Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2006, 15:54   #1
BHPian

hey guys,
so I finally got my car audio done for the time bring(Blaupunkt Monterry HU+ Blaupunkt 5.25" in the dash +JBL gto in the rear).The sound quality is really good in CD/MP3 but when I switch tp Radio some FM stations give a lot of disturbance.I gather that this happens due to the frequency of the station.I live in Bangalore.FM 91.0 comes really clean but others have a little jittery sound in between coverage.I am said that the Indigo's inernal antenna is not hat receptive.Is that true?
How do I fine tune the antenna settings.?I do not wanna put a whole in my car for an external antenna.
Old 12th October 2006, 16:46   #2
BANNED

fm antenna

yup ,even my indica had an antenna problem . I use an aluminium rod ,the ones that TV antennas used to have . i have the rod concealed under the carpet near the gear shifter . My Fm works good . may be you could try the same
Old 12th October 2006, 16:57   #3
kph
BHPian

I have indica using in Bangalore. I'm using a sony explod in it which doesn’t have any problem in reception of any of the channels. Indica uses the same type of internal antennas Indigos have. I changed it with a Sony branded one and didn’t find much improvement in reception (I mean reception when in outskirts of bangalore) Anyway there shouldn’t be a problem with the clarity.
Also I feel radio mirchi and radio one has got performance. That definitely depends on the area (near/far from the transmission antenna).
Anyway you can check if your antenna connection is properly given. Also check if the separate power connection for the antenna is given.
Old 13th October 2006, 06:53   #4
BHPian

My friend had Indica and now Indigo. He said that the radio reception has not been so perfect in both the cars. I feel this could be due to some inferior built-in antenna that is provided in both the cars. It is suggested to go for external antenna.
Old 13th October 2006, 07:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Same for me - had the Indica, have the Indigo. Always used the internal antenna, and never had any reception problems. Pls have the connections checked up.
Old 13th October 2006, 11:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Get the connection checked up. Is it a petrol one? Blau HU are known ( based on my knowledge frm advts and sort) for good radio reception.
Old 13th October 2006, 15:44   #7
BHPian

how does it matter whether the indigo is a petrol or diesel one?neways..if it does..then I have a diesel(facelifted) Indigo.
Old 13th October 2006, 16:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

An internal antenna is not as powerful as an external antenna. That's pretty much the extent of your problem. Try replacing the internal antenna, or make a whole and fit an external antenna. Blaupunkt radios are known for good reception, as are all german HUs.
Old 18th October 2006, 10:41   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
An internal antenna is not as powerful as an external antenna. That's pretty much the extent of your problem. Try replacing the internal antenna, or make a whole and fit an external antenna. Blaupunkt radios are known for good reception, as are all german HUs.
If your listening is so FM centric it might be worth it to invest in a diversity antenna. these antenna are actually 2 anetnnae location at opposite ends of the vehicle. The signals are compared and summed to give you a nicer cleaner output. These anetnnae can also reduce "picket fencing" to some extent. I have use these sort of antennae in diffcult places like the Catskills (NYS) or Shenandoah (VA).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks