Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2006, 14:55   #1
jp1
BHPian

Anybody having experience buying speakers from ebay.in. The pricing is substantially cheaper for JBL compared to shops.
Old 5th October 2006, 15:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

i dunno if somebody at ebay.in sells JBL speakers, even if they do, they are gray without B & W. Gray JBL will be cheaper in market when u compare with ebay.in. A personal suggestion, go for genuine, with B & W. dont look on saving for few hundred bucks and put yourself into a situation called " Trouble with JBL"
Old 5th October 2006, 15:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

products on ebay, sify etc etc come with dealer warranty and not manufacturer's warranty. whether they have been legally imported or not, i do not know. one of the reasons why they sell for much cheaper prices is that they operate online without much overheads, which is good for the consumer.
Old 5th October 2006, 16:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Well I can answer the JBL specific bit.If the seller is an authorised JBL dealer and bills you as such, you will get warranty from JBL, no matter where you buy from. Otherwise, like esteem said, only dealer assurance.

I just have 2 points to make
1. This dealer looks official to me(if you check, the pictures of the products are from www.fxaudio.com) so if you like, you can go ahead and purchase online.
2. Substantially cheaper? I don't think so at all. The prices are almost the same as MRSP with NO discount, and you'll have to pay additional to fit it in your car. So why would you buy from here?

In fact the given price ^^ of the CS2104 is higher than the MSRP, which is Rs. 1899/-

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th October 2006 at 16:07.
Old 5th October 2006, 17:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

plus shipping , plus could be damaged while being shipped, plus all the trouble of sending it back & getting a replacement, do you want to go through that ?
Old 5th October 2006, 17:11   #6
BANNED

Some are fascinated by online shopping, eCommerce and eCash etc.... And for that lot of onliners, the eBay will be ok. Otherwise it ain't worth the pain at all.
Old 5th October 2006, 20:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, don't buy anything (especially electronics) off eBay (or from any other website for that matter), if you can buy it from a shop in your city. I buy a lot of stuff online (mostly software, audiobooks, and hard-to-get/rare books) and I buy electronic stuff online only if I can't buy it from within my city (or get it ordered for me by a dealer/shop in my city).

Believe me, the (very) small savings you generally make by buying electronic stuff online will sooner or later come back to haunt you. Now this doesn't apply to a lot of other things like books and (well reviewed and trialable) software where what you get is certain in terms of "will it work properly?" & "will it be exactly what i expected it'll be?". Anything I'm likely to need to get exchanged/repaired/custom installed/fitted/worked-on by somebody other than myself is a definite no-no as far as I'm concerned.

As usual, I said a lot in one post. Hope this helped.
Old 5th October 2006, 22:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

In todays world of ecommerce its great to buy online, but that trend has not caught up as well in India yet,in the US people buy almost anything and everything online,but their advantage is their online sellers are relaible, and people are accountable by the law, our country is like Free For AllArena, if you get conned , you cant do anything, for that matter in the US also sometimes you cant do anything if you don't have the knowledge about organisations like the Better Business Bureau, and people listed with the bureau etc are reliable,Now coming back to India, the easiest way of determining how a online eBay seller is to read his feedbacks, see what is the rating, anything above 99 % +ve is good, now if it is less than that, then check how many feedbacks the seller has, if above 200 then check the negative feedback comments, scan through few pages and read those comments, you kinda getan insight on what went wrong. One major difference in India is, the selling price online is sameas MRP at the store and at times more, where as in USA, the online selling price is usually 1/2 or 70 % of MRP, not any more, this is mainly because of a lot of comettition online and some sellers are not genuine with their warranties and sources they get their stuff from Blah Blah long story. Also authorised retailers are not allowed to sell below a certain price in the USA at their physical stores, and the same Retailers are not allowed to sell that inventory online, hence their market is a lot more organised.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 5th October 2006 at 22:56.
Old 5th October 2006, 23:46   #9
BHPian

I bought my Kicker KS5.2 and KS6.2 Components off ebay USA and fitted them on my NHC CVT here..
They were original box packed,brand new..but NO WARRANTY..only 14 days Money back policy from seller incase the product is defective..
But hey - best thing was the price..
It cost me $200 for both component sets together !..(including all taxes/shipping to Florida)..
Compare this to the Indian MRP of Rs28,000 or so for both these component sets combined..so,I got them around 1/3rd the price ! (and working perfect) ..so,buying ICE stuff from ebay in States would surely be good..infact,not only ICE..but most of our laptops,desktops,other electronics are ordered straight from ebay..and yes- for laptops,they come with the original bill and warranty..(manufacturers)..
Even manufacturers extended warranty plans are available at cheaper rates through ebay !
As for ebay India,I don't think sellers sell their products below MRP..
I was recently checking out a few TFT monitors,and well,I can buy the same stuff from Lamington road market(with original bill and warranty) for much cheaper prices than online..
And I guess like Sam mentioned..the JBL prices are right at their MRPs..plus you pay for shipping,and plus you pay for installation..
So,it's better to go to your JBL dealer,and get the stuff from there directly.

Cheers,
-sr
Old 6th October 2006, 06:57   #10
BHPian

my experience with ebay

I have been buying lots of electronic gadgets through eba.in. It is important to check the seller's reputation (by checking the feedbacks given by different buyers). I too had come across certain bad sellers. Some how I could get back the money after lot of communications over email and phone.

Of course, ebay.in has the buyer protection plan, wherein you are protected to some extent.

But all the items I have purchased through ebay.in so far have been of the expected quality.
Old 6th October 2006, 13:03   #11
BANNED

GoldSun! I agree with what you said. I would add a sentence: You are lucky!
I've had bad time with electronics and online shopping. Even small things like shavers etc.. Never worked after it reached me.
Old 6th October 2006, 13:53   #12
BHPian

Well I sold my JBL 4 inch speakers a whiel ago...No problems there..
Old 6th October 2006, 14:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
GoldSun! I agree with what you said. I would add a sentence: You are lucky!
I've had bad time with electronics and online shopping. Even small things like shavers etc.. Never worked after it reached me.
Ditto with me! Half of the electronics that i bought from ebay.com in US was DOA : Dead on Arrival and ended up paying shipping everytime to claim, thus making it expensive than instore buying!
Old 15th January 2007, 15:44   #14
BHPian

hey guys
can anyone tell me about genuine online sellers on ebay.us ? since my dad is still in the USA, i can ask him to get an amp while coming back.
few sellers i've come across

sonicelectronix
indoaudio
greatdeals4uonline
nationalaudiocenter
zigiboom
dynamicautosound

share your experiences with them or any other sellers

Last edited by gamerno1 : 15th January 2007 at 15:47.
Old 15th January 2007, 16:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1 View Post
indoaudio
IIRC Navin had some time back mentioned that he is a Fraud. Roland, you should PM Navin & Blueraven for more feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks