Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2006, 17:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

correction.. thar was a santro of gunbir which had sub in wheel well. dont know about the audio output through it and ease of removing spare tyre.
what is "IB"? please elaborate.
Old 7th October 2006, 17:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello gigy

IB - Infinite Baffle

Basically when you mount speakers in your car parcel shelf/tray, with no box (this is as simple as i can put it)
that is called IB.

Hope this shed light.

Boom.
Old 7th October 2006, 17:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

can i get this blaupunkt shallow sub in mumbai. think it is ideal for under seat.
anyone knows availability and price?
Old 7th October 2006, 17:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

thanks sam. i did ask one of the guys in milan subway to gas cut properly and instal "IB" , he got scare seeing the lpg tank!!!!!
he scared me also
Old 7th October 2006, 18:06   #20
BANNED

You can also do an IB install by placing a wooden plank behind the seat and making it properly sealed.

And the sparewheel sub install in the santro is perfect example of saving space. The spare tyre can be removed easily too.
Old 7th October 2006, 18:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

there is no space behind seat as the lpg tank is mounted as close as possible to seats to maximise area in boot. even the amps are touching the tank. think will remove the 444.
Old 7th October 2006, 21:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy
can i get this blaupunkt shallow sub in mumbai. think it is ideal for under seat.
anyone knows availability and price?
This Blaupunkt is commonly available in Mumbai. I have heard it and was not impressed much. You should listen to it. If I remember properly, the price for the 10" is about 4-5k.

In my opinion, it would be difficult to stuff a sub under the Baleno's seats. You should try and use the space near the side walls of the trunk to get in a shallow sub.
Old 7th October 2006, 22:09   #23
BANNED

Quote:
thanks sam. i did ask one of the guys in milan subway to gas cut properly and instal "IB" , he got scare seeing the lpg tank!!!!!
he scared me also
This can be sorted out for sure. Tell the Gas welder/cutter to do the job once the tank is empty and before you refill it. Or you may even remove it temporarily for the Cutting job. Ain't it??
Old 8th October 2006, 00:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

thanks buddy, i have finalized on three option, depending on installer its either 6-8 inches IB or two on side walls of trunk or one in wheel well.
Old 8th October 2006, 00:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks buddy, i have finalized on three option, depending on installer its either 6-8 inches IB or two on side walls of trunk or one in wheel well.
Hey gigy,

Get Two Subs On Walls Of Trunk..
So Now What Is Your Final Setup ??
Can We Get Some Pics Of Boot ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 11th October 2006, 19:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

this is pictures of boot with present setup.

Old 16th August 2014, 20:42   #27
BHPian

re: Under-seat subwoofer

Digging this old thread because I am also looking for an underseat subwoofer for A-star automatic.

My choice is between:
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/grou...82178650#prdsc

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...Specifications

Which is better?

I am inclined to choose Blaupunkt because of its frequency spectrum being 20Hz to 150 Hz.

Current setup:
- Headunit: OEM Nippon HU by Maruti.
- Amplifier: Hertz EP2 (2 Channel Amp) from Motor Concept (Wave to amanbir_jolly)
- Front Component:JBL - CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component Link
- Rear Coax- JBL 6.5 inches
- Cabling - Cervo Vega

Now the problem is that the sound is really tinny. Highs are tolerable but the lows are missing. Basically that soothing warmth of sound is absolutely missing.

The front components respond from 50Hz to 20KHz. As of now, any lower frequency is coming from rear coaxial, which is puny.

My opinion is that adding the Blaupunkt sub will cater to 20Hz to 150 Hz so it might bring in some lows and bring that warmth factor in sound! Is this correct?

Suggestions that I got was:
1. Add a DSP - 25,000 Rs DSP in A-Star will be an overkill for me. I do not expect it to help much anyway because my speakers are my weak point right now and will be the bottleneck.
2. Add Rainbow Component in front move tinny JBLs to back, Coax speakers go out- Reason I am not doing this for now is that I was always planning to have an Active sub so got the Hertz 2 channel Amp. Adding it now will allow me to get lows for now? Rainbow Components will drain my money and leave me with no sub. How much do they start from BTW?

I am aware that speakers are my weak point right now. But changing them is something I can not justify until early next year.

Last edited by Mohitkumaar : 16th August 2014 at 20:46.
Old 16th August 2014, 23:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Digging this old thread because I am also looking for an underseat subwoofer for A-star automatic.
Why are you looking at an active under seat sub, and not a full size sub? do you have any space constraints?
Old 17th August 2014, 07:00   #29
BHPian

Exactly. Anyway A STAR has pathetic boot space. I put in golf kit there with one back seat down. Under seat sub helps me retain whatever little space I have.
Old 17th August 2014, 09:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Exactly. Anyway A STAR has pathetic boot space. I put in golf kit there with one back seat down. Under seat sub helps me retain whatever little space I have.
I was speaking to a Car Audio dealer who sells a large range of Ground Zero products but will stop soon. His opinion for Ground Zero range, ones sold in India, was good stuff but can be unreliable with many complaints as a result.

Blaupunkt seems to be decent. Would you be interested in Pioneer? Should be superior but that one would require external amplification but Class Ds seem to have a small footprint so shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by Maky : 17th August 2014 at 09:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks