Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 10:45   #1
BHPian

Bang & Olufsen to replace Sony as Ford's audio partner

After supplying audio systems to Ford owned Lincoln vehicles under its Revel brand, Harman`s high end brand B&O play which it had acquired last year [more info here (Bang & Olufsen Car Audio - Acquired by Harman) ] is set to replace Sony as Ford`s audio partner. With this Ford is all set to ditch the 16 year relationship with Sony. For the moment, Ford and Harman are declining to detail what models will be available with B&O Play-branded stereo options, how much they will cost, and when they will arrive. Further rollout details are promised later this year.

B&O PLAY creates a customized audio experience for customers with specifically tailored speaker placement and calibration for each vehicle in the Ford range. This means dynamic tuning ensures optimal sound is maintained in the cabin no matter what driving conditions are like – and regardless of where someone sits. Being a Ford owner myself, factory audio system are one of best OEM systems available and with B&O Play things will become much better inside the car.
More info -> Forbes
DragonHawk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 11:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Bang & Olufsen to replace Sony as Ford's audio partner

Though chances of this coming to value offerings we have in India is less, this can become a big attention grabber. I have not come across a review of the Zest, Bolt or Tiago without it mentioning the Harmon Kardon music system and its brilliance. I myself have advised few folks who were considering entry variants of the Tiago, to not miss this high end music system. It simply makes these budget value cars a little 'special'.

If not on the Figo twins, Bang&Olufsen being a part of the EcoSport, at least only on the Titanium(O) would still be a very tempting
aravind.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 12:19   #3
BHPian

re: Bang & Olufsen to replace Sony as Ford's audio partner

As per survey conducted by market research firm lpsos, roughly one-third of car buyers surveyed say that "...audio brand in their next new vehicle will have a significant impact on their purchase consideration.".[Link here->lpsos ] So I believe this may be driving many car makers to look out for good audio systems.
I don`t know about globally but atleast in India, since long time in car entertainment is one area which has been completely ignored by almost all car manufacturers. Sound quality of audio systems which comes as factory default are just pathetic and music lovers had to look for outside for better audio systems. But from past few years we are seeing some traction in this segment. Renault came up with Bose audio systems in Koleos, Tata and Maruti had a tie up with Harman for providing audio systems in their respective cars.

I completely agree with Aravind, if Ford is able to come up with an offering which includes B&O Play audio systems in its premium cars like Ecosport and Endeavour, certainly it is going to be value proposition.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 14th September 2016 at 12:21.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 12:47   #4
BANNED

Re: Bang & Olufsen to replace Sony as Ford's audio partner

Bang & Olufsen (B&O) are reputedly considered to be higher end than Sony. One thing is for sure their stuff is far more stylish. I think there is definitely more 'posh.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2016 at 13:16. Reason: Typos
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 04:54   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Bang & Olufsen to replace Sony as Ford's audio partner

B&O has a very high "Scandinavian Style/ Design" quotient. And yes, their sound quality is very good too. Well researched audio dynamics and top class execution which is why they carry a premium.
This will be a good alliance to take Ford a notch or two above where it is right now...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks