Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2006, 20:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Under-seat subwoofer

i want to install subwoofers under my car seats as i dont have much boot space to spare. can anyone please let me know the brands available and cost if possible. thinking of putting two, have a sony 444 and sony 222 sitting idle in boot..............
moderators any direct link on this subject????
Old 6th October 2006, 21:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

which car?

you have option fm pioneer and blaupukt; active subs
Old 6th October 2006, 22:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

what compact are you talking about, man ? even a 800 accomodates a sub in the rear. exactly, what compact do you own ?

on a lighter note... are you that kind of guy who cant get enough of the massage on the buttocks, that you want more even when you are driving ? ha ha ha ha
Old 6th October 2006, 22:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
on a lighter note... are you that kind of guy who cant get enough of the massage on the buttocks, that you want more even when you are driving ? ha ha ha ha

Which Car Do You Own ??
You Can Get Pionner,Jbl,Illusion,Blaupunkt,Hertz Subs.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 6th October 2006, 23:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
what compact are you talking about, man ? even a 800 accomodates a sub in the rear. exactly, what compact do you own ?
he doesn't have boot space to SPARE .. it's different from not having boot space.
Old 6th October 2006, 23:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
he doesn't have boot space to SPARE .. it's different from not having boot space.
if he can spare enough space for 2 amps, then surely he can spare enough space for one sub & one amp there. BTW, i presume the topic was putting subs under the seat.
Old 7th October 2006, 00:13   #7
BANNED

C'mon guys!!! Boot can be used for many other useful prospects than just putting a fat SUB!! Have you tried dropping the rear seats of Esteem etc.. and WOW!!!! It's far better than a queensize bed!! And the best part? Cops/people around wont notice what's happening inside.

BTW, GIGY!!! we need to know what car are you talking about. If it's a big car like Innova etc.. Then It's better to have coupla 8inchers under the front seats. Gunbir & JB had done an install like this.
Old 7th October 2006, 09:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Gigy, under-seat subs tend to be either active subs (costlier than sub + amp set-up generally, for the same sound) or subs that are of the thin kind, which may not give the same amount of bass that you would get for a regular sub.

Make sure you evaluate how much bass you need, before you spring the money for an under-seat sub. I'd earler used a small Blau active sub under my seat, but found it to be too puny for my taste. I had to get rid of it and go for a proper in-boot 12 incher with an amp.

If you have an Innova, or an SUV, this may not be a problem, as you can fit a good-enough sub under the seat, like the install Zak has mentioned in his post. (You can check it out here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ghlight=Innova)
They got two 8" subs (one under each seat) installed in that particular set-up.

Last edited by hydrashok : 7th October 2006 at 09:44.
Old 7th October 2006, 11:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

giga

most under seat subs do not perform as well as larger subs that are in the trunck but if you want a few links try these

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0cmKTFO...000&I=105CSBB2

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0cmKTFO...00&I=020SRV303

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0cmKTFO...00&I=113KSCSW1

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0cmKTFO...0&I=108BASSLN2

alterantely this link can give you ideas of using a sub in your trunk

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0cmKTFO...sp?g=530&avf=N
Old 7th October 2006, 14:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

my car is baleno. i have a pioneer in sub in a enclosed setup. now i have put in lpg tank of 60 lts. have a tool box hydraulic jack, electric compresor for tyres and lot of car care cans.so space is bit of problem, will add snaps soon. as of now the sub i boot but while onting outings cant carry enough outdoor equipments and luggage. saw a six inch dual coil bolt sub as a option. dont want to cut the speaker tray as i feel it makes the rear of car loose structural strenght.
this is why wanted subs under seat. tried playing a home theater sub in car, sounded like crap so removed it off.
Old 7th October 2006, 15:21   #11
BANNED

Sub below the front seats of Baleno? I dont think it's a good option. If you just want to boost the lows a bit, then get two 8" subs which has a nice SNR response like IDQ and try powering it from a good amp. Blau PA275 was a nice option due to it's small size and nice output. Bad they dont make it anymore. You can also try to get a used one.
Old 7th October 2006, 15:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Get a 6x9 for rear...simplest solution

Or get IB setup done frm a good shop since you already have a sub and hope the sub is a "f" type

Last edited by jkdas : 7th October 2006 at 15:44.
Old 7th October 2006, 17:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

have two 6x9 400e of sony in rear tray, think will replace therm and put bla velocity or jbl. that should improve low notes.
i am impresses with the mod done in gets. sub inside spare tyre with transparent top.
Old 7th October 2006, 17:17   #14
BANNED

Arrey!!! IB is the best way forward if you can get it done by a decent installer. Why did'nt I think about it before??? Thanks JKdas for that.
Experts will soon come in to quote the plus and minuses of an IB install.

And sparewheel install is great for Hatchbacks. Dunno about sedans. Will it sound good?
Old 7th October 2006, 17:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

whats "IB"? could not make out. elaborate please.

Most Viewed