Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2006, 16:05   #16
BANNED

I always play me audio in normal speech volume with the Sub on. Will it affect a child's ear?
Sometimes I have to push the Sub level to Zero or Minus 2 in some low end heavy songs, so that it doesn't become Bass heavy!
Old 7th October 2006, 19:49   #17
BHPian

Music which is soft & melodious does have an effect on humans as well as animals.
Long time back i read a study report in which it was found that milk yield has been increased in cows/buffalos when they were given daily does of soft and melodious music in some western country.
Old 7th October 2006, 21:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I always play me audio in normal speech volume with the Sub on. Will it affect a child's ear?
Sometimes I have to push the Sub level to Zero or Minus 2 in some low end heavy songs, so that it doesn't become Bass heavy!
What you just described is indeed the most perfect way to casually listen to audio. Child or not, that's the way to do it.
Old 8th October 2006, 19:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
it was found that milk yield has been increased in cows/buffalos when they were given daily does of soft and melodious music
Yes I also heard that listening to soft and melodious romantic music makes it easier to access the same department in young attractive women.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th October 2006 at 19:06.
Old 8th October 2006, 20:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Yes I also heard that listening to soft and melodious romantic music makes it easier to access the same department in young attractive women.
Not just heard but u must have experienced it many times.....and i hope not in cows and buffaloes

BTW Sam we at ICE forum r luckier than members on other forums coz we get to hear soft and melodious more often than them except...perhaps LBM who likes to hear it louder. Not sure how he manages to access what u have talked about.....

Last edited by rsjaurr : 8th October 2006 at 20:19.
Old 8th October 2006, 20:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not just heard but u must have experienced it many times.....and i hope not in cows and buffaloes

BTW Sam we at ICE forum r luckier than members on other forums coz we get to hear soft and melodious more often than them except...perhaps LBM whom likes to hear it louder. Not sure how he manages to access what u have talked about.....
I disagree with Sam, the louder the music, the better it is. That way the lady can't hear you venting out flatulence induced by excessive carbonated alcohol consumption from both ends of the alimentary canal.
Old 8th October 2006, 21:02   #22
BANNED

Guys, take it easy!
It's getting loud a bit. And if the mods come in now, they'll cause trouble that's not just limited to eardrums.

Btw, nice to know I'm listening music the way it's supposed to be. Any more worthy suggestions in this department?
Old 8th October 2006, 21:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, take it easy!
It's getting loud a bit. And if the mods come in now, they'll cause trouble that's not just limited to eardrums.

Btw, nice to know I'm listening music the way it's supposed to be. Any more worthy suggestions in this department?
Honestly speaking, you sound like a Mod yourself! .

Anyway, you're good with the way you're listening to music in the car, nothing to worry about. If you want to overload your eardrums sometimes, it's best to pay a visit to the friendly neighbourhood night club. Unless you're LBM, who I believe, prefers to have the nightclub in his car! I have had friends and clients alike who have wanted insane spl levels in their cars. I have always thought it my moral responsibility to tell them what the consequences of the same could be. Needless to say, after the setup and tuning, I have not engaged in listening to those setups for extended periods of time.

I used to DJ very extensively a few years ago. I would leave the console whenever a co-DJ turned up the booth monitors too loud. Ghastly as it may sound, there are a lot of DJs who have a reduced level of hearing because they have been accustomed to keeping monitors and headphones too loud. They don't even realize it now since they have been so used to high SPL levels. I shudder to think of the consequences lest I had fallen prey to their mistakes. Thankfully, I can feel the painful sensation whenever I take up the headphones or enter the console just after they're through, and re-calibrate them to my needs.

As a general word of caution, any sort of discomfort felt during listening, even if not originating from the ears, is dangerously loud. It should be calm and soothing, devoid of any sort of fatigue. If not, you're in grave danger.
Old 8th October 2006, 22:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
except...perhaps LBM who likes to hear it louder. Not sure how he manages to access what u have talked about.....
People I am not a deaf and I dont listen to my ICE setup not that loud which is harmful to anyone....If u want to know in db scale I listen to max 90db And I dont think It is loud enough to make any one deaf or lose the ability to tell what is SQ or SPL.....So i dont think I am a loud listener and having two subs does not mean that it is a SPL setup....... my subs are at -6 setting approx evertime....so that all the setup playes balanced not that the subs pumping the bass and the front cannot match them.....so stop stating that I am a SPL manic like busted.....even he has dropped his three subs...
Old 8th October 2006, 23:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
People I am not a deaf and I dont listen to my ICE setup not that loud which is harmful to anyone....If u want to know in db scale I listen to max 90db And I dont think It is loud enough to make any one deaf or lose the ability to tell what is SQ or SPL.....So i dont think I am a loud listener and having two subs does not mean that it is a SPL setup....... my subs are at -6 setting approx evertime....so that all the setup playes balanced not that the subs pumping the bass and the front cannot match them.....so stop stating that I am a SPL manic like busted.....even he has dropped his three subs...
Lbm, there's nothing wrong with having a system like yours which has the potential to be turned up a bit when needed. The only important thing is to religiously follow what you have in your signature .."Boom Responsibly". It's easy for even guys with insufficient power to turn up their systems loud enough to hurt themselves. Amplifier Clipping is not harmful for speakers alone... ears too!
Old 8th October 2006, 23:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Lbm, there's nothing wrong with having a system like yours which has the potential to be turned up a bit when needed. The only important thing is to religiously follow what you have in your signature .."Boom Responsibly". It's easy for even guys with insufficient power to turn up their systems loud enough to hurt themselves. Amplifier Clipping is not harmful for speakers alone... ears too!
Yes Partner I agree with you full BOOM RESPONSIBLY.... but I can say one more thing Headroom.......Also it helps in some show off also.....
Old 8th October 2006, 23:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

aint ther a place in Europe where the newborns are kept in nursery where Beethoven etc are played? ( via headphones?)
Old 9th October 2006, 00:56   #28
BANNED

Why you wanna know JK? Wish to send LBM there?
(It's only a joke LBM. I accept you're a responsible booming guy!)

In my Bandpass setup, sometimes you can only feel the bass and not actually hear it. How'bout that? Is it ok?
I think this should be asked to some doctor. Ney? Ok, we have one here too.
Old 9th October 2006, 10:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my Bandpass setup, sometimes you can only feel the bass and not actually hear it. How'bout that? Is it ok?
I think it is beccause of the band pass sub it would be over powering the whole setup..as the bandpass are not good for sq setup I would rather suggest get a another sub and install it in a sealed box to get the best response....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks