Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2004, 13:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

guys
have a pioneer deh 7250mp, planning to put a lcd screen(necvox 5.6 inch) and a converter to the existing cd player(so it starts playing vcds, but will stop playing mp3) total cost 5k, is it cheap or expensive?

hey i have another doubt, most of my friends use comp cd rom drives in their cars, they connect it to the deck using the front headphone outlet, my question is can this "converter" be put onto a cd rom, so i can use it to see movies from the dc rom drive, so that i dont lose my mp3 playing capacity
of the deh

also whats the cheapest vcd/mp3 player
and a dvd player?

another thing
my dad wants to buy a small diesel car for my sis to use
and is seeing only in 2nd hands
we have finalized between 2 options zen di and palio d
both are oct 2003 models,
the zen di and palio d fully loaded with ps and power windows etc and factory fitted decks
the zen di is white in colour and has done 12k kms while the plaio d has done 5k kms
here imp criteria are spare parts costs, servicing costs, resale value , problems in long term usage, and mileage (very imp)
the zen di has very high resale value, he is asking 4 lacs(butwill give for 3.75), the priceof the sme new version is 4.70lacs , he is selling it as he is buying a skoda octavia(again i dont under stand this trend, 99% of zend owners upgrade to skoda or accent crdi in a year's time!)while the paio doesnt have much resale value but is slowly gaining as people are buying palio d over zen d from the last few months
while the palio d guy is asking 3.5 lacs and the reason for selling is he is going abroad.

my dad's hell bent on the zen di, but seeing thepalio d since the price is less what do u guys think?
any other options??
Old 5th April 2004, 14:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Aadix,

If you father is concerned with ONLY resale values and mileage, the ZenD wins hands down. Butttttttttttttttt I would still strongly recommend the Palio D, as it is a car that is much safer, pretty economical, two sizes bigger and far better engineered in each and every aspect. The ride and handling is truly in a class of its own...and the interior space is more than an Esteem...leave aside the Zen.

Shut your eyes and pick up the Palio...

GTO
Old 5th April 2004, 15:01   #3
RJK
Senior - BHPian

even i'd say go for the palio.....its a much better car than zen ever can be but buy only if ur dealer is good enough..there have been lots of complaints in Bangalore particularly sundaram motors..
Palio wins in every aspect over zen except the mileage but its an overall good package plus ur getting it cheaper & it has run less...i think u should buy it...

M3
Old 5th April 2004, 15:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

what abt an accent dls??? we are getting pretty good ones here for around 3 to 3.5l
Old 5th April 2004, 15:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Aadix

Go for the Palio D . You get a great car there and its much bigger than the Zen.. Seriously I really dont think the Zen is as fun to drive in diesel avtaar then petrol....The Zen has its plus point of service network something wich is a concern for Fiat but I think theyre catching up. Resale value is good in the Zen too. But the Palio is better safety wise gives decent milaege and is very comfortable.. like GTO said more space than some mid sizers and a decent boot..

About the Accent DLS it comes with the same Peugeot 1.5 engine that does duty in the Zen D. The Accent DLS didnt sell well and led to the introduction of the CRDI which is doing better..

So its Palio D from me

Cheers
Old 5th April 2004, 15:46   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Zen has a good engine. The TUD5 from Peugeot. Its very reliable and fuel efficient. Other than that its nothin great. The Accent DLS also has the same TUD5 engine. It'll give u the fellin of a big car. But as Dippy said the car failed in the market. And u wudnt wanna drive a failed car, right??

The Palio isnt far behind in terms reliability and fuel efficiency. Its bigger and spacious too. And plus its only done 5k and u'll be also saving 25K over the Zen. My opinion : Go for the Palio.
Old 5th April 2004, 17:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

hmm
will tell muh dad, my vote also goes for the palio d
my dad said frankly, find me some one who can service it properly i will buy it! plus he is worried that if fiat goes belly up, palio will become another matiz
Old 5th April 2004, 17:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

tell me one thing guys, how come no one teling me abt the necvox screen deal??????????

will keep u guys informed abt what happens
Old 5th April 2004, 17:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

I dont thin service is a worry because I've heard their service is coming up and the new Palio NV has got sales going

Cheers
Old 5th April 2004, 21:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well if Palio does become another Matiz, dont worry. 2 years down the line GM will come in and buyout the Fiat plant here in Kurla....just like Daewoo's plant in Noida...

Revv
Old 16th July 2006, 22:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
I dont thin service is a worry because I've heard their service is coming up and the new Palio NV has got sales going

Cheers
hey dippy,
i know u r coool ..i too love the fiats, starting, not from the padmini, but from the uno ( was the best car among the small hatchbacks till date, i would say) to the siena to the palio to the petra..BUTTTT....where does it leave u, if u purchased a siena for 6 lakhs, u would be selling it for a lakh plus after 2/3 years plus the car would be rubbish unless u spent a fortune in maintaining it at sundaram motors ( who have conveniently discarded the dealership)....fiat promised a lot with the palio...so i do respect ur suggestions...but like always maruthi wins and lilke always.....fiat in india, losses, very badly...

cheers
Old 18th July 2006, 08:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hei hei! this is ICE section ok! Please post your query abt the which car to buy thingy at the relevant section !

JVC DVD HU Costs 10k

Sony VCD HU costs 8 and 9k ( B&W)

Pio DVD Hu costs 16k.
Old 18th July 2006, 09:30   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
tell me one thing guys, how come no one teling me abt the necvox screen deal?
Addix your necvox query was hijacked by guys who care more about "engine-vengine"! :-) Damn this used to be the ICE section! :-)

Do you use MP3s in your car? I would think that converting your player so that it plays VCDs but looses it's ability to paly MP3s is not worth it. The number of times you will use VCD is far fewer than MP3.

That said if you still want to go ahead a NecVox headrest screen runs less than 5K.
Old 18th July 2006, 15:21   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Am I the only one here who is realising that aadix asked about the necvox screen 2.5 years ago???
Old 18th July 2006, 21:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Am I the only one here who is realising that aadix asked about the necvox screen 2.5 years ago???

Not really, but the thread became more of a FIAT discussion... hehe anyway Lock Kiya Jaye ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks