lot of improvements, things are changing for better
I only saw your post when i visited this thread after so many days, else would have informed earlier.

Focal is better than OE but i feel for the price it could be better. I also ran it without the amp in the Polo directly off RCD510 headunit. The install is a breeze and is as good as OE that I liked about the Focal.

For the Crysta I bought a set of 4 Toyota spec MDF adapters from Innovative Solutions and they bolt into the door using the existing three holes.

For speaker wires metra adapters are available it clips to stock harness and convert to a pigtail with two female spade connectors.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 10:58   #84
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 9
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

I am owner of z 2.8 model and have been wanting to upgrade the ICE but I am confused between Sony XAV AX-5000 and Pioneer AVHX-8890BT. The OEM Head Unit in my car is practically useless as you can't use the navigation (I prefer Google Maps) and the Bluetooth connectivity is not that sharp either.

I prefer the sony mainly to due to the low price point of Rs 24000

But I am also confused as how will I manage to fit a 6.95 inch screen were the original 9 inch screen was fitted.
vinayak648o is offline  
Old 1st August 2018, 18:06   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
My delivery of a ZX AT is planned next week. While inquiring about fixing an amp in the showroom , the accessory guy informed that since the HU lacks pre-amp output he cant fix one. If Amp is fixed with speaker level inputs then there will be a humming sound . Are you guys facing any such issues ?

I'll check with Sachin's auto shop /Audio planet as mentioned in earlier posts.
I am using Mosconi Gladen 4 to 6 Digital Audio Processor for HI to Low conversion, a DSP and 4 channel to 5 channel converter.
With that i am using DD Audio D5.1000 Amp which has a 5 channel output for speakers and Sub.
you can simply go with a good 'HI to Low Converter'. Amps these days have HI input option but it s pretty much useless.
I Have never faced any alternator whining or humming noises.
Tho i sometimes hear a momentary buzzing noise when i switch my headlights on or off, since my Hi beam and Fogs are upgraded to HID Bulbs using relay which direcly draws power from the battery.
Make sure you use couplers for wiring, as cutting any wire will lead to loss of warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak648o View Post
I am owner of z 2.8 model and have been wanting to upgrade the ICE but I am confused between Sony XAV AX-5000 and Pioneer AVHX-8890BT. The OEM Head Unit in my car is practically useless as you can't use the navigation (I prefer Google Maps) and the Bluetooth connectivity is not that sharp either.

I prefer the sony mainly to due to the low price point of Rs 24000

But I am also confused as how will I manage to fit a 6.95 inch screen were the original 9 inch screen was fitted.
The HU is a gem, the speakers are what are bad.
That being said, I would strong suggest against changing the OEM HU.
The OEM HU has many CanBus features like mileage display and system Configuration.For the GPS, i can suggest a Practical Contraption i am using.
1. A Cheap big (6.5+ inch) phone. (I am using Mi Max with Jio sim)
2. Magnetic or Fixed Mobile Holder.
Attaching a pic of my setup for better understanding.
advantages:
1. seamless android auto.
2. OEM HU can automatically connect to multiple phones (1 for calls , 2nd for music) so you can play you music via bluetooth streaming using your fav apps.
3. Much cheaper and wont void your car warranty.
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta-photo-ashish-gupta.jpg
Lego28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 19:46   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,043
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
<Snip>
...
advantages:
1. seamless android auto.
How are you getting android auto on stock ICE? I was following you like a lion until that statement.

I have a VX and have the stock HU. (Without navigation)

Would dearly love to be able to display my map on the HU.

Please let me know how!

Pretty please?
sridhu is offline  
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:06   #87
BHPian
 
ansumaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
you can simply go with a good 'HI to Low Converter'. Amps these days have HI input option but it s pretty much useless.
I Have never faced any alternator whining or humming noises.
Tho i sometimes hear a momentary buzzing noise when i switch my headlights on or off, since my Hi beam and Fogs are upgraded to HID Bulbs using relay which direcly draws power from the battery.
Make sure you use couplers for wiring, as cutting any wire will lead to loss of warranty.


The HU is a gem, the speakers are what are bad.
That being said, I would strong suggest against changing the OEM HU.
The OEM HU has many CanBus features like mileage display and system Configuration.For the GPS, i can suggest a Practical Contraption i am using.
1. A Cheap big (6.5+ inch) phone. (I am using Mi Max with Jio sim)
2. Magnetic or Fixed Mobile Holder.
Attaching a pic of my setup for better understanding.
advantages:
1. seamless android auto.
2. OEM HU can automatically connect to multiple phones (1 for calls , 2nd for music) so you can play you music via bluetooth streaming using your fav apps.
3. Much cheaper and wont void your car warranty.
Attachment 1785898
Thank you Lego28 , I will check with the installer . Planning to get the Speakers changed mid Aug .
I like your idea of having a separate phone with jio sim for Navigation and music . That saves the money and the primary phone's battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
How are you getting android auto on stock ICE? I was following you like a lion until that statement.

I have a VX and have the stock HU. (Without navigation)
Would dearly love to be able to display my map on the HU.
Please let me know how!
Pretty please?
The mobile screen can not be mirrored to HU . But you can install android auto on the spare phone and there are few automation tricks like switching on the phone as the car is powered on , launching android auto UI as soon as BT is connected will improve your experience ( few DYI tricks available in YouTube)
ansumaan is offline  
Old 10th August 2018, 13:49   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,023
Thanked: 4,005 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Other than MegaAudio which offer 9 inch HU for Crysta, are there any reliable manufacturers offering the same? How much does Toyota stock HU cost?
PrideRed is offline  
Old 23rd August 2018, 13:36   #89
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 362 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

I have the top of the line Innova Crysta AT with the OEM head unit. My kids are very keen to get a rear entertainment system with screens on the back of the headrests installed in the car. Please suggest which is the best option compatible with the cars's unit or otherwise.
Thanks.
manishk123 is offline  
Old 23rd August 2018, 17:14   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,043
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I have the top of the line Innova Crysta AT with the OEM head unit. My kids are very keen to get a rear entertainment system with screens on the back of the headrests installed in the car. Please suggest which is the best option compatible with the cars's unit or otherwise.
Thanks.
You get stand alone replacement headrest mounted screens with BT, USB play etc.

That will address your needs best, I think

The brand that my friend uses in his Fortuner is called Red Soul. He is quite happy.

Number +91 8041632121. The number may not be current

Last edited by sridhu : 23rd August 2018 at 17:18.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks